Needs to be alot more details about how this will work.

If its a smart system, that looks at if you are wearing a piece and decides not to give you another one of those pieces and someone else gets an epic piece that is great.

What it sounds like is, everyone gets a bag and depending on the boss loot table you have a chance to get 1 of the ~3 drops that you can use. As long as the items are tradeable within raid it could be ok but if not issues of double loot, people playing offspecs, ect.

Not to mention gearing will be so incredibly fast that content will be ripped through at an incredible rate.

I can adapt to the loot being that way but I would still prefer the mystery and excitement of "WONDER IF MY SHIT WILL DROP!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Not to mention gearing will be so incredibly fast that content will be ripped through at an incredible rate.
    As I mentioned on the previous page, with the current system, if this bag includes upgrade-slot stuff as well as new items, each player is looking at some 50 items they'll need. This isn't the "10 items and you're done" system of WoW.

Personally, I still prefer points/tokens-only systems, let me decide what item I want and let me get it when I want to get it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn proxy! It ate my post!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a disappointing last 10 pages or so. Between the Biscuit's EA rant and people fighting with him, and people complaining about a LEVEL NINE flashpoint's difficulty level, this thread is starting to piss me off, truth be told. Too many of you are trying to scientific critics. I'd hate to see how much a douche you are in real life. Enjoy the game because it's fun. If you treat something like a bitch, it's going to be a bitch.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    What a disappointing last 10 pages or so. Between the Biscuit's EA rant and people fighting with him, and people complaining about a LEVEL NINE flashpoint's difficulty level, this thread is starting to piss me off, truth be told. Too many of you are trying to scientific critics. I'd hate to see how much a douche you are in real life. Enjoy the game because it's fun. If you treat something like a bitch, it's going to be a bitch.
    Mmm, you know we're been pretty evenly discussed new Betacake stuff and this announcement of a random loot bag too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Needs to be alot more details about how this will work.

If its a smart system, that looks at if you are wearing a piece and decides not to give you another one of those pieces and someone else gets an epic piece that is great.

What it sounds like is, everyone gets a bag and depending on the boss loot table you have a chance to get 1 of the ~3 drops that you can use. As long as the items are tradeable within raid it could be ok but if not issues of double loot, people playing offspecs, ect.

While I think it would be faster than WOW. I don't think it would hurt the game overall. You would still have a fairly high chance of not getting anything but say mats, item enhancements, a recipe or some other minor item. There would still be that chance you get no epics so to speak.

If that system is in place I would think gear would me monumentally faster than any other game. Maybe just a little more specific when something actually drops and thats a good thing in my book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Sadly this is what happens during the information lulls. Hopefully tomorrow brings us something new and exciting and not an SDCC recap unless it contains more information on the stuff they mentioned. That would be sweet. Any news on when that new Beta client will be up and running?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine raiding for gems and enchants instead of making them. Gearing up would take quite a bit longer in that case. Not sure how accurate but it seems like the closest analog for this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the replay value of the content is based on not only gear but enchants or "upgrades" to your gear, do you think the gear look will change? Would suck to run a Operation over and over for item enhancements that never change your characters appearance.

Justin, can you post the full pic your sig is of again? I don't feel like going back and looking for it. =)

The loot system seems kind of cool, although the details we have now ARE pretty vague. I'm not sure if the bags are a cross between WoW's "Tank/heal a random heroic" bags that occasionally include flasks/gold/etc and just boss drops/gold or what. I have to say I'm a little apprehensive, just because I have no idea how the drop rates will be. Will it do a /roll for everyone, and if you get over an 80 (random numbers here and all of this would be behind the scenes anyway) you get loot, and it's not limited by a certain number per boss? Or will it drop x items guaranteed, and do a /roll behind the scenes and the top 2 players will end up with gear in their bags based on that? Or possibly something completely different, I dunno. I think TOR is taking what a lot of MMO's do well and copy that, while going off in a lot of unique ways on other things which is great, but how loot functions is something I'd be wary of changing. I have faith in BW though, I'm sure they'll test the hell out of it before it goes live.

Hope I managed to articulate that somewhat legibly. =)

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Justin, can you post the full pic your sig is of again? I don't feel like going back and looking for it. =)

It's from some picture i saw on yahoo news that I did a quick Photoshop to. Thought it seemed pretty booshwah and utterly sophisticated. Both of which are words I use to describe the champagne room to myself now and again.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-07-28 at 06:56 PM.

So much win, I wish I wasn't completely fail at photoshop. =)

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    So much win, I wish I wasn't completely fail at photoshop. =)
    LOL, thanks. Been at it since high school, still nowhere near great at it.

Deleted
    Can someone that speaks german translate this?

Bei PvP-Gefechten kommen die Gefhrten nicht zum Einsatz zumindest nicht in den Warzones, den PvP-Instanzen von The Old Republic. Darin kmpfen Spielerteams der beiden Fraktionen gegeneinander, Republik gegen Imperium. Die Modi orientieren sich am klassischen Multiplayer-Repertoire, beispielsweise erobern die Spieler Kontrollpunkte, auch Capture the Flag-Varianten drfte es geben. In den bislang prsentierten Arenen bekmpften sich meist Viereroder Achterteams. Obs auch PvP-Groschlachten mit Dutzenden Mitstreitern gibt, lsst Georg Zoeller offen: Wir experimentieren derzeit mit den Spielerzahlen. Darber hinaus plant Bioware eine Warzone, in der auch Spieler derselben Fraktion gegeneinander antreten knnen als Notoption, falls sich nicht gengend Feinde finden.

Auch in der offenen Welt wird es zu PvP-Gefechten kommen, die laut Zoeller sogar Missionsziele bieten: Es wird auf den Planeten spezielle PvP-Aufgaben geben. Denkbar ist beispielsweise, dass die Fraktionen Gebude erobern oder feindliche Anfhrer ausschalten. Durch die Aufgaben geben wir den PvP-Kmpfern einen Rahmen und konzentrieren sie auf bestimmte Gebiete, fhrt Zoeller aus. Ob es auch bewaffnete Vehikel fr die Schlachten geben wird, beantwortet er mit einem vielsagenden: Vielleicht. Es knnte also durchaus sein, dass die Spieler mit feuerkrftigen Fahrzeugen aufeinander losgehen wenn schon nicht in der offenen Welt, dann zumindest in einer speziellen Warzone. Davon abgesehen soll man auch im Verlauf mancher normalen Quests gegen menschliche Gegner antreten. hnlich wie in Warhammer Online werden wohl bestimmte Einstze in umkmpfte Gebiete fhren, in denen man feindlichen Spielern ber den Weg laufen kann.

Trolls its seems im going to have to administer a sound whooping to your bounty hunter. It been very quiet today :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post

In PvP battles are not the Guided used, at least not in the Warzones, the PvP instances of the Old Republic. This kmpfen teams player of the two factions against one another, Republic vs. Empire. The modes are based on the classic multiplayer repertoire, for example, players conquer the checkpoints drfte give Capture the Flag variants. In the far prsentierten arenas bekmpften usually four or eight teams. Obs also PvP with dozens of combatants are Laughed Grosch, Georg Zoeller open LSST: We are currently experimenting with player numbers. Darbe Bioware also plans a warzone, knnen also in the same faction players compete against each other as Notoption if there are not gengend enemies.

Also in the open world, there will be PvP battles, even the offer, according to Zoeller mission objectives: There will be special to the planet PvP tasks. It is conceivable, for example, that conquering the enemy factions off or Buildings Anfhrer. Through the tasks we give the PvP Kmpfern a framework and focus them on specific areas, leads from Zoeller. Whether it be armed vehicles fr is the battles, he answered with a telling: Maybe. The involvement therefore quite possible that the players go off with another vehicle feuerkrftigen if not in the open world, then at least in a special Warzone. Apart from this, one should also in the course of many normal Quests play against human opponents. Similar to Warhammer probably in certain wagers are fhren umkmpfte in areas where enemy players can run over the road.
    goodle translate.... meh. its readable.

Bei PvP-Gefechten kommen die Gefhrten nicht zum Einsatz zumindest nicht in den Warzones, den PvP-Instanzen von The Old Republic. Darin kmpfen Spielerteams der beiden Fraktionen gegeneinander, Republik gegen Imperium. Die Modi orientieren sich am klassischen Multiplayer-Repertoire, beispielsweise erobern die Spieler Kontrollpunkte, auch Capture the Flag-Varianten drfte es geben. In den bislang prsentierten Arenen bekmpften sich meist Viereroder Achterteams. Obs auch PvP-Groschlachten mit Dutzenden Mitstreitern gibt, lsst Georg Zoeller offen: Wir experimentieren derzeit mit den Spielerzahlen. Darber hinaus plant Bioware eine Warzone, in der auch Spieler derselben Fraktion gegeneinander antreten knnen als Notoption, falls sich nicht gengend Feinde finden.

Auch in der offenen Welt wird es zu PvP-Gefechten kommen, die laut Zoeller sogar Missionsziele bieten: Es wird auf den Planeten spezielle PvP-Aufgaben geben. Denkbar ist beispielsweise, dass die Fraktionen Gebude erobern oder feindliche Anfhrer ausschalten. Durch die Aufgaben geben wir den PvP-Kmpfern einen Rahmen und konzentrieren sie auf bestimmte Gebiete, fhrt Zoeller aus. Ob es auch bewaffnete Vehikel fr die Schlachten geben wird, beantwortet er mit einem vielsagenden: Vielleicht. Es knnte also durchaus sein, dass die Spieler mit feuerkrftigen Fahrzeugen aufeinander losgehen wenn schon nicht in der offenen Welt, dann zumindest in einer speziellen Warzone. Davon abgesehen soll man auch im Verlauf mancher normalen Quests gegen menschliche Gegner antreten. hnlich wie in Warhammer Online werden wohl bestimmte Einstze in umkmpfte Gebiete fhren, in denen man feindlichen Spielern ber den Weg laufen kann.

In PvP battles are not the Guided used, at least not in the Warzones, the PvP instances of the Old Republic. This kmpfen teams player of the two factions against one another, Republic vs. Empire. The modes are based on the classic multiplayer repertoire, for example, players conquer the checkpoints drfte give Capture the Flag variants. In the far prsentierten arenas bekmpften usually four or eight teams. Obs also PvP with dozens of combatants are Laughed Grosch, Georg Zoeller LSST open: We are currently experimenting with player numbers. Bioware plans to starve out a warzone, knnen also in the same faction players compete against each other as Notoption if there are not gengend enemies.

Also in the open world, there will be PvP battles, even the offer, according to Zoeller mission objectives: There will be special to the planet PvP tasks. It is conceivable, for example, that conquering the enemy factions off or Buildings Anfhrer. Through the tasks we give the PvP Kmpfern a framework and focus them on specific areas, leads from Zoeller. Whether it be armed vehicles fr is the battles, he answered with a telling: Maybe. The involvement therefore quite possible that the players go off with another vehicle feuerkrftigen if not in the open world, then at least in a special Warzone. Apart from this, one should also in the course of many normal Quests play against human opponents. Similar to Warhammer probably in certain wagers are fhren umkmpfte in areas where enemy players can run over the road.

Google Translator. Literally 15 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Google Translator. Literally 15 seconds.
    I know, but it kind of sucks and we might miss context in some cases.

I know, but it kind of sucks and we might miss context in some cases.
    It came out pretty readable I think. It's just a general conversation about pvp in warzones and in open world. I don't think anything crucial was missed tbh.