Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    that would be me, nearly 7 years of paying 15 heh, but it would be nice if its like 10 instead XD
    We can only hope at this point and once it's announced at 15 we can still dream

nothing to much on starwars info released i see today.. so to lift some spirits i present a Leasticoulddo.com comic featuring the emperor

Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

They would never charge less than $15/month because people would probably think it translates to less content and less service. Similarly I doubt they'd go over $15 when their biggest competitor (who has a huge foothold in the market) charges $15.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    They would never charge less than $15/month because people would probably think it translates to less content and less service. Similarly I doubt they'd go over $15 when their biggest competitor (who has a huge foothold in the market) charges $15.
    ya i suppose that is true, but 10$ would still be nice really XD

Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    Yeah so dont the romances kind of make this null and void? If a Jedi is having a relationship on the side with a crew member then hes breaking the code and the canon of his class.
    Luke Skywalker, and Leia both have Partners, Lukes partner is even a previous imperial agent, yet they both are not dark side.

And since one of the jedi teachings is "love" you would think having love would strengthen you.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Luke Skywalker, and Leia both have Partners, Lukes partner is even a previous imperial agent, yet they both are not dark side.

And since one of the jedi teachings is "love" you would think having love would strengthen you.
    Relationships were considered a conflict of interest in the order, much like catholic priests. It could also lead to dangerous emotional attachments that could potentialy spiral out of control. But by that time Luke was just about the only Jedi so he essentially had free reign to rework the code as he saw fit for a new era. Hell, he even incorperated Force Lightning into Jedi training. Why not love?
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2011-06-18 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

Having a relationship can weaken you so much more, your loved one is killed you go into a rage then you lose yourself to the dark side. And the luke skywalker having a wife thing I take with a grain of salt anyway. The amount of "rules" he broke and rewrote when he reestablished the order makes it all lackluster. At one point he joined the sith or at least was on the same side of them i know that much. And im sure the death of his wife and the treachery of his bloodline (caused through love and attachment) didnt help him in the direction he took his life.
    Paradox, Alliance, U.S Guild Site.
    LF 1 Healer and 2 DPS for WoD Mythic raiding.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Relationships were considered a conflict of interest in the order, much like catholic priests. It could also lead to dangerous emotional attachments that could potentialy spiral out of control. But by that time Luke was just about the only Jedi so he essentially had free reign to rework the code as he saw fit for a new era. Hell, he even incorperated Force Lightning into Jedi training. Why not love?
    This was the Old Code
    Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.
    _________This one was put in around the time of the KOTOR

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. (There is no chaos, there is harmony.)(*) There is no death, there is the Force.

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 07:09 AM ----------

Having a relationship can weaken you so much more, your loved one is killed you go into a rage then you lose yourself to the dark side. And the luke skywalker having a wife thing I take with a grain of salt anyway. The amount of "rules" he broke and rewrote when he reestablished the order makes it all lackluster. At one point he joined the sith or at least was on the same side of them i know that much. And im sure the death of his wife and the treachery of his bloodline (caused through love and attachment) didnt help him in the direction he took his life.
    Luke took up his Fathers old position in the empire to secretly undermine their operations

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 07:19 AM ----------

Edit: Course he was starting to lose his way of thinking being surrounded by the darkside for such awhile, but he was able to be brought back
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-18 at 07:20 AM.

My point more the fact that luke almost went to the dark side on more then one occasion and that the death of his loved one helped that. Although personally i think its all shit, im the kind of person that really doesnt enjoy the whole "the emperor returned as a clone and luke had epic battles for 50 more years crap. I prefer the George Lucas Universe, which is 6 movies and a cartoon series =D.

But back to my original point, in SWTOR if you are a Jedi and you romance you need to be rewarded DS points, is it fair? No because if you dont romance you will not be rewarded lightside points but still if we are making this game as true to SW as possible and story driven, thats the way you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose. The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-06-18 at 07:26 AM.
    Paradox, Alliance, U.S Guild Site.
    LF 1 Healer and 2 DPS for WoD Mythic raiding.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

My point more the fact that luke almost went to the dark side on more then one occasion and that the death of his loved one helped that. Although personally i think its all shit, im the kind of person that really doesnt enjoy the whole "the emperor returned as a clone and luke had epic battles for 50 more years crap. I prefer the George Lucas Universe, which is 6 movies and a cartoon series =D.

But back to my original point, in SWTOR if you are a Jedi and you romance you need to be rewarded DS points, is it fair? No because if you dont romance you will not be rewarded lightside points but still if we are making this game as true to SW as possible and story driven, thats the way you do it.
    was it fully said any romance gives darkside points? it could of just came from romancing a "evil" npc or somthing

That gives me a perfect opportunity to promote a great Luke AU story. A Son of Suns Trilogy by blank101. Here are the links if you are in a reading mood.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4302076/1/Into_the_Storm
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4344112/1/In_Shadows_and_Darkness
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4520729/...d_the_Darkness
    --

Torwars has a link on romancing from april, 2011 that talks about romancing (from the darkside, at least.)

That's all I have heard on the subject. It basically says you dont get light or dark side points for the way you talk.

As far as romancing goes on the Lightside, it comes and goes. Sometimes its allowed. Sometimes its not. The Jedi keep changing it. Of course, Jedi and Sith are not Lightside and Darkside. So the whole romancing thing is a bad example.

You can feel emotions just fine as a Jedi. The trick is to not be ruled by your emotions.

i know this video is a bit old but

around 35 seconds he brings up

"There are some systems that we haven't announced that may allow some of the races to go to some of the other classes that they are not initially allowed to."-James Ohlen

they could of changed their minds by now.. but that would be an interesting thing

not sure if this has been seen

http://www.torhq.com/2011/06/08/swtor-leaked-beta-footage-sith-inquisitor/

s
    ound on the first video picks up at 2mins in
    Only death my pay for life

To who ever can answer this shall get the keys to mah interwebs. Of the healing classes we know of which ones have what roles. And by that I mean which is the HoT(Druid) healer, Tank(Paladin) Healer and the Absorbsion (disc Priest like) healer. I remember hearing someone on darthhater mention a HoT healing class so im assuming we have variety. Thanks, Tam.
    http://darthhater.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwarder View Post
    not sure if this has been seen

http://www.torhq.com/2011/06/08/swtor-leaked-beta-footage-sith-inquisitor/

s
    ound on the first video picks up at 2mins in
    that guy is one of those guys that enjoys removing the clothes of his charecter to show off the body it seems XD
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    that guy is one of those guys that enjoys removing the clothes of his charecter to show off the body it seems XD
    lol oh my. This is why I will never play on an rp server.

Hello TOR fans, old and new. Since just before E3 this year, this thread has exploded. We gained 1400 posts and about 90,000 new views during E3, and it still hasn't really slowed down. So, I'd like to go over a few things.

My name is Trollsbane, but you may call me Trolls for short. =p I run this thread out of love for this game. I feel it's important to combat the huge amount of disinformation that circulates about this game. This is THE big upcoming game of the MMO industry. Everyone is following it hoping it succeeds, competes, or fails. I put together a compilation of known facts on the first page to help find all the info people are looking for by puting it in one easy to find place.

I've had a chance to play this game. I was never a chosen game tester. I know a few things about this game that the general public does not. And for the most part, it will stay that way. Although I am bound by no NDA, I still won't discuss things that have not already been seen outside of conventions. What I can do, is elaborate further than many of the fansites have done. This of course does not stop others from posting beta leaks. I'm just saying it won't come from myself.

Having played the game, I can say (as true with almost every game) seeing videos of gameplay does this game no justice in any form. It plays smooth and looks beautiful. It's not "WoW in space". It's an evolution. The story, something that many still believe is impossible in an MMO, truly makes this game gripping and more immersive than anything else in the market ever hoped to be. This can only be felt when you actually get to play it. But the story is not by anymeans the only great thing this game has to offer. This is Bioware at their best.

The community in this forum is something I really care about. Discussion is fine, and wanted. But flaming is something we need to work to avoid. People love to pop into this thread and post the 1 bad review out of 100. They like to say how the game looks like crap and this or that is bad. Etc. Etc. Ignore these people. Report the post and move on. As for ourselves, treat eachother with respect. You are not special, so don't act like you sit above the rest.

Don't go into another video game's thread and flame. Many people here have interest in more than one game, and have built a friendly community with the lovers of that game. Mainly this applies to Guild Wars 2 and the people in that thread. We won't see eye to eye on many a things, but that is no reason to disrespect them, and vice versa.

Don't start any retarded "WoW killer" posts. You look like an idiot, and thus make us look like tools. Keep the TOR talk civil and in this thread. We don't need another Rift fiasco in these forums. If you have ideas or something that you would like added to the front page, please post it here for more input or send me a message.

TL;DR: You're an idiot and should just read the damn thing. Be respectful and help eachother. Read the post on the front page to find many answers you may have.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-18 at 05:41 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

As for me im only visiting mmo-champ for the off-tpic section and this thread now, il post everything thing i find, next time send me a beta key! Muhaha!

Ive lost interest in wow in March even without ToR it would not have changed, and the more the time advance and i look at their design direction the more i hate it.

Trollsbane i dont see why you say that video dont give justice, i think it does.
    Its my kotor3 with multiplayers!

R.I.P. Nienniora the ret paly, you fought long enough.
    Last edited by Nienniora; 2011-06-18 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    As for me im only visiting mmo-champ for the off-tpic section and this thread now, il post everything thing i find, next time send me a beta key! Muhaha!

Ive lost interest in wow in March even without ToR it would not have changed, and the more the time advance and i look at their design direction the more i hate it.

Trollsbane i dont see why you say that video dont give justice, i think it does.
    Its my kotor3 with multiplayers!

R.I.P. Nienniora the ret paly, you fought long enough.
    well most videos graphics have to be turned down to make for smoothness of streaming or recording

and yes R.I.P for your pally.. i don;t think i can retire my shaman.. hes over 6 years old and really the only thing thats keeping me in the game.. is the time left from the release date of SWTOR and my girlfriend playing the game, not totaly sure she wants to play the starwars mmo and that her laptop can handle it =s

and Troll id love to just probe your Brain for more info but ya, i agree you can't tell us everything,