Exclamation App - iPhone / Android for browsing news/forum on MMO-Champ?

So how about creating an app that supports the fellow readers/trolls on this forums with endless feedbacks and news or suggestions. With the current public browsing these forums there shouldnt be to hard to find just "that one dude" to actually make this happen.

I doubt iam the only one that actually searched app-store for mmo-champion.

So DEVS, make it happen!

Already been suggested a lot by many similar people with an aversion to the "Search" function.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    So DEVS, make it happen!
    I honestly do not think that your little... "motivational speech" at the end there will make this happen...

Also, I would like a reader for my Windows based phone.
    And my Android based phone.
    And for my Nokia phone.
    And for my Blackberry.

I want this all soon, because I am not the only one who needs this, right?

Make app
    Charge 59 for app
    ?????
    PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    So how about creating an app that supports the fellow readers/trolls on this forums with endless feedbacks and news or suggestions. With the current public browsing these forums there shouldnt be to hard to find just "that one dude" to actually make this happen.

I doubt iam the only one that actually searched app-store for mmo-champion.

So DEVS, make it happen!
    Erm maybe use any of the countless RSS feed apps on the app store already?

I use MobileRSS for the iphone.

There is already one for iPhone search for the vbulletin app.

Honestly, it would be better to make a mobile version of the site rather than an app. That way all the apples and googles and berries can access it.

As to finding "the dude", the MMO-C devs really have control here. There's no API for MMO-Champion like there is for twitter, facebook etc so it's difficult for just anyone to make a full-featured client/website. Not impossible but difficult. A mobile-optimised template for the forums should be relatively easy to buy/download and then customise to match the look, but there's nothing we can do here.

15+ Year Old Account
    A mobile version of the css for the site is something we'd like to do; there are other fixes and improvements which were higher on the priority list recently, but we'll get to it at some point.

In the mean time, you can use any RSS reader to be notified of the front page updates.

RSS link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/external...2&forumids=252
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-03-24 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless MMO-Champion devs decide to make and open up an API, not much us 'outside devvers' can do about it. Best bet would be a mobile version of the website, or some RSS feed magic.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.