10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post

I don't see very much contrasting colors, nor the environments looking better than the character models. And obviously some armor will contrast from the environment. No game in the world has matching armor for every occasion, unless they are very bland.
    I knew you'ld post that picture again

I think the graphics look fine tbh, not really any complaints.

I like those as well. I'm just saying most of them I've noticed a contrast, especially in the videos.

Just out of curiosity, what's with that dude's spike on his shoulders?

10+ Year Old Account
    [URL=http://imgur.com/9SGBx]PICTURE
    PICTURE
    PICTURE
    I don't see very much contrasting colors, nor the environments looking better than the character models. And obviously some armor will contrast from the environment. No game in the world has matching armor for every occasion, unless they are very bland.
    Those are exactly what I'm talking about, it's not that the armors stick out from the environments, it's like the character models and the environments aren't being hit by the same light.

Minus the obvious glow from the sabers.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-05-12 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Its part of the armor. He wants to look more of a badass. He is a Sith after all.

There are different light sources I suppose.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 03:22 PM ----------

Its part of the armor. He wants to look more of a badass. He is a Sith after all.
    He should be able put the heads of the people he kills on those spikes. That might smell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Those are exactly what I'm talking about, it's not that the armors stick out from the environments, it's like the character models and the environments aren't being hit by the same light.
    Not sure what you are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really notice anything gamebreaking, the second screenshot has a major bug on the shadows of the charactors though, they just ... end

Things like that get made at the very end of the development cycle lol.

Deleted
    New picture from Facebook:
    wot wot wot! sith inquisitor (assassin spec)! =D
    we'll be getting the new vid of in Tomorrow, I can already see^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you are saying.
    Alright, what I'm trying to say is that the character models seem to be receiving the same amount of light from the environment no matter where they are.

A model that's in a poorly lit tomb or sewer will look just as bright and vivid as if they were in a barren desert during high noon.

Shading is the word I'm looking for I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Alright, what I'm trying to say is that the character models seem to be receiving the same amount of light from the environment no matter where they are.

A model that's in a poorly lit tomb or sewer will look just as bright and vivid as if they were in a barren desert during high noon.

Shading is the word I'm looking for I think.
    You wouldn't know from the screenshots I posted. The first pics that are in a tomb are humans. The third pic is a sith which is red. Ask Trollsbane how 1 character looks in different environments, hes in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows, light, dark corners, shading, etc, all reflect to your toon.

Look at your character from front and it's lot well, then rotate the camera in the back and it's shadowed. Then do a 180. Now the back is lot and the front is in the shadows.

I hear know what you mean, and the screen shots don't show it. But I am looking at it now ad it's definitely there. Environmental lighting does show and change depending on your position.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't know from the screenshots I posted. The first pics that are in a tomb are humans. The third pic is a sith which is red. Ask Trollsbane how 1 character looks in different environments, hes in the beta.
    It's not just the pictures you posted that I'm referring too, I'm also referring to the ones on the front page as well.

It's not exactly game breaking for me or anything, just something that I don't personally like.

Check the post above =)

After looking at the screenshots just posted, I noticed that the glow from the lightsaber actually reflects onto the character as well. It's something I never noticed before. It was pretty cool to see the red glow actually lighting up the Sith's face/chest/shoulder.

Hey troll you mind if i come and play swtor, i mean help you watch your friends house

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Trooper 1. Your a clone, you don't have a name! :P
    Except they aint clones......this is waaaaay before clone troopers

Yea as a trooper you start off as a member of an elite squad. Trollsbane could probably get more detailed on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clones. Every character that you play is a badass character with heart and story.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Hey troll you mind if i come and play swtor, i mean help you watch your friends house
    Only if you call me Trolls instead of Troll.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Hey couple noob questions here i just jumped on the SWTOR bandwagon a couple weeks ago, I know their will be your own ship to travel from planet to planet but will players get a planet based "mount" and any news if they would be different based on races (like wow) And also is the beta is closed or has it became public yet? Great post though great read very excited to try this game.

And finally how big is the MMO in relation to wow, is one planet a "zone" like in wow or one planet more like a Eastern Kingdoms with many sub zones, i read one planet has 8 zones but will they all have around this many or will some have only 1 or 2.
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-05-13 at 02:24 AM.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.