Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Besides Atramedes p2 its actually a very useless skill now that aspect of the hawk gives 2000 rap (2600 if your boss). big loss from any perspective

although i do it in BGs just cuz its fun to cobra shot chase enemies down

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    No but DPS is alot and every bit of dps helps and why run in fox when you can switch into hawk fire off what you can and then move to fox again? Maybe you are lazy but I try to maximize my dps. on V&T for example when you have to move alot in phase 2 I aspect dance all the time to get those extra cobra/steady off and get the extra AP while waiting for the black hole shit
    ^^ This. Alot of the time it boils down to whether you can be bothered to or not. I like to try and keep my rotation as tight as poss and AotF helps me do that. I have a nice little macro to hit whenever I want to change specs and i'll carry on doing so. But hell, if people wanna move and wait for their focus to sloooooooooowly refil so they can hit an instant shot that's up to them.

I see alot of people saying they use it when a foretold ability is being used by the boss and you need to move. Just an example; Twins, if you have a timer going you know when blackout will happen so manage your focus enough to shoot arcanes during the run, same for breath. If not use jump disengage. I saw someone say Al'Akir p1...god no this doesn't need AotF. Don't be bad and move minimally to avoid stuff you don't need Fox at all. The transition from P1 to P2 it can be useful if your running halfway across the platform to re-group, but other than that please don't use it on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    On fights which don't need dps but for you to move the fuck out of stuff i just keep it on(Which is most). You can pull as much dps as everyone else with it on. Max dps isn't the point to 90% of fights, people still seem to think it is but...

And if u play with recount up while ur in fight i will punch you in face
    Wow, so much fail all right there in one post If you want to be bad then that's your call, but most progression guilds would remove you from the group for failing at class mechanics. You can do more dps but choose not to...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Only use it when u absolutely have to cast steady shot on the move... and if u follow it with an instant or 2, make sure to switch to hawk before casting the instants
    ^ this, which is probably less than 1% of anytime. But overall I think it is really a dps loss.

Hehe, awesome discussions, thanks!