Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Demo Locks, I salute you.

I think you guys have probably the most difficult game to master. The amount of spells/abilities that you guys have to keep track of to be optimal in raids is mind blowing.

/salute
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad, once you get the hang of it.

I like to tie in spells together; for instance, I make a habit of re-casting Corruption after a Hand of Gul'dan.
    It helps keep the rotation more simple. If I use my HoG's cooldown as a sort of timer for my Corruption, there's less to keep track of.

That being said, it does have some intriguing depth, and that's part of why I enjoy the spec, even though it's not the top Warlock DPS spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not as hard as it seems at first. Just like any other dps spec, you just have to know what to look for and what to do when something procs. Once you learn what to look for, it's really pretty easy. But thank you nonetheless! Most people I see in-game laugh at locks playing anything but destro at the moment just because it's slightly higher dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

I could do demo in my sleep. I sincerely hope you do not mean demo in it's current state but even before it wasn't that bad.

Just give it some time and you'll see its a walk in the park.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    Most people I see in-game laugh at locks playing anything but destro at the moment just because it's slightly higher dps.
    It's not anymore. Demo is on par with destro easily within some guilds and specially some fights. Even singletarget fights demo can be above destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i find destro to be a little more complicated, with dot uptimes and imp soulfire uptime. Although it seems to be more forgiving when you mess up, especially with the added kick of BoH on multiple target fights (lots of those). At least mastery isnt as worthless for demo as it used to be and you dont ALSO have to keep imp soulfire up anymore (cuz you cant get it anymore)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Deleted
    he was joking^^ because it is more simpel then the other 2 speccs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    It's not anymore. Demo is on par with destro easily within some guilds and specially some fights. Even singletarget fights demo can be above destro.
    Oh I know. I've yet to see a destro lock I can't keep up with right now. It's just the general thought that destro brings next to no utility whereas demo brings 10% spell power buff, therefore it does more dps. I've given up trying to explain to people that the two specs are pretty much equals when it comes to their numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saap View Post
    he was joking^^ because it is more simpel then the other 2 speccs.
    QFT. Looks like he trolled quite a few ppl here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been an afflock since the glory days of s3 and cant help but cringe at what has generally been referred to as the leveling spec of our mighty class.
    Demo is as faceroll as it can get. Bearing in mind that opinions are like clits and every tunc has one, this is mine.

For my exp with demo it just feels like a aoe spec with not quite the kick and charm of the other 2, i used to use it on Maloriak but cba to have it anymore going with affli/destro now.

And i always lol at ppl leveling with demo affli is miles better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is not faceroll, and people had better start trying shit out before saying it is.
    Curse, meta, corruption, immolate, bane, immolation aura, shadowflame, HoG, incinerate when procs, shadowbolt filler to keep debuff going, fel flame for short movements, soulfire in execute. Whew. I'm tired just remembering all that.

I'm not saying we're the hardest (but we are ) but I'll be damned if someone says we're faceroll.

Demo is fine and all, but I died a little when Imp and Succubus surpassed Felguard in single target damage...

Also Jibby, you forgot to mention: Demon Soul, Soul Burn Soulfire, and add any other /use trinkets to the mix and you have BC Enhancement shaman all over again.

Whenever I play Demo I can almost fall asleep it is so easy compared to my normal Destro although Destro still isn't hard Demo is just easy. Demo with ISF was a bitch though.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    trololol!!! every warlock spec has nearly the same things to do..and i'm saying that cause i'm a lock that have played all 3 specs at cata just to try them out. demo isn't hard to master. it's as hard as the other 2..

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget FG>DS>Succy pull swap and Whiplash on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnicient View Post
    Demo is fine and all, but I died a little when Imp and Succubus surpassed Felguard in single target damage...
    My suggestion is stick with fel guard. Why? Because you and I both know that blizzard wants the felguard to be demos pet. It'll get buffed to be back on top, so why practice with another when deep down you know that in 30 days a horrid will bump him above the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    trololol!!! every warlock spec has nearly the same things to do..and i'm saying that cause i'm a lock that have played all 3 specs at cata just to try them out. demo isn't hard to master. it's as hard as the other 2..
    Not trying to troll you here or anything, but can you honestly tell me Affliction has the same spell numbers as Destro and Demo?

Ignore Demon Soul and Soul Burn for a moment and you have:

Corruption (once if you're doing it right), Haunt, UA, SB, and....

Oh thats it. Sub 25% replace SB with Drain Soul and bam, you got yourself a 4 button rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    My suggestion is stick with fel guard. Why? Because you and I both know that blizzard wants the felguard to be demos pet. It'll get buffed to be back on top, so why practice with another when deep down you know that in 30 days a horrid will bump him above the other two.
    A horrid? WTF iPhone autocorrect. I don't even know what that was supposed to be.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    t7 afflic and t10 demo were the best