10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    What are the GOOD things he said?
    LOL how much time you got brah? j/k with you, but I'm sure there is quite a bit of good things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    What are the GOOD things he said?
    I didn't ask. I mean he mentioned a couple things that I already knew. And I've heard as many positive things as I think I can hear (until we hear about endgame PvE and PvP). So, I asked for a truly unbiased "negative things" review. And that's all he could think of in the short time he's been playing it.

Well i'm definetly ready for this game. my family just gave me a 40" widescreen 1080p tv and i'm using it as a montior now lol. must watch the 3 trailers NOOOOWWW

Didn't check to see if this was already discussed but...

I know it would be weird and there would be problems with it but wouldn't it be cool if the classes could learn had some sort of leap, like force jump or thrusters

Quote Originally Posted by Qx15 View Post
    Didn't check to see if this was already discussed but...

I know it would be weird and there would be problems with it but wouldn't it be cool if the classes could learn had some sort of leap, like force jump or thrusters
    Most of the melee classes seem to have a skill precisely like this, actually, just from watching the class vids/short gameplay bits we got.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qx15 View Post
    they do have. Force jump for warrior/knight and I've seen BH having a rope to bring people to them (like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat) as well as having a rocket jump/punch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Then again, some people pull a Judge Dredd: They drag you down while yelling THE LAW, then shoot you in the face.
    That movie was so bad it was awesome.
    <3 that movie. I AM THE LAW!

Btw, i know Moaradin posted a do it yourselfer to making your ToR sig legal, but i was wondering if i could get some assitance, as i am a total noob on doing that kind of image altering D: :P I will pay handsomly in any fashion you choose if anyone can help me <3 lol
    Last edited by thenextaverageguy; 2011-06-19 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I was talking to a buddy of mine who is in the beta. I told him to tell me all the negative things he can think of. Surprisingly it was nothing major:

Only a couple of things...

It is not obvious at first that the world map shows quest objectives... it is a beta... I forgive it

It is not obvious how to use the lfg system... it is a beta... I forgive it.

Quest items with on use have to be used from inventory or dragged to the action bar... unlike wow which includes a link to the item in the quest tracking. This is my only beef so far, and a minor one since quest items have their own inventory space which rocks.

It is not obvious how to use your companions, but this is a beta, I forgive it.

It is not obvious how to get and use skills... it is a beta...
    Seriously, if those are the only problems hes had with this game, then it is going to be effing amazing.

I cannot wait. I have been playing KoTOR2 again... seeing as my Xbox is down and I don't have KoTOR1 for the PC>

Anyone know when EA next issues earnings guidance? EA gave us a reasonable window (Sept-Oct) during the last one, and I figure they'll be more specific next time. In six weeks, we should have some real clarity about the release date (if not sooner).
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to a buddy of mine who is in the beta. I told him to tell me all the negative things he can think of. Surprisingly it was nothing major:

Only a couple of things...

It is not obvious at first that the world map shows quest objectives... it is a beta... I forgive it

It is not obvious how to use the lfg system... it is a beta... I forgive it.

Quest items with on use have to be used from inventory or dragged to the action bar... unlike wow which includes a link to the item in the quest tracking. This is my only beef so far, and a minor one since quest items have their own inventory space which rocks.

It is not obvious how to use your companions, but this is a beta, I forgive it.

It is not obvious how to get and use skills... it is a beta...
    thats pretty nice thats all your friend can think of, and i hope thats all that can be found bad about it heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    just like wow before? lol
    you guys are lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO players are notoriously lazy. They'll do the easiest thing even if it's the most boring. (as stated by a TOR developer(forgot who))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    MMO players are notoriously lazy. They'll do the easiest thing even if it's the most boring. (as stated by a TOR developer(forgot who))
    yes i can see that, but im the patient type and will work on hard stuff anyway heh

Ok, so this has been in the back of my mind since the term "Shared Trees" was introduced.

After looking at the Advanced Classes Blog AND the newer webpage and going over every single Advanced Class and Tree (even if I'm already dead set on Inquisitor) I've stumbled upon a small problem.

And I want feedback from Trollsbane or any other beta/E3 player, without breaking the NDA of course, so feel free to be EXTREMELY vague at my expense; here's my question:

What exactly is at the end of the shared trees? The 21/31/41(?) point talent that is...

Is it something that is just useful for that specific tree or is it really a tree (and talent thereof) that can actually benefit ALL specs and advance classes.

For example: the Sith Inquisitor can be a melee dps, tank,ranged dps or healer but ALL of these roles could be (theoretically speaking) augmented by the "Madness" tree. So I guess my real question is, how is that possible? What is UP there that can be useful for all specs, or is it a tree that just has a lot of different talents and the endpoint is something more "utility based?"

It's killing me not to see talent trees :<

Anyone with ANY information, no matter how vague, would be appreciated.
    "And all y'all will git me one hundred Jedi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Jedi."

Quote Originally Posted by Abutali View Post
    Ok, so this has been in the back of my mind since the term "Shared Trees" was introduced.

After looking at the Advanced Classes Blog AND the newer webpage and going over every single Advanced Class and Tree (even if I'm already dead set on Inquisitor) I've stumbled upon a small problem.

And I want feedback from Trollsbane or any other beta/E3 player, without breaking the NDA of course, so feel free to be EXTREMELY vague at my expense; here's my question:

What exactly is at the end of the shared trees? The 21/31/41(?) point talent that is...

Is it something that is just useful for that specific tree or is it really a tree (and talent thereof) that can actually benefit ALL specs and advance classes.

For example: the Sith Inquisitor can be a melee dps, tank,ranged dps or healer but ALL of these roles could be (theoretically speaking) augmented by the "Madness" tree. So I guess my real question is, how is that possible? What is UP there that can be useful for all specs, or is it a tree that just has a lot of different talents and the endpoint is something more "utility based?"

If you watch the developer walkthrough with Daniel Erickson, he brings up the talent trees for a quick moment. Each Advanced Class has 3 seperate trees, the 2 Advanced specifics, and the third shared one. What the 3rd shared really does for you, well, that's what we'll see when we get ahold of the trees for ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abutali View Post

wish i could help ya with the question, my research only goes so far, i don't even know how the leveling system works, like if you get smaller different talent points to drop into the other trees or something but not go to far, or even how many talent points you get

but i do believe that if two different advanced classes go down the same talent path, like being all down the madness as a sith inquisitor, the playstyle would still be different, course thats just what i believe

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    If you watch the developer walkthrough with Daniel Erickson, he brings up the talent trees for a quick moment. Each Advanced Class has 3 seperate trees, the 2 Advanced specifics, and the third shared one. What the 3rd shared really does for you, well, that's what we'll see when we get ahold of the trees for ourselves.
    need to go looking for that video

All I know is, I read on the Advance Classes blog itself that the "Madness" is a "melee/caster hybrid," I'm just wondering how it augments the different roles and what REALLY piques my interest is: what is at the top of the tree?

Cuz surely they would want people to put points all the way to the top (like most MMOs do).

Edit: Seen the video in question, I was trying to get a vague answer from the people who have "seen" the top.

:x
    "And all y'all will git me one hundred Jedi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Jedi."

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Field: Does damage in an area and absorbs health from up to 3 targets within 8 meters. I don't know what level it is but it definately seems useful for all specs.
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2011-06-19 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Death Field: Does damage in an area and absorbs health from up to 3 targets within 8 meters. I don't know what level it is but it definately seems useful for all specs.
    So basically the Madness end talent looks to be the ability we see at the end of the Inquisitor class video. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    they do have. Force jump for warrior/knight and I've seen BH having a rope to bring people to them (like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat) as well as having a rocket jump/punch
    I meant more along the lines of a movement ability, not an in combat/charge ability.