Poll: What happens to a fainted pokemon?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Death of Pokemon...?

So recently I was sitting in the bathroom playing Pokemon White (casually) and I was in a cave. I beat the pokemon in the cave and it fainted...

Now we all know trainers with pokemon can just take their fainted friends to a center and revive them.
    But...what happens to the wild ones? I mean...do they die (faint=kill?)? Do others come and eat them? Do they self-revive? Doesn't this make you want to catch each one so that they're not left to die?!

It may not seem important, but it is. Oh, it is. SO IMPORTANT. WHAT MESSAGE ARE WE SENDING CHILDREN?!
    Last edited by dbgokux4; 2011-03-24 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the pokemon comics, Pokemon die all the time.

Something similar to this was brought up the other day. I asked why we couldn't catch Pokemon even after they've fainted. I mean, they're fainted - PERFECT TIME TO CATCH THEM! Then another one of my friends said "Imagine what the Pokemon world must be like. Unconscious Pokemon litter the ground everywhere you go!"

In all seriousness, you know that level 16 Zubat or that level 22 Diglett that JUST WON'T STOP POPPING UP?! That's them. They fainted, got back up, and ran after you to get even.

Quote Originally Posted by Krys View Post
    Something similar to this was brought up the other day. I asked why we couldn't catch Pokemon even after they've fainted. I mean, they're fainted - PERFECT TIME TO CATCH THEM! Then another one of my friends said "Imagine what the Pokemon world must be like. Unconscious Pokemon litter the ground everywhere you go!"

In all seriousness, you know that level 16 Zubat or that level 22 Diglett that JUST WON'T STOP POPPING UP?! That's them. They fainted, got back up, and ran after you to get even.
    One day someone is going to make a dark, dark pokemon game. As if it were how the world actually operated. Death, destruction, power hungering. And guess what? It's going to be AWESOME. Imagine a pokemon MMO that was actually good? That's just waiting to happen. I'd be all over a cross between training, battling (pve and pvp). Imagine raiding?

OT: I really don't want to think it's the same one. Because if I catch it, a new one pops anyway. It either died, or did a digimon-style death...or just slowly faded. By they probably just die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They get turned into those numbers called xp. Or metaphorically speaking (and probably stretching the truth) they are consumed for their experience to make my own more powerful. If you look really, really fast, you'll see your pikachu eating that nosepass (which fucking deserves it too, just for allowing itself to be designed that way).

The better question is what does everyone in the Pokemon world eat? They cant all be vegetarians

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgokux4 View Post
    One day someone is going to make a dark, dark pokemon game. As if it were how the world actually operated. Death, destruction, power hungering. And guess what? It's going to be AWESOME.
    Actually, somebody once made something like this.
    Pokemon could die and they would "come back" as Ghosts ready to be captured as well :P
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed it was re-worded for western kids like when people died in DBZ and they were taken to "the other dimension" or whatever it was, not that they were in the afterlife.

Has anyone actually played the Japanese pokemon games and able to read/translate it?

But it shows good manners too. If you are chatting up a nice girl and she faints, you don't keep talking to her and take her home (at least not legally)

O.o

Edit: Wait, but pokemon can die. Remember in the first games (red, blue, yellow) when you go to that ghost tower? You fight the ghost of a Cubone or something that is causing trouble. It can't be caught

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghtybv View Post
    The better question is what does everyone in the Pokemon world eat? They cant all be vegetarians
    Other Pokemon?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL berries?, "pokemon food"?

That is your biggest question? I've been thinking on a few others.

What kind of society lets a 10-15 year old kid run off on his own?
    How bad ass are Poke balls when you can catch legendary pokemon like the one who created the solar system or plenty of others that seem necessary for our world to function?
    When you do have these legendary pokemon, how is it you can still loose to that one guy with a level 70 ice cream cone who still hasn't defeated the Elite Four?
    Why can't you just use sleeping powder on the other trainer so you can steal his Pokemon?
    Why does the lady in the Pokecenter want to see you again every time you bring her hurt Pokemon?
    Why is there technology to instantly teleport a Pokemon in its ball all the way to the professor but I still have to put on my running shoes or jump on a Pokemon's back to go anywhere?
    Why are the defeated trainers still hanging out in the tall grass when they don't have any Pokemon to use?

The list can go on but my shift is ending so I'll stop there.

Deleted
    I thought this was going to be a thread about how 5th Gen pokemon are terrible and look goofy as hell compared to generation I-IV.

I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    I thought this was going to be a thread about how 5th Gen pokemon are terrible and look goofy as hell compared to generation I-IV.

I was disappointed.
    Don't kid yourself, anything after 150 look ridiculous

Deleted
    Meh, I liked the first 3, sort of the 4th. Most of those actually look like 'regular, magical animals' if that makes any sense... The 5th gen... An ice cream pokemon? A dragon pokemon with axes stuck to its face? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when pokemon was cool to talk about when I was 9or10 ...I'm 22 now its not cool anymore...at all

Made by dubbelbasse

Don't kid yourself, your opinion is just that and you can't actually use it to imply that anyone else is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I remember when pokemon was cool to talk about when I was 9or10 ...I'm 22 now its not cool anymore...at all
    You too

Also yeah Pokemon die all the time, what do you expect? They're just animals but with magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Edit: Wait, but pokemon can die. Remember in the first games (red, blue, yellow) when you go to that ghost tower? You fight the ghost of a Cubone or something that is causing trouble. It can't be caught
    There's a tower full of graves in Black/White too
    One of the trainers inside says "I have a really strong pokemon!" and then when you beat them they say "Oh yeah, that was the pokemon I came here to visit"
    Last edited by Imnick; 2011-03-24 at 01:16 PM.

Uhm, they faint. What do you think happen? When you faint what happens to you, you are unconscious for a while then you wake up a bit confused and then you wander away thinking what happened. That's it.

Same thing happens to Pokémon, they faint from the damage from the other pokémon. And eventually they wake up.
    And the reason behind people not catching fainted Pokémon is probably to do with Pokémon morals. Since the whole thing with Pokémon is that they live together with humans in harmony. If everyone would catch pokemon against their will when they were unconscious that harmony would be removed. When they aren't fainted the pokemon basically stops fighting against the trainers pokeball to live in peace together with the trainer.

Pokémon die aswell. But not because they faint in Pokémon battles. They die because they get old. It's a game originally designed for small kids, so the pokemon can't really die so the game doesn't seem so gory or whatever.

And someone said that Pokémon isn't cool anymore. Blasphemy! Hehe Personally I still love Pokémon, and I believe it is since I played it and enjoyed it so much when I was younger(I am 19) and things from your early life stucks easier. For example I still believe some SNES and Nintendo64 games are the best games I've ever played to date. I loved Crysis, I loved Mass Effect 1&2, I loved Bioshock 1&2, I loved Assasin's Creed trilogy, I love World of Warcraft, I loved Grand Theft Auto. But SNES and N64 games still rule. Super Metroid is the best game I've played, closely followed by Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    You're saying that a Porygon looks more sensible than a Pidove?

You have a weird view on what's riddiculous or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    You best look at those first 150 again.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY KIIIIIIIIIIIDSSS!!!!!

Anyway, actually on-topic... I think it depends on the pokemon and the environment you're in.

One of those billions of geodudes you encountered in a cave? He'll probably be fine since the other geodudes won't bother him and the zubats can't hurt him.

That ratata or caterpie in the middle of the forest? A pidgey probably came along after you and ate him.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2011-03-24 at 03:17 PM.