10+ Year Old Account

im gunna re listen to what the guys are talking about, i got distracted by the gameplay heh

dono what people are talkinga bout the commando's upper torso being still while running, they still move but when your aiming you kinda have to hold your weapons till a bit
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Originally Posted by StephenReid
    QFT. And sanity.

If you're going to watch my Twitter feed like a hawk, you at least owe it to yourself to understand the context, like so:

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/82477278575067136

If I'm replying to someone, read the original question and not just the reply.

To be utterly clear though, as I've said before: a release date announcement will be very big - so big you'll probably know about the announcement before it even arrives. It's not just going to be tossed into a Friday Update without you at least getting some hint about it in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    ME TOO! Hopefully the mobo I want comes back in stock.
    I know what you two mean. I've been saving for a computer that can run TOR for awhile now. I hope I have it before the game releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    No word on whats in the CE right? It'd be cool if they threw in a saber crystal or some cool-looking armor piece. (neither of which would give a distinct advatange, just something for looks.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    No word on whats in the CE right? It'd be cool if they threw in a saber crystal or some cool-looking armor piece. (neither of which would give a distinct advatange, just something for looks.)
    I'd guess a statue and books, and probably a whole shit load of similar goodies.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

A big mouse mat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, to be honest, unless I get some sort of in-game perk/item/pet I'm probably not going to get the CE. I just had to clean up my mancave and my many CE game boxes took up a lot of room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd venture to guess at in-game perks too. That's a huge fad atm to capitalize on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's been said that the first mount you'll get is around 20(ish) does that mean you can't learn the skill until 20? I'm going to go with yes. One thing I like about LotRO (and it's not a lot I still like about it) is that you can be any level to use a mount. Oh and RoM does that too.

I'd want a developer diary sort of thing. I wouldn't turn a mouse pad away either tho. :P

I'll be getting the CE edition of it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I know it's been said that the first mount you'll get is around 20(ish) does that mean you can't learn the skill until 20? I'm going to go with yes. One thing I like about LotRO (and it's not a lot I still like about it) is that you can be any level to use a mount. Oh and RoM does that too.
    Atm, I hear it's a trainable skill at lvl 25.

Over the last several pages I've seen a lot of people talking about hoping for an open beta, and one person even said BioWare said that an open beta would be the best test of their market. I'm sorry, but this is completely false.

Bioware actually directly said they probably won't do an open beta, because with 1 million people subscribed to the main site, doing an open beta wouldn't be so much a stress test of the test server, as putting a gun to it and pulling the trigger. There will be a large scale closed beta, but nothing free and open to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Over the last several pages I've seen a lot of people talking about hoping for an open beta, and one person even said BioWare said that an open beta would be the best test of their market. I'm sorry, but this is completely false.

Bioware actually directly said they probably won't do an open beta, because with 1 million people subscribed to the main site, doing an open beta wouldn't be so much a stress test of the test server, as putting a gun to it and pulling the trigger. There will be a large scale closed beta, but nothing free and open to the general public.
    I'm not sure as to where in the last few pages you were referring to but whilst I was following this thread any mention of open beta was snipped at the bud. Atleast recently.

In his defence though, we've had what, 100 pages since shortly before E3? That's... a lot of activity, you can't really blame him for being *that* far behind. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

dono what people are talkinga bout the commando's upper torso being still while running, they still move but when your aiming you kinda have to hold your weapons till a bit
    Pay no heed to the haters. Trooper's torso is fine and moving realistically. I'd like to see them haters holding a cannon like that twin barreled one in the video and move their torso as if they were doing Tae Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    October. Don't hope for much earlier.

And don't bother asking why I am saying that. I will not tell you, nor will I ever mention it again.
    No way EA is gonna launch SWTOR and BF3 on the same month, September is the only month that makes sense launching in 2011

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    your sig name will break the 4th wall =o hehe sorry just teasin, would be fun to see that name accualy

can't wait for some more info to come out for the game
    yeah i'm a big Sargeras fan
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...argerus/simple

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    No way EA is gonna launch SWTOR and BF3 on the same month, September is the only month that makes sense launching in 2011
    I'm still going with the idea that EA is going to spring it on us after the release of the next WoW patch. That is essentially what they said they were going to do, either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw one of these threads Trolls was talking about, it almost made me sick. Didn't get past the first page though. XP

Also, just saw your armory Kallen, i like the way your toon looks, lol pretty fierce XD.(know that was off topic but my questions regarding SW: ToR are limited, so I just "lurk on this thread taking in the info and punching holes in my wall waiting for this game to come out XD.)
    Last edited by thenextaverageguy; 2011-06-20 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    Pay no heed to the haters. Trooper's torso is fine and moving realistically. I'd like to see them haters holding a cannon like that twin barreled one in the video and move their torso as if they were doing Tae Bo.
    Come on people, at least try a little bit.

The gameplay action starts around :26. It's pretty easy to tell which is in game motion and which is motion captured cutscene footage.

Clearly, the commando's large 2handed weapon is not the only trooper stance and was only very recently shown off in action. However, the regular trooper rifle stance has been around for quite a long time and so have the comments related to it. The above video is of the trooper progression which is very recent and I can personally assure you that they run exactly like that in the current version of the beta. It wasn't a big complaint, but it was a valid one.

Congrats on jumping all over one little thing and placing the title "Hater" on one of the longest running TOR supporters on this site.
    Last edited by Luko; 2011-06-20 at 02:07 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

nice commando vid .. one thing i'm mulling over now about wich class i want to play is . Mando armor. Can troopers get it? if so does it have to be a specific AC? or is it just bounty hunters that can get it?