Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mein Gott, felhunter's Shadow Bite does 1700 dps?!?!? Amazing.
    Seriously.... it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Noone here except me then plays in the 2400+ bracket where casters have 4000 (43% damage reduction) resil which is NORMAL at this level. Just cause you can't break 2200LOL you will never be faced with people with pure BIS gear doesn't mean you have to try to disprove me.
    It's not real clear what people mean when they say 'full pvp gear' or 'target with resil'. I don't play anywhere near your bracket, because I'm not very good, but there's just a huge difference between hitting somebody who's in 'pvp gear' and somebody who's in mostly epic vicious gear, properly gemmed and enchanted. I've put a lot of effort into piling up resil, because at least in the brackets I play in the strategy most folks seem to follow is 'train the hell out of the hunter.' But around 1500 rating I have ~3600 resil (38%+ reduction). In that bracket, I find targets that I can hit for 17k+ (crit for 35k+), and targets that I can crit with my best shot for maybe 12k after resil and defensive abilities. And everything in between. So when the OP says, "with full pvp gear on full pvp gear" I have no idea what he means. Does he mean somebody in crafted blues and honor pieces sporting less than 2k resil, or somebody in full epic pvp gear stacking enchants and gems?

Good job Blizz.
    Warlock DMG is shit so they buff our pet dmg. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    They'll do what they usually do; Be fully aware of it for the entirety of the PTR, wait until it's released on live, and nerf it within 24 hours.

Warlocks are cool like that.
    Not just Warlocks, but Spriests too! "Fine" on PTR, then 2 days after live, "ZOMG OP" *nerfbat*
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Noone here except me then plays in the 2400+ bracket where casters have 4000 (43% damage reduction) resil which is NORMAL at this level. Just cause you can't break 2200LOL you will never be faced with people with pure BIS gear doesn't mean you have to try to disprove me.

Warrior burst damage is all from crits. If we don't crit, we're worthless and do laughable damage.
    Oh my, you can't be serial.
    Warriors doing laughable damage? Haven't seen that yet. ;33

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior burst damage is all from crits. If we don't crit, we're worthless and do laughable damage.
    thankfully resil no longer reduces chance to be crit.
    on the other side, 10k shadow bites? and you mentioned with full dots up, but does that require dots to be up to hit that?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    I know its in no way optimal (and theres a reason I can NEVER kill a healer), but I've been playing since the shield used to kill your voidwalker, and i guess old habbits die hard.. I just feel really unprepared when i cant pop my shield.
    But i actually do have a question. Demon armor or Fel armor as affli (pvp)? Seems like demon armor was meant for pvp, but the 20% healing on all single target dmg isnt really bad

Oh and allso, voidwalkers are awesome vs rogues :>
    Havn't read past this post yet, but personally I swap them depending on the situation.
    If you have people focussing you, definately demon armour for the extra healing and armour, however if you're left to free cast, fel armour for the extra dot damage.

I'm in full Vic aside from a ring and the belt along with 372 T2 weapon. All Str/Resil gems and my white hits and Mortal Strike noncrit are not 10k on a 3500k-ish resil target even with Collosus Smash up. I can MAYBE hit 10k noncrit if I have trinket popped/lambs stacked to 3 which takes 3 globals to do against a 3500k+ resil target but I never remember getting one.
    3500k-ish resil target
    3500k resil
    Like a giant turtle wrapped in titanium.

Deleted
    I love how instead of actually showing the will to fix the class, they shift even more damage to pets.
    I am absolutely certain now that the future for warlocks never looked more grim, sure there will be a godmode phase once in a while like every class but they sucked all the fun out of the class and the current dev team is obviously full of morons (not exclusively in regards to warlocks).

WoW needs competition so bad or they will never get their lazy arses up again for something other than milking their fatuous customerbase with vanity pets, mounts and the like.

cant wait for this patch our damage is soooo bad right now in pvp and pve affliction will be my new main spec

10k every six seconds is not op at all considering how our dots tick for 2k each and the way interrupts are right now having two melee makes it near impossible to get a haunt off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    So when the OP says, "with full pvp gear on full pvp gear" I have no idea what he means. Does he mean somebody in crafted blues and honor pieces sporting less than 2k resil, or somebody in full epic pvp gear stacking enchants and gems?
    With full pvp gear I mean all honor blues+ilvl pvp 359 weapons. so that would be around 3,5k resil.

Well I'd like to be able to use the felhunter again without nerfing my damage, and speaking of shit pets I wish felguards would be best for demo again

Deleted
    Cool, they buff our pet istead of our damage... now soul link should work the other way around: the dmg done to the pet is transferred to the lock, since it'll get trained in 2 seconds.

Deleted
    10k on a 6s cd ..... is roughtly 1667 dps add in crits etc then its a 2k dps
    amazing NO.

They are bandaiding the Lock and i expect this to stay.

Deleted
    You are right, seeing a spec in x rating doesnt mean it's op or even good. But i have seen affliction locks in 2v2 high rated more than half of the classes in the game. Trust me, there are specs that do way worse than you in 2s and in 3s.
    I guess this would differ from battlegroup to battlegroup, however it doesn't change the fact that the spec is actually broken.
    I'm aware that there are far worse specs out there, and I feel for them, they should be fixed aswell,(one of the main culprits behind this being dispell spamming) however this post is specifically about affliction as it's posted in the Warlock forum, other 'broken' specs are welcome to create posts in their forums, and I would back them 100%.

"We get carried in 3s" is again stupid to say. Ok resto shaman counters you pretty well, but you are among the only specs that can damage multiple targets simultaneusly. That's why you can't do too much single target damage. You also have competitive cc+survivability. I admit your class might be broken but not as much as people cry about it.
    'We get carried in 3s' I disagree here, this is in fact the case, there are countless screenshots from toptier comps with warlocks in, where you will see, the warlocks DPS partner either double, or sometimes triple his damage. Once we see the nerfs to these classes, you will notice these comps become less viable as they will no longer be able to score a kill solo whilst the lock fear-spams the enemy healer.

As for the whole 'you can pressure multiple targets' I can safely say on behalf of most serious lock pvpers, we would be happy to see the following:
    *This ridiculous pet change to get reverted as it rightfully should
    *Glyph of Soul Swap Removed.
    *Shadow Embrace reduced from 3 to 1 stack. 15% for 1 stack.
    *Shadow Mastery now increases Shadow spell damage by 40%. Currently 25%, to be increased to 30% in 4.1.
    *DoT's should only be able to be active on one target at a time.
    *Unstable Affliction now causes 25% of a player's maximum HP when dispelled. currently causes 2007 damage.. that is an absolute joke, it actually promotes spam dispelling.

This ensures that:
    *We have the damage we need to put out pressure, however cannot spam it on multiple targets for insane damage.
    *We can still make 'swaps' in arena and choose who to focus.
    *Our DoT's won't be spam dispelled by everyone on sight, however can still be dispelled if you absolutely can't have them on a player/need to remove a fear.

Many melee classes do constant 10k attacks to you, but that's what melee does. They dont have your cc, they dont have your dots.
    Every class is unique, you can spin it however you want but every class brings something to the table. This used to be us being able to put out multiple dots for pressure as you know, however now we are stuck to literally fear spamming and trying to land a good spell lock to ensure our partners in 3s can kill something.

10k from pet every 6 sec+ dots rolling is a lot of damage. Melee don't dot you for a lot of damage and then hit 10k (well feral... but it feels the same for a paladin to eat the bleeds). And pet is killable but in the meanwhile you can cast. You realize that buffing lock damage a lot in single target combat will make the damage in 3s too much because you can do it to more than 1 target. Most classes cant do that.
    Honestly, the 10k from pets will probably not go live as most have stated, and I hope it doesn't, its completely the wrong way to deal with things..(they need more dmg.. BUFF THE PETS!) the dev's just need to take a look at what the players are suggesting for once, as it is completely clear they have NO idea on how to 'fix' us, and most suggestions by the community make a LOT more sense than what they have lined up.(numbers need to be balanced of course)
    I agree, if our dot damage in increased our multitarget pressure would be ridiculous, hence the proposed changes above, more single target damage(not burst) in exchange for the inability to spread our dots like the plague.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-03-25 at 06:47 AM.

wtf are other classes QQ'n about, warlock pets are that easy to kill its not funny a warrior or ret can kill them in less than 6 seconds. If anyone should be angry about this change it should be aff warlocks having to rely on their stupid pets so much.

weird, my felpup is hitting 2k+ instead of people were saying 10k-30k on ptr?

@ ADT (too lazy to quote :P) Good post. I guess blizzard just don't know how to fix these broken specs these days, and they don't listen to the community that actually play the class... And I seriously did not know that dispelling UA is only 2k damage wtf... That is actually laughable...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    10k / 6 sec = 1666.667 DPS. That's assuming full dots are rolling and the Fel Hunter isn't dead, CC'd, Silenced, or using his GCDs for other, more important things.

OH NO!!!
    We're talking about PvP......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    @ ADT (too lazy to quote :P) Good post. I guess blizzard just don't know how to fix these broken specs these days, and they don't listen to the community that actually play the class... And I seriously did not know that dispelling UA is only 2k damage wtf... That is actually laughable...
    <3
    Ah well, guess ill be rerolling my priest's offspec shadow untill this shitstorm gets fixed. Mostly feels the same anyway only with more burst.

Unstable Affliction = Vampiric Touch
    Corruption = Shadow Word Pain
    Bane of Agony = Devouring Plague
    Drain Life = Mind Flay
    Haunt = Mind Blast
    DoT's on target? SPAM DAT DISPEL BRO

Edit: Just in case anyone wants to try and get the whole situation sorted, Visiting My Post On The Official Forums and thumbing it up couldn't hurt
    Also, if a nice player from the US servers fancy's reposting it over there, where it will maybe get noticed, and not rot to death(like everything on the EU forums) you would forever have my gratitude <3

Edit2: I roughly just became 72x more skilled.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-03-25 at 12:06 PM.