Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    The best is actually averaging frame rates across all the newest games. Best real-world application.
    Yeh true + that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    You're under an NDA for a video card? I want it already...
    the SUPR666 GTX HDPROAMG!

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Really?Guess best comparison would be using different benchmarking tools and then compare the outcome and work out the average... but anyway the card is still generally bad... At first i though Dual GPU /yay but nop =[
    Duel GPU's are overkill for anything under 2560x resolutions.

For those of us that run at 2560x1600 or those with three (edit meant three) or more 1080p panels duel GPU's are worth it. I have been running Duel GPU's since my 4870's and I pretty much have to run SLI/Crossfire setups to get the experience I'm looking for. Just replaced my 5870's for two 560's.
    Last edited by dicertification; 2011-03-26 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    You're under an NDA for a video card? I want it already...
    Its a single GPU design, but essentially as fast as 6990/590. Drivers are buggy as hell though..

It seems to handle every game out there pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Duel GPU's are overkill for anything under 2560x resolutions.

For those of us that run at 2560x1600 or those with two or more 1080p panels duel GPU's are worth it. I have been running Duel GPU's since my 4870's and I pretty much have to run SLI/Crossfire setups to get the experience I'm looking for. Just replaced my 5870's for two 560's.
    Or PLP 2560x1600 + 1600x1200's

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a single GPU design, but essentially as fast as 6990/590. Drivers are buggy as hell though..

It seems to handle every game out there pretty well.

k, now I'm curious. Have a hard time believing it's near 6990/590 (but I do believe you). Really wondering what camp it's from, can't see ATI or Nvidia making such a jump.

Where do you work that you got such a card? I know a few industry folks and they haven't mentioned any such thing.

Edit: Intel? lol

k, now I'm curious. Have a hard time believing it's near 6990/590 (but I do believe you). Really wondering what camp it's from, can't see ATI or Nvidia making such a jump.

Where do you work that you got such a card? I know a few industry folks and they haven't mentioned any such thing.

Edit: Intel? lol
    Not intel. Its around 80% (By my guess from performance in Metro, Homefront, Crysis)

Keep in mind 590 != 2x580 in raw power. (In games, 590 wins certain synthetics.)
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-03-26 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not intel. Its around 80% (By my guess from performance in Metro, Homefront, Crysis)

Keep in mind 590 != 2x580 in raw power.
    So jealous. Guessing it'll be an Nvidia product. Doesn't sound like a product ATI would be pushing out, at least not when considering their recent advancements.

So jealous. Guessing it'll be an Nvidia product. Doesn't sound like a product ATI would be pushing out, at least not when considering their recent advancements.
    There aren't many games that take advantage of it, especially considering how WoW is cpu bound. It does support multi-card linked arrangements, and seems to work with WoW, in windowed/fullscreen windows as well.

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    the SUPR666 GTX HDPROAMG!
    I'll suggest that to marketing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    That's a terrible image.

Of course it's going to have high power draw, it's two GPUs (so does the 6990, but the 6990 uses more).
    The fan noise is loud, in comparison to...?? The 6990 as stated by them is obviously louder.
    The rest is user issues. There are vids on youtube of people getting stable OC's on the 590 that make it almost equal to two 580s...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    That's a terrible image.

Of course it's going to have high power draw, it's two GPUs (so does the 6990, but the 6990 uses more).
    The fan noise is loud, in comparison to...?? The 6990 as stated by them is obviously louder.
    The rest is user issues. There are vids on youtube of people getting stable OC's on the 590 that make it almost equal to two 580s...
    Except for the OCP downclocking the GTX 590 when the current limit gets hit.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO