10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    You can screw NPCs, not romance them as what you are thinking. That is for companions.
    Kinky, very very kinky. Lol

"BioWare!!!! Tell us about your game!"
    "Ok, here's what we are looking at..."
    "OMG! More please!!!!"
    "Ok, how about this too then."
    "More!!!!!"
    "Ok, here's some more things we are looking at doing."
    "MORE!!!!"
    "Ok, we'll continue to keep giving you info."
    "MOAR!"
    "Here's some really cool stuff for you. Enjoy"
    "OMG. MOAR NAO!"
    "Ok, here's what else we have."
    "Fuck you! MORE NOW!"
    "Ok, how about this?"
    "NO! I want to know about that!"
    "Ummm, we aren't finished with that. Sorry. Here's this instead."
    "Fuck you BioWare! I want that!"
    "Um, no. Here's this though."
    "RAGE! Quit stringing me along and give me what I'm entitled to know!"
    "..."
    "FUCK YOU BIOWARE! GIVE IT!"
    "..."
    "I followed you for years, you make me sick BioWare. You don't give me this and expect me to stay excited. You're stupid!"
    "... Here's this then."
    "WOW!!!! Give me more!"
    "..."
    "MOAR NAO ASSHOLE!"

Can you not see what's wrong with this.
    Anyhow, I'm tired of this stupid fucking whining. Grow up people. This isn't bioWare stringing us along with promises. This is fan-made heat and carrots. This isn't them half-assing, this is us being unreasonable. They give us what they want to. And I'm glad they do.
    I'm not really worried about what you feel like on a personal level or if it's whining or not. Can you not see whats wrong with the way things have been handled?

I throughly enjoy Starwars and the game is looking great. However, the crowd is fickle and thats what drives the PR machine. It's a fine line to be sure and yet once you go to far the wrong way. It's quite difficult to recover.
    The mob mentality that you see will only get worse as we actually get closer to an possible release date and imagine if we hear in August or October that the game is now Q1 of 2012. Thats a push in the wrong direction that I don't think this SWTOR crowd is ready to here.

I'll drop back to my post above and just say. Sometimes it's best to just not say anything instead of building the crowd p and up and up. Sometimes it doesn't always work out for the better playing with public relations that way. Surely you can see that?

EDIT: Where is that comic from? Those are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    I just remembered why star wars is the single-greatest thing ever invented by man:

Holy mother of god....thats some crazy scary stuff XD O_O UTINNI!!!!!!! rap! jesus tap dancing christ! they need to play this in ToR *drools* o_o

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    if u think those are funny check these out

Sorry for quoting so much, still catching up, thats pretty damn awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    Kinky, very very kinky. Lol
    I believe that you must have a character with a strong beard in order to romance the local populace. Sex Panther helps as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not really worried about what you feel like on a personal level or if it's whining or not. Can you not see whats wrong with the way things have been handled?

I throughly enjoy Starwars and the game is looking great. However, the crowd is fickle and thats what drives the PR machine. It's a fine line to be sure and yet once you go to far the wrong way. It's quite difficult to recover.
    The mob mentality that you see will only get worse as we actually get closer to an possible release date and imagine if we hear in August or October that the game is now Q1 of 2012. Thats a push in the wrong direction that I don't think this SWTOR crowd is ready to here.

I'll drop back to my post above and just say. Sometimes it's best to just not say anything instead of building the crowd p and up and up. Sometimes it doesn't always work out for the better playing with public relations that way. Surely you can see that?

EDIT: Where is that comic from? Those are great.
    The thing with this is, they haven't ever given us unreasonable expectations. This isn't even the longest hyped release I've ever seen. The fans are just working THEMSELVES into a frenzy, through no fault of BioWare's.

At no point do I feel BioWare gave us any indication that this was going to be a quick release. Hell, everything on the site for as long as I've followed it points to a slow build-up.

BioWare makes games right, not quick. If the fans work themselves into a frenzy over a teaser trailer, that is in no way their fault. Hell, it really started before Deceived was even released, when rumors of a BioWare MMO set in the SW universe started cropping up on the internet.

You can't blame BioWare for the hype surrounding this game, it existed before they even showed us the first teaser.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, i can't see that point of view. There is nothing at all that BioWare is promising us. There is nothing they are doing except sharing the development process with us. There is nothing they are going the wrong way with, because they never said they were going to go a certain way.

WE, the fans, make shit up and fabricate the reality. We say they are breaking promises. We say they are countering thhings they've said. We say their PR sucks.

They haven't even really started PR yet. Wait till a release date is announced. We'll be bombarded.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

They haven't even really started PR yet. Wait till a release date is announced. We'll be bombarded.
    Yup, and this thread will have over 9000 posts then it's gonna turn into madness.

Btw that Miranda pic, she's so hot! lol

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

omg, thought it would never happen, but I finally caught up.

Long time lurker (through sporadic reading of this post) but its about time I join it. I'll do what I can to contribute, but I typically am more of a sponge for information rather then supplying it. Awesome post Trolls and thank you for keeping it up to date with tasty bits of info.

Also, I tend to have... um a bad habit of jumping on Trolls (the other kind, not the OP) and ripping their heads off. I'll do my best to keep myself in check for keeping the quality and integrity of the thread. If I do go off on one of my rants, just bonk me and I'll quiet down again.

Currently my biggest issue with this game though is... Jedi Sentinel or Smuggler Gunslinger? Can't decide! Leaning towards Gunslinger just simply cause smugglers are freakin sweet and I really really don't want to be one of the millions of players flooding the Jedi classes (or force classes for that matter) but considering the game isn't really at the point of predicting the popular classes, this may be a false fear. But a Jedi is very appealing. If nothing else then even just the starting zone....

gah, even after deciding on one or the other, thinking about it later often causes me to debate back and forth again. I do play a rogue currently in WoW and a Sentinel would probably be the most familiar, but there isn't anything wrong with switching things up, and all my friends starting up this game with me are going different flavors of Jedi.

>< ... This decision probably wont be made till I'm in the character creation screen.
    Last edited by Cel; 2011-07-01 at 12:18 AM.

Actually, i can't see that point of view. There is nothing at all that BioWare is promising us. There is nothing they are doing except sharing the development process with us. There is nothing they are going the wrong way with, because they never said they were going to go a certain way.

WE, the fans, make shit up and fabricate the reality. We say they are breaking promises. We say they are countering thhings they've said. We say their PR sucks.

The Pr for this machine started with the first released piece of info way WAY to early.

I won't deny there are some fans that make crap up. So very true, but I consider the way the crowd feels now to a cause and effect situation. A majority of things that has happened from the first released piece of info to now from the fans was in some way caused by BW. The fan hype, the overzealous gamers, the small tidbits of info released to the larger convention releases. They wipe the crowd into a frenzy and then complain when the frenzy turns against them. BW started the PR machine and now it cannot stop it.

Once you get the hype machine running. There is no controlling it and you cannot decided to turn around and slack on feeding it as it will eventually turn on you as you can seeing. It' starting to happen on more and more threads and posts. I see it everyday.

Case in point: Last weeks Friday update. Nothing but a repeat of what fans have seen. BW has built fans up on those Friday updates and "meat" is expected. Otherwise whats the point of having a friday update. That video could have been put on the site another time to get the small number of fans that are not there already. I don't think it was a good move and in turn it caused a slight backlash.

What I'm getting at is the PR hype for the game is huge and I think BW is getting close to screwing it up. If their not careful the crowd can turn bad. Especially as the speculated release window gets shorter and shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    Yup, and this thread will have over 9000 posts then it's gonna turn into madness.

Btw that Miranda pic, she's so hot! lol
    If you romance anyone other than Tali, you have no soul.

<3 Tali.

Case in point: Last weeks Friday update. Nothing but a repeat of what fans have seen. BW has built fans up on those Friday updates and "meat" is expected. Otherwise whats the point of having a friday update. That video could have been put on the site another time to get the small number of fans that are not there already. I don't think it was a good move and in turn it caused a slight backlash.
    I wasn't aware it was stated that fan friday was supposed to be new info every week. Was that stated somewhere?

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    If you romance anyone other than Tali, you have no soul.

<3 Tali.
    But then I'd be cheating on Liara ._.

Seriously dunno why your people are whining about friday updates tell me one game company that has released weekly updates about a game in dev and did so better then Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I wasn't aware it was stated that fan friday was supposed to be new info every week. Was that stated somewhere?
    No it's not stated anywhere but thats my point. The fan crowd, after being hyped up for so long will not easily be calmed back down. The hype coming out of E3 was so staggering, you could feel the buzz about this game everywhere. Then the Friday repeat sent fans spinning out of control.

How could they not see that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post
    Seriously dunno why your people are whining about friday updates tell me one game company that has released weekly updates about a game in dev and did so better then Bioware.

No other company that I know of but I think that was Biowares downfall with PR. Other companies don't do that for a reason.

I think we're overdue to see the final Class video, I know the Counselor boards really want their video. But hey, I'm good with a Smuggler armor preview if that is indeed what's coming tomorrow, they're definitely the class I'm most looking forward towards.

Also, can someone link the location of those comics from last page or send me a PM? I can see they're affiliated with Darth Hater but I scanned their site and did a quick google search and didn't see the comics, so if there are any more could someone help me find them?

I found them at darthhater. There pretty damn cool.

Here

http://darthhater.com/comics/pro-tips.

15+ Year Old Account
    i didn't read the entire thread for obvious reasons of it being over 350 pages long but i found this information from a website i normally check out, might be of interest to everyone here, it's not a huge chunk of info but regardless it's intriguing

http://games.on.net/article/13018/20...Claims_EA_Boss

check it out
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Im not sure if I agree with the above point Quras made either. For a company as successful as BW, working on their first MMO, specially under the EA name, how long do you think they could actually keep all this info a secret? (I mean we already have plenty of people leaking info left and right despite BW's policing) Plus, from what I have seen of BW over the years, they are much like the old Blizzard model, the game is not out till its ready. Something Blizzard is suffering from IMO since they sorta dropped that standard. Of course its going to be hard to manage all the hype when the game's release date is completely controlled by the finished product. Its either deal with this, or not release anything at all until very very close to the release date.

It is certainly up to BW on how they control the hype (and who is to say exactly how it should be controlled, humans are unreasonable by nature), but I think you are wrong about them starting up the hype. Personally, I rather them release little bits of information when they are ready to, and release the game when its finished rather then bend to the expectation of their followers. I have seen in so many cases where a game company just starts catering to their player base only to destroy all the fun in said game. I hope I am not the minority in this view point simply because of that reason. Listening to your player base and getting ideas and making decisions from it is a good thing, of course. But they should still be Bioware interpretations and creations and not just generic player based ideas thrown into the game... Like certain gaming companies are now doing.

I say let the company do as they will. Control your own lust, and let the game speak for itself when it hits the shelves. People bitching about how a successful business is run I just can't understand. I mean it'd be one thing if you were in the same business and had personal insights. But as a fan just demanding more, or a specific thing, just makes no sense. Its impossible to please 1 million plus people. We all have our unique desires and all Bioware can really do in this case is work off of what experiences they have had in the past and what they believe works best.

There's a reason why most of us don't create games. Its because most of us don't have the experience or knowledge on how to do it. Pretty crazy when companies just start bending to the will of their users for the all mighty dollar at the cost of a entertaining and fun experience.

*edited to make sense... <_<*
    Last edited by Cel; 2011-07-01 at 01:25 AM.

What I'm getting at is the PR hype for the game is huge and I think BW is getting close to screwing it up. If their not careful the crowd can turn bad. Especially as the speculated release window gets shorter and shorter.
    Case in point: The Devs had TOLD people what the Friday update was going to be long before it came around. They said it would be the recap video, they said not to get too excited since they had just given out so much new info at E3. Just because people are idiots and didn't listen does not mean Bioware is managing its PR poorly.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is as the the game gets closer to release, the community is resembling the WoW official boards more and more. The actual subscription numbers are not super large for them to turn a tidy profit, and if they do turn some of the crowd away, it might be for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not stated anywhere but thats my point. The fan crowd, after being hyped up for so long will not easily be calmed back down. The hype coming out of E3 was so staggering, you could feel the buzz about this game everywhere. Then the Friday repeat sent fans spinning out of control.
    Stephen Reid (Rockjaw) promises on his twitter tomorrow's info will be new.. so do not worry we will all have something to fap too tomorrow!