10+ Year Old Account
    What is a fairly dangerous statement to copy, what i'm trying to point out as endgame is such a wide term for some many different type of players, RP, PvE, PvP and there has been so many forms and shapes in so many mmo's.

I'm comparing it to the enthusiasm for the games what leads to a lot of expectations, not the developer houses.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2011-03-24 at 11:38 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I believe they really have to try to cover "everything". I also think they're better off keeping it behind a shroud of mystery then giving you it all upfront. People are fickle.

That is just how I feel though.

IM SO GOING TO LOOSE MY LIFE ON THIS!!!! Finally a role playing game about my favourite franchise that isnt cheesy looking and makes you do stuff in a linear mode, this game looks epic....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I'm 12, and my balls have been producing men of the sea for quite a long time (Over a year)

PS: Men of the sea = Sea Men = Semen

Deleted
    Thanks for putting this together, makes looking things up easier!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    I believe they really have to try to cover "everything". I also think they're better off keeping it behind a shroud of mystery then giving you it all upfront. People are fickle.

That is just how I feel though.
    If you mean by that with not acknowledging its excistance untill it is set in stone, i agree i know what happens when developers bounce back and forth ideas to a community, they become seen incorrectly as promises.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice post! I believe TOR will take some portion of WoW playerbase, maybe the more mature one.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    HOPEFULLY the more mature one.
    Fixed, you're welcome. :P

there is a good review here
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=285080

one section that is REALLY important.
    Combat in TOR was similar to what we have come to expect from MMORPGs, there was no auto-attack, but quick slot 1 was bound to right click. BioWare didn't want us moving those around or opening up the abilities menu (I had to open mine though because at one point my "slash" attack vanished when we lagged a little and I must have drug it off my hot bar... And yes, I was using my mouse to click, because I didn't know what abilities did what yet and I was using the tool tips until I figured it out). Combat was more intense than in WoW due to the way the Jedi Knight: Jedi Guardian was set up.

It was not an action game, but without an auto attack I did find myself more frantically clicking, and later more frantically pressing hot keys. This made me feel more like I had to pay closer attention to the game itself. This, I cannot stress enough, was what set this apart from WoW.

On the surface it looks similar to WoW combat, in the game however it feels much different, and that is a big distinction.

I never felt myself fall into a cycle. In many encounters the combat actions I chose were radically different. Even if the enemies were the exact same my choice of attacks would change.

That I felt was significant, this was because I couldn't figure out a "best" cycle and all of them seemed to work well enough. I cannot stress how important that is. one of the flaws in MMORPG combat is the fact that the cycle is important, you do attack X, Y, then Z over and over again in games like WoW and even DAoC. This is not the case in TOR. This makes the game play feel more varied than other games and that makes the combat more interesting.

They've said they will have everything that conventional mmos have and everything that you would expect from them, They haven't made big announcements on them yet because there more focused on announcing the new things there bringing to the genre.

Trollsbane this is a seriously awesome thread thanks for putting together the INFO !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    To drag it thru the fact checker...as you set it up as an informative thread and wish to stop repeating you might want to think about what you're putting in it that will cause people to question you.

"So it has all the endgame concepts that other MMOs have?"
    It sure does.

Yet to be shown, any endgame content other then 1 flashpoint for 4 people.
    What is missing from "all other mmo's"?
    No competive PvP has been announced yet in terms of Arena's, rated Battlegrounds, Sieges etc. Yes this is seen as Endgame for PvPers.
    No big party raids, it has been said something for PvE will be there but right now it's all wishful thinking and assumptions.
    No repeatable quests or solo content, yet to be announced aswel.

Only thing we know sure of that will be there at max level is the spaceship minigames and the 1 instance for four.

For the rest, looks correct would've thrown in more interviews that shown an other perspective to let them sort out the positives and negatives themselfs but you're emotionally invested in it and so think you managed to remain fairly objective with choice of highlights.
    Once announcements are made about the endgame things, I'll update it. But like others said, all Bioware has said about it is that they will have all the end game material other games have.

Throughout the interviews, they've said that there will be something for everyone at end game, including people who don't want to group up. So that eludes to the repeatable quests.

They have the one battle ground that they announced, and another they sort of talked about, and said others are around as well. As far as competitive/ranked arena/bgs, I'm not sure. There's been no word there yet.

The spaceship isn't max level. You get that sometime after leaving your origion world.

I would put truly objective interviews up, but I'll be honest. I will not put up just any random blogger/reporter's bad interview because I have seen none that actually know what they are talking about. Most seem to have an agenda, and I'd much rather take the side of a fan who can actually spell the places name correctly. =)
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-03-24 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for this great thread, hated bouncing around trying to look for information.

10+ Year Old Account
    misspellings don't discredit it off as a review however, i still say assumptions is the mother of all fuck ups.

My point is and still is if you go on and say "it will have everything!" it is spreading a misconception as the game won't have every endgame element other mmo's have and those are a lot. But your choice to not embrace skepticsm
    ― Anthony Hopkins

It has raiding, PVP, open world bosses, heroic dungeons, etc. Thats about all the endgame content in WoW. Plus they did say they were also going to add something new to endgame, which hasn't been said much yet.

All the other details like how big are the raid sizes, how many raids at release, etc are something you don't get until close to release.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things can change before release.

I'm still super excited for SWTOR, but there has already been one big letdown for me. That was the exclusion of companions in FP's. The pushed the uniqueness so much at first, they said no more having to wait for groups, you're companions can augment your team. Short a healer or a tank? No problem, your companion can fill that role. Now they're saying, 'Nope, no companions in FP's, programming AI is too difficult'. While I understand that, you shouldn't announce something you're not sure about.

Path of the titans, dance studio, fishing profession revamp anyone?

The most important thing in group content is player interaction. You don't want to take away from that by relying on NPCs instead of real players.

And they never announced companions in flashpoints. They have always said that they are testing things out int he beta, and things are subject to change.

Deleted
    Awesome post! Can't wait to play this game looks really cool

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Looks good... But very plastic'ish?
    And does all sith look like Darth Vader minus the helmet?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did announce companions in FP's initially, that was one of their 'trinity breakers' at the time.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=276560&page=2

even then, plasticy is a step up from papery =P The armor actually looks like its separate from the character. Most MMOs today, the armor looks like its glued to the characters skin.