Hey guys! I'm starting a new blog about assassin tanking, http://assassintank.blogspot.com/!! I'll keep it updated as new information is revealed, and it will eventually become a one stop shop for all information regarding assassin tanking as the game moves further through beta, and onto release. The blog will accurately present the optimal gear and rotations when release comes along, and hopefully will be a center for gameplay/strategy discussion as well!

Keep in mind that I will add much more structured posts such as official guides when more information is released to the public. Right now, I'm just trying to get it started up with what little information we (who are not yet in beta) currently have.

Feel free to comment! I'd love to start up some discussions, and I'd love some constructive criticism as well!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Hey guys! I'm starting a new blog about assassin tanking, http://assassintank.blogspot.com/!! I'll keep it updated as new information is revealed, and it will eventually become a one stop shop for all information regarding assassin tanking as the game moves further through beta, and onto release. The blog will accurately present the optimal gear and rotations when release comes along, and hopefully will be a center for gameplay/strategy discussion as well!

Keep in mind that I will add much more structured posts such as official guides when more information is released to the public. Right now, I'm just trying to get it started up with what little information we (who are not yet in beta) currently have.

Feel free to comment! I'd love to start up some discussions, and I'd love some constructive criticism as well!
    Blogspot sucks :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Come on now, in DA2 it was pretty damn obvious which conversation to select if you wanted to persue the romance (the one with the heart on it). I still can't believe people get that upset about it.
    cad-comic.com/cad/20110314

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    I wonder if the next "Q&A" will start with something like "Yup its here. No impostors this time, the guy answering the questions is 100% legit" like the previous one did.

I've never seen what the big fuss over BC is. I didn't hear about that site until right about the time it was moving to its own site, so from my perspective, BC has always sucked. It's even more worthless than the sites that only spout officially released info, simply because we don't know whether we can believe anything posted there. Having to preface an article by saying "no imposters this time" when the "imposter" supposedly did multiple Q&A's before that were touted as "news"? Seriously? (And LOL at the "counter" that's consistently counting at the same rate at all hours)

I might believe screenshots if they ever posted them, but the Q&A's are apparently a waste of time. The only "cake" I've seen has apparently been dry and stale.
    It used to be the number one stop for SWTOR leaks. They had consistently new content that was usually very high quality. They had hundreds of leaked screenshots, some of the first leaked videos, etc.. Then when he announced the work on a talent calculator is was basically the peak of the websites success. The Q&A's were also really really good when they were first introduced. The problem with them now is that there's really nothing major to reveal. The Q&A's are basically just pointless now and serve only as reviews with poor structure.

Quote Originally Posted by randysavage View Post
    i shouldn't admit this publicly, but i bought ME1 & 2 recently via the valve summer sale and played through ME1 without having any idea there were romance quests at all...i breezed through the entire thing without even thinking about it...then i was googling some info about key decisions in ME1 and came upon info about the romance quests and i had one of those "oh, you're an ignorant ass, aren't you" sorts of moments...

i tend to play chick characters, though, and romancing a dude isn't high on my list of things to do in a game (or real life), so i'll probably be skipping that whole thing in swtor unless i roll some bros to start off...really depends on available body types in character creation, though...if all the dude models are so bulky as to be overcompensating i'll go chick...the bulky mohawk-sportin' toons i've seen in many videos lately, for example, are exactly what i want to avoid...and looks matter more than romance quest potential to me...
    I doubt anyone will look at you any differently (or even know) if you had a same sex story arc. If you play a female character, then you may as well romance a dude, because you are roleplaying a girl and may as well go with it.

I giggled though when you did say you didn't want to romance a dude, wanted to play a girl, and then talked about having the right body types on a guy character, or you wouldn't like them very much

Romance is sounding more like an option anyways, so worst case, you'll just miss out on "the Lover" title... oh snap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Porca la madonna, sei un brutto stronzo ma forse hai ragione.

Translation: Maybe you're right
    Ecco un connazionale. Ciao fratello.

I'm not a bad tester. Not at all

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Well with the character I've played the most, my level 23 Jedi Knight, I felt my story has just begun and I've been constantly wanted to know what happens next. This game doesn't try to throw everything it has right at the beginning and then fall flat the rest of the game. It feels like It's gradually increasing throughout the game and getting better and better.
    I whole heartily agree! Beta started yesterday for me, and all i think about when i am not playing is what super evil thing my Sith Inquisitor will do next! hehehehehehe
    I wasn't sure how i'd feel about all the VO and story, but after just getting to 16-17ish I can't emagine the game without it. I was playing today, and my wife just started healing on her druid, so i got on my heirloom pally to tank for her in BC and the whole time all i could think of was my Inquisitor and what evil she would bring to a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    cad-comic.com/cad/20110314
    haha those comics are pretty accurate for dragon age unfortunately. Anders really wouldn't be a bro without the bromance. eventually I got the points back and had to side him with him for his healing. no not that kind, I was happy with Merril.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angeli View Post
    Ecco un connazionale. Ciao fratello.

I'm not a bad tester. Not at all
    Saluti dalla Danimarca (sono un'Italiano perso per strada )

Translation: Same-Country-Bonding.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 11:46 AM ----------

2 hour beta vid from Alter, the leaky king... http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/619#more-619

Also love the comment on it from some witty guys naming their account 'Daniel Erickson' and 'Dallas Dickinson'...funny stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2011-08-21 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    I got back from Gamescom about 2 hours ago. I was there friday afternoon and saturday. Saturday was extremely busy everywhere.
    Got to play the origin worlds 3 times, my husband played 2 times. Each session was 20 minutes (I timed them) and not 10 as I read earlier in the thread. But if you play those 20 minutes fly past!

Here is what we got to play:

- Friday (queued for 2,5 hours): me Sith Inquisitor, husband Imperial Agent
    - Saturday morning (queued for 4,5 hours): me Jedi Consular, husband Smuggler
    - Saturday around dinnertime (queued for 50 minutes): me Imperial Agent, husband was off to play Jagged Alliance online
    We have all seen the lowlevel gameplay leaks I guess, so I won't get into those.

The game really looks so much better when playing then watching video's, even in HD! Combat and movement felt smooth.
    The SI start was the best for me storywise, but I actually liked all of them. Husband thought the Smuggler was really good.

The best thing: my husband, who is not a MMO-player but liked ME2, saying that he really felt he could get into this!
    The worst thing: I want MOAR MOAR NAO!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
    I got back from Gamescom about 2 hours ago. I was there friday afternoon and saturday. Saturday was extremely busy everywhere.
    Got to play the origin worlds 3 times, my husband played 2 times. Each session was 20 minutes (I timed them) and not 10 as I read earlier in the thread. But if you play those 20 minutes fly past!

- Saturday around dinnertime (queued for 50 minutes): me Imperial Agent, husband was off to play Jagged Alliance online
    We have all seen the lowlevel gameplay leaks I guess, so I won't get into those.

The game really looks so much better when playing then watching video's, even in HD! Combat and movement felt smooth.
    The SI start was the best for me storywise, but I actually liked all of them. Husband thought the Smuggler was really good.

The best thing: my husband, who is not a MMO-player but liked ME2, saying that he really felt he could get into this!
    That is also one of the goals of Bioware, to bring their fans from other games. I hope it works! :P

Glad you both enjoyed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    That is also one of the goals of Bioware, to bring their fans from other games. I hope it works! :P
    I hope too, I really want to play this together with him. He tried WOW in vanilla times, but his rogue there is still stuck at level 30 or so , it simply bored him.

I hope too, I really want to play this together with him. He tried WOW in vanilla times, but his rogue there is still stuck at level 30 or so , it simply bored him.
    Playing with your spouse makes a big difference. I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    Last edited by Akio; 2011-08-21 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akio View Post
    I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    You've sold me on the idea. When is your wife free next?

Seriously though, I've been trying to get my gf to play SWG and apart from the entertainer profession she's not that interested. I know what Ents get upto in SWG so I shut down that idea pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    You've sold me on the idea. When is your wife free next?

Seriously though, I've been trying to get my gf to play SWG and apart from the entertainer profession she's not that interested. I know what Ents get upto in SWG so I shut down that idea pretty quick.
    Pfft! :P

And I guess entertainers haven't changed since launch then lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with your spouse makes a big difference. I can't even imagine playing MMOs without my wife now. It's infinitely more fun.
    i wish there were women in my area who didn't think gaming was "OMGURANERDWTFGOAWAY". but, even if i did have a gf/wife, im sure they would end up annoying the shit out of me while we were both playing. asking questions all the time...trying to justify killing a boar...figuring out how a slime monster can hold money....etc. lol.

glad to be single sometimes. no one screaming "stop playing ur stupid game! we have to go clothes shopping!! QQ!"

Deleted
    Pfft! :P

And I guess entertainers haven't changed since launch then lol.
    Nah, just more expensive now ...blasted inflation!!!

Deleted
    Im sorry if this has been asked before (probs has with 1200 pages) but ive only been reading the last 100 or so.

Will there be a PvP set of gear with some kind of resilience? Because i hope not, one thing ive always hated about wow is that even though im a PvEer when i log on and want to go PvP i have to have a comtpletely difference set of gear just to stand a chance in bg's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Im sorry if this has been asked before (probs has with 1200 pages) but ive only been reading the last 100 or so.

Will there be a PvP set of gear with some kind of resilience? Because i hope not, one thing ive always hated about wow is that even though im a PvEer when i log on and want to go PvP i have to have a comtpletely difference set of gear just to stand a chance in bg's.
    PvP gear will give a maximum of 10% bonus compared to PvE gear. So even with no PvP gear you're not gonna get slaughtered in PvP as 10% isn't gamebreaking imo.

It's been confirmed a few times and more recently by the developer in charge of pvp, Gabe Amantangelo only last friday.

Here is the interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhToJ9h0RmA&hd=1

Hope that helps mate.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2011-08-21 at 01:08 PM.