Anyone know if there is going to be Sarlaccs in the game?

Deleted
    A guy in one of the videos said there will be, and you can throw people in it apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed that the class "pairing" for each faction appears to be done in a direct, predictable way. The two jedi classes and their respective advanced classes seem to match with the two sith. The bounty hunter seems to be paired with the trooper, and the smuggler with the imperial agent.

In my view it could've been more interesting if they'd mixed it up a bit - a jedi advanced class linking with an imperial agent's advanced class or something. After all, the skills they possess have different names and animations, so it wouldn't have been too hard to match them up - in the end it's just numbers. It would've also made the pairing system seem less obvious.

Oh well. BioWare seem to have missed a trick in not hiring me.
    I think the pairing is neaded because the classes are faction specific. A sense of symetry for both sides. Remember when Shaman and Paladins were faction specific? Balance was a nightmare so it's just easier for them to be similar. They still seem plenty different though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I think the pairing is neaded because the classes are faction specific. A sense of symetry for both sides. Remember when Shaman and Paladins were faction specific? Balance was a nightmare so it's just easier for them to be similar. They still seem plenty different though.
    This. Exactly this.

Screenshot is a couple years old though. It's probably different looking for sure judging by how they changed the two cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll add tentacles and a beak or keep it authentic? I really don't want it to be too plain though.

Awesome, looking forward to pushing my friends into it

10+ Year Old Account
    can't wait to play the sith assassin, it just screams enhancement shaman to me

minus the stealthing
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Is tehre any info on how character creation will be?
    I mean, it's like wow with pre-def faces, hair, etc, or is more like the sims? Somebody probably already answered this, but hell, no way im looking through 300 pages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Is tehre any info on how character creation will be?
    I mean, it's like wow with pre-def faces, hair, etc, or is more like the sims? Somebody probably already answered this, but hell, no way im looking through 300 pages
    http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...rattataki.html

this was linked twice, the first one i lost track up but it was posted again a few pages back

Another question. How is the currency system?
    Is it like Wow, where someone with say... 50k is rich, or is it like ragnarok, where we talk about billions of zeny (the game currency)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Another question. How is the currency system?
    Is it like Wow, where someone with say... 50k is rich, or is it like ragnarok, where we talk about billions of zeny (the game currency)
    i forgot how much it was said.. but i think it was said that 27K credits buys your first mount

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 08:53 PM ----------

maybe 17K..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...rattataki.html

this was linked twice, the first one i lost track up but it was posted again a few pages back
    Il add that Rattattaki dont have hair so thats why we dont see it in those screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i forgot how much it was said.. but i think it was said that 27K credits buys your first mount

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 08:53 PM ----------

maybe 17K..
    it was 40k for the first mount in one of the Q&A with testers.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-06-18 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it possible for me to get an awesome Bounty Hunter sig like all the other star wars sigs i've been seeing on other peoples profiles?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    So is it possible for me to get an awesome Bounty Hunter sig like all the other star wars sigs i've been seeing on other peoples profiles?
    We got them off here but you'll have to edit it to fit in the limits.

http://www.enjin.com/swtor-signature-generator

http://www.gimp.org/ <===== For editing your sig

Two tutorials have been posted on that in the last few pages.... read before posting, please.

Photoshop tutorial: http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthre...1#post11950151
    GIMP (freeware) tutorial: http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=11951040#post11951040

*edit*
    The link to the Photoshop tutorial seems to be linking to the wrong page (277), that tutorial is on page 276.
    Poopie forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I think "Roids" is the term your looking for here. Acid would make itself delusional and it'd look like crap.
    Actually in Star Wars universe we use term "spice"

Stop chewing on that spice.

Lay off that spice !

Shutta! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to a buddy of mine who is in the beta. I told him to tell me all the negative things he can think of. Surprisingly it was nothing major:

Only a couple of things...

It is not obvious at first that the world map shows quest objectives... it is a beta... I forgive it

It is not obvious how to use the lfg system... it is a beta... I forgive it.

Quest items with on use have to be used from inventory or dragged to the action bar... unlike wow which includes a link to the item in the quest tracking. This is my only beef so far, and a minor one since quest items have their own inventory space which rocks.

It is not obvious how to use your companions, but this is a beta, I forgive it.

It is not obvious how to get and use skills... it is a beta...

What are the GOOD things he said?