10+ Year Old Account
    wonder what is gunna go on for Fan friday
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    Yes my friend but when they develop a specific keyboard and mouse that are created to work with MMO macros specifically and since said peripherals are developed for TOR one can guess that macros are in the big picture. Maybe not on launch and maybe so.
    I don't think you realize the difference between keyboard macros and in-game macros.

In-game macros use the game's programming to perform certain actions [/use, /cast, /equip, etc] specified in the macro.

Device macros use the keyboard and its drivers to send certain input commands [alt+3, shift+F, 534222, etc] to the program.

The game needn't be set up to use in-game macros, which are what Kettu was likely asking about, in order to allow device macros to work. So TOR, even at launch, will not have in-game macros, but the Razer TOR device macro keys, with their drivers, will be able to issue macro'd input commands to TOR.

There are not 20 flashpoints by level 20. There is 1 flashpoint for empire and 1 flashpoint for republic before 20. He is thinking of heroic quest areas which are phased but not flashpoints. And yes some of them are quite difficult.The game is also not in a shippable state.. not quite yet. It is getting there and the game is far more polished then you would expect but there are still a few things left to be implemented and major bugs and class balances to fix.You also can draw in a conversation roll, the game then chooses one person randomly to win.The jedi knight apprentice is a female human.They have mentioned that open world pvp objectives are coming.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 03:05 AM ----------

sorry about wall of text, it will not let me change the formatting..
    Last edited by Xukis; 2011-06-17 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the other post about the Authenticator changes. is EA/Bioware gunna have something like that or nothing said yet?

and also i understand that they are checking more then IP with the change and i do like it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neohero9 View Post
    I don't think you realize the difference between keyboard macros and in-game macros.

In-game macros use the game's programming to perform certain actions [/use, /cast, /equip, etc] specified in the macro.

Device macros use the keyboard and its drivers to send certain input commands [alt+3, shift+F, 534222, etc] to the program.

The game needn't be set up to use in-game macros, which are what Kettu was likely asking about, in order to allow device macros to work. So TOR, even at launch, will not have in-game macros, but the Razer TOR device macro keys, with their drivers, will be able to issue macro'd input commands to TOR.
    That is too true my friend! Maybe I wasn't clear with my thoughts and how I wrote them down. Even if TOR lacks in-game macros at launch or forever, there are peripherals older and new ones developed to fill that gap of in-game macros as you adequately put it So it will make our lives easier.

Even without macros though, since we'll be able to attack every 1.5 seconds I believe it will be easy enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    so the other post about the Authenticator changes. is EA/Bioware gunna have something like that or nothing said yet?

and also i understand that they are checking more then IP with the change and i do like it
    Good question! I'm afraid nothing official written in stone has been released to the public yet. I heard somewhere some time ago that they are considering the Authenticator way or an ingame pad with changing number's positions so that it's hard for some bot to replicate the correct code. Don't take my word for what we'll get though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    That is too true my friend! Maybe I wasn't clear with my thoughts and how I wrote them down. Even if TOR lacks in-game macros at launch or forever, there are peripherals older and new ones developed to fill that gap of in-game macros as you adequately put it So it will make our lives easier.

Even without macros though, since we'll be able to attack every 1.5 seconds I believe it will be easy enough as it is.

Good question! I'm afraid nothing official written in stone has been released to the public yet. I heard somewhere some time ago that they are considering the Authenticator way or an ingame pad with changing number's positions so that it's hard for some bot to replicate the correct code. Don't take my word for what we'll get though.
    i guess just gunna have to wait a see but i kinda hope for that or the ingame pad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    There is no way in hell I'd skip out on even a single quest
    fixed for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jira View Post
    I can use my keyboard macros in pretty much every game that exists, that doesn't mean that the games have an ingame macro system. =P
    that doesnt mean its legal either so watch out
    Some ToS are against keyboard/mouse macro.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-06-17 at 11:19 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    that doesnt mean its legal either so watch out
    Some ToS are against keyboard/mouse macro.
    That's why I said pretty much every game that exists

10+ Year Old Account
    well im heading off to bed.. then work, hopefully something come up within a 12 hour span

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm on my way to work. Haven't caught up on all the past 2 pages. It's be talked about but here is the new Q&A: http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...tester_17.html.

I'll read it when I should be working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Well, I'm on my way to work. Haven't caught up on all the past 2 pages. It's be talked about but here is the new Q&A: http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...tester_17.html.

I just read it, good stuff.

The game feels pretty much done. If anything they are just working on their server infrastructure. There aren’t really any game breaking bugs, and it could ship right now. They are doing another stress test at the end of the month, so that may be what John Riccitiello meant by increased testing.
    Interesting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post

Lots of nice information in it.

Lots of Lightsaber upgrades. <3
    Q. Can you shed any light on the lightsaber upgrade/crafting system? How components and crystals work?
    A. Basically, you get a lightsaber and it has slots that are called item modifications. I have run into five different types:

1. Power Crystal
    2. Focus Lens
    3. Color Crystal
    4. Hilt
    5. Emitter Matrix

Also that's alot of profession to choose from.

Q. The official website shows us a few of the current professions. Could you tell us about the unknown professions? And what abilities they have in short terms?
    A. Gathering
    Scavenging
    Archaeology
    Slicing
    Bioanalysis
    Crafting
    Artifice
    Armstech
    Armormech
    Cybertech
    Synthweaving
    Biochem
    Missions
    Diplomacy
    Investigation
    Treasure Hunting
    Underworld Trading
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-06-17 at 12:05 PM.

Anyone rolling a healer class as a main?

<---SI Sorc (corruption)

Underworld Trading, sounds cool :O

10+ Year Old Account
    hm still nothing new atm.. and missed a Q and A with Darth Hater at 8PM central time yesterday Bleh http://darthhater.com/2011/06/13/liv...rsday-june-16/
    well i got up to get some water and back to bed for me, the sun burns me XP then off to work in like 3 more hours XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Underworld Trading, sounds cool :O
    Yeah I have to say I'm impressed about what we know so far, especially the professions.

15+ Year Old Account
    No Togruda (Shaak Ti / Ahsoka like chars) this is disappointing but the game still rulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    there are some creatures in the Starwars universe that can't be cut by light sabers , i know some people don't consider the Clonewars off cartoonnetwork as Starwars Lore but in an episode a creature in there could not be cut by light sabers, forgot what its called, and im to tired to go look it up XD
    Not sure if it's been stated, but there are quite a few things that can't be cut by a lightsaber. Just as there are creatures that a lightsaber is pretty ineffective. Consider a lightsaber versus a sarlacc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Not sure if it's been stated, but there are quite a few things that can't be cut by a lightsaber. Just as there are creatures that a lightsaber is pretty ineffective. Consider a lightsaber versus a sarlacc.
    nah it wasn't post got forgotten really heh, i accualy went to look it up and it was on Starwars Wiki
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zillo_Beast

but material that can't be cut or are resistant to lightsabers

Cortosis, Phrik, Darkswords, Armorweave, Sith alchemy, Mandalorian iron, Force Weapon, Vong technology/armor, Water ( Body of water, not rain)
    other stuff would be energy shields, ultrachrome, Quantum-crystalline armor, Tikulini worms,

yes i Copy and pasted everything right down the list, im tired and probably some people wouldn't manually go look, ether way, there is so much of stuff people can have made into armor that can be made resistant to lightsabers yes peoples joints and stuff could be vulnerable but atm just trying to think of something that you can think be in gameplay that allowed more then one lightsaber swing heh