By the time I got to level 20, I had the opportunity to do at least 20 flashpoints.
    I have a really hard time swallowing that there were 20 flashpoints by level 20. I could see 20 flash points in the whole game, but 20 by level 20? I think it was a miscommunication, you could see based on some of his other answers he didn't always fully understand the question.

Yea, it's possible that he misinterpreted the question or even got mixed up what was an actual flashpoint or maybe some heroic quest was so epic it felt like a flashpoint lol.

But still if that was true 100% that is freaking awesome

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

10+ Year Old Account
    20 flash points huh? thats quite a lot for a launch.. cant remember the total number of low level instance WoW had
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I highly, highly, highly highly highly highly doubt that there are 20 playable flash points by the time you get to level 20.

If i remember correctly the flashpoints are faction specific (probably not all) so it can be possible that he played both factions and that's how much there was in total between the two factions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    [B]

I have a really hard time swallowing that there were 20 flashpoints by level 20. I could see 20 flash points in the whole game, but 20 by level 20? I think it was a miscommunication, you could see based on some of his other answers he didn't always fully understand the question.
    Maybe there are flashpoints with like one room and one boss in it, or something like that? Real short flashpoints or so.
    Allthough I also doubt 20 flashpoints by level 20. How many 5 man dungeons are in WoW 1-60, currently? Like 20-30?
    I always thought that was quite enough on the last char I leveld up before I left WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    That was a long ass Q&A, something that i like as it answered many questions i had on my mind . One of the questions surprised me a bit though:

That's alot of freaking flashpoints! I am gonna definitely enjoy clearing through them all with my buddies hehe. As far as the game goes, it seems like it's close to finishing with little amount of bugs encountered by the interviewee.

Edit: Then again the game is so massive he didn't test everything but from his impressions it's very polished
    He may have meant that he ran 20 flashpoints, not 20 different ones. He may have also mixed up instanced heroic areas with flashpoints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they meant they went to a grand total of 20.. like, running the same flashpoints over and over for a total of 20?

And like others were saying, maybe they thought their class quests, world quests or heroic quests were flashpoints and added those in the number?

I also thought it was kinda lame you can only run each flashpoint once per day Although, if there is going to be a large number of them like that persons says it wouldn't be so bad.. otherwise end-game might be kinda dull depending on what other end game content they add

EDIT: Stop reading my mind, Jalek !!
    Last edited by Kettu; 2011-06-17 at 06:46 AM.

He may have meant that he completed a total of 20 flashpoints, not necessarily 20 unique flashpoints.

Edit: sorry for reiterating didn't see those posts

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 06:50 AM ----------

Maybe the lowest difficulty level of flashpoints will be repeatable? And the others on 24-hour lockout.

Yea i know it could be that, but i don't see him saying that he completed a total of 20 when they asked how much flashpoints he knew of, which points to how much different flashpoints there were. He said they were in space, Korriban and all over the place. But yea i'm kinda doubtful myself as to that number, but since he stated he was an end-game raider in WoW, i would assume that he would know the difference between a flashpoint and a heroic group quest that can be mistaken for a flashpoint.

Anyways we'll all find out at release which could not come any sooner!

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt really know how many Flash points there are.. i dont think the question was accualy answered at E3 was it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are not 20 flashpoints by level 20. Lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    This game is gonna be soooo good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    hm so like Feralas, Silithus, AQ, Uldum,Un'goro, Tanaris? give or take a Feralas... when i was guessing the size of kalimdor i was counting from moonglade and going down the left side counting zones till i hit 8, probly not a good guessing way heh

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 03:05 AM ----------

hm ya true that you cant guess to much in it, but thank you for your input on area combines.. and double thank you on the blog link, nice read
    Why don't you make it easier and think of Northrend? Alderaan is the size of Northrend more or less. Some planets will be smaller of course but the big ones are more or less in the size of Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    Why don't you make it easier and think of Northrend? Alderaan is the size of Northrend more or less. Some planets will be smaller of course but the big ones are more or less in the size of Northrend.
    that can work =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about if you'll be able to make macros? A friend and I were having a discussion about the game and that came up, cant recall if anything has been said about it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    Macros and addons are not supported at launch. That doesn't mean ever, just not at launch. Also doesn't mean they will be added for sure.

However, the devs have said two things (and this addresses mouseover, as well):

1. They want the UI to be as customizable as possible. You can move a few things around already. I'd expect that to increase.
    2. They are looking at a number of alternative control methods, specifically mouseover casting, to include as options in the interface menu. Believe Gabe said this to a fan at the E3 Meet & Greet.

It's also worth mentioning that the game does keep detailed combat parses.
    That is so true what you just typed but keep in mind the new Razer keyboard and mouse for The Old Republic that are coming out with the game or in a little while after the launch

Both the mouse and the keyboard are designed for macros and were designed exclusively for TOR. You do the math :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    That is so true what you just typed but keep in mind the new Razer keyboard and mouse for The Old Republic that are coming out with the game or in a little while after the launch

Both the mouse and the keyboard are designed for macros and were designed exclusively for TOR. You do the math :P
    I can use my keyboard macros in pretty much every game that exists, that doesn't mean that the games have an ingame macro system. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing my naga will do the trick just fine =)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jira View Post
    I can use my keyboard macros in pretty much every game that exists, that doesn't mean that the games have an ingame macro system. =P
    Yes my friend but when they develop a specific keyboard and mouse that are created to work with MMO macros specifically and since said peripherals are developed for TOR one can guess that macros are in the big picture. Maybe not on launch and maybe so.