Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I as a tank usually just pop Avenger's Shield on 'em - if I'm lucky, the tentacles are spawned decently close to each other, hitting 3 of them.

But when we kill Cho'gall we just try to stay stacked as much as possible and pop BL as soon as we reach p2. p2 is just practice practice, a tid bit of RNG and some nice interrupts. Hope you get it down soon mate.

Deleted
    Cho isnt about Phase 2, it is about phase 1... and particularly people avoiding shit to not build up Corruption. Corruption is the biggest killer in P2.

The one thing to look out for in P2 IMHO is
    1) Interupt
    2) Interupt
    3) Interupt
    4) Interupt

The beam adds corruption AND damage thus hastens the wipe in two fold, get them beams interupted even if it means letting the eyes live longer.

But the Cho'gall fight is about P1 even if the actual wipe dont happen till P2, avoid corruption from the big adds (the aoe blast), the blobs, fires, crashes, blood and everything else I might have skipped... If no one is over 10 corruption AND you take care of interupting the eyes P2 is just ROFLSTOMP even with 1 healer

Edit to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    just out of interest, when you have killed the tenticles in p2, they dont respawn do they? (not a direct q to the OP, just a personal one).
    Yes they do, again and again and again.... Not emmediatly but they keep returning untill cho is dead

Mozza -> They respawn on a timer - 4 spawn soon after first 4 are killed, so you need to nuke em down fast, so you have time for nuking boss abit, before next wave spawns..

Deleted
    We prefer to pull Cho'gall into the middle of the room, sometime when Bloodlust is popped, as a tank I'll pull Cho'gall to 3 adds next to each other and Berserker spam mangle, that's pretty much one set of adds already down, we'll then get a hefty nuke on Cho'gall. We also assign all dps to follow one main dps and ask them to interrupt everything that's possible. We never really have a problem with the debuff from the adds on us tanks anyway.

If you've got a cleave heavy group, just ask the tank to move Cho'gall as close as the Cleave person as possible.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Cho isnt about Phase 2, it is about phase 1... and particularly people avoiding shit to not build up Corruption. Corruption is the biggest killer in P2.

The one thing to look out for in P2 IMHO is
    1) Interupt
    2) Interupt
    3) Interupt
    4) Interupt

The beam adds corruption AND damage thus hastens the wipe in two fold, get them beams interupted even if it means letting the eyes live longer.

But the Cho'gall fight is about P1 even if the actual wipe dont happen till P2, avoid corruption from the big adds (the aoe blast), the blobs, fires, crashes, blood and everything else I might have skipped... If no one is over 10 corruption AND you take care of interupting the eyes P2 is just ROFLSTOMP even with 1 healer

Edit to add:

Yes they do, again and again and again.... Not emmediatly but they keep returning untill cho is dead
    This too. If you're going into Phase 2 with more than 0% corruption, you're doing it wrong. Make sure no one stands in Shadow Blast and the big adds are interrupted when the tank kites them to the door.

Deleted
    ouch, sounds a bit of a pain then. We tried him a couple of times the other night and got him just into P2 but it was a play and see run so. How much hp do the tentacles have?

As a prot warrior when not tanking cho due to the fury I'm able to keep most of the tentacles on lock while everyone nukes them down, if you have one, just have him shockwave aoe stun the adds, charge-stun anything shockwave missesd, intercept back to the original pack and keep them on lock with shield bash/heroic throw silences and concussion blow, makes the tentacles not even get a cast off during our kills

Pop lust/hero at 26% (I am pretty sure he goes into p2 at 25% but it is late...)
    This will give you the most time to dps through p2 without tentacles and with the most people alive..

2 heals is definitely the way to go.

1st add wave - surv hunter with entrap
    2nd add wave - surv hunter + 1 other (boomkin/shaman work well)
    3rd add wave - surv hunter + 2 others.

You shouldn't get a 4th add.. he 'may' spawn but if you push over to 2nd phase before blood of the old gods comes he will despawn.

Turn away from the raid if you have over 50 stacks.
    Healers spam cleanse.
    Move him to the wall at 27%, Wall is god.
    Lust at 26%, Burn boss.
    Interrupt the grubby octopus hands on the tank. Aoe stuns/interrupts are awesome.
    Everyone kills ALL the tentacles.
    Burn Boss.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.
    Dead.
    Last edited by Barneebrown; 2011-03-25 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barneebrown View Post
    Pop lust/hero at 26% (I am pretty sure he goes into p2 at 25% but it is late...)
    This will give you the most time to dps through p2 without tentacles and with the most people alive..

2 heals is definitely the way to go.

1st add wave - surv hunter with entrap
    2nd add wave - surv hunter + 1 other (boomkin/shaman work well)
    3rd add wave - surv hunter + 2 others.

You shouldn't get a 4th add.. he 'may' spawn but if you push over to 2nd phase before blood of the old gods comes he will despawn.

Turn away from the raid if you have over 50 stacks.
    Healers spam cleanse.
    Move him to the wall at 27%, Wall is god.
    Lust at 26%, Burn boss.
    Interrupt the grubby octopus hands on the tank. Aoe stuns/interrupts are awesome.
    Everyone kills ALL the tentacles.
    Burn Boss.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.
    Dead.
    My group has just started cho'gall and we are failing horribly on the adds. Is there anyone that can give me some insight on what we are doing wrong? We had 3 people on the second set of adds and the adds do not die fast enough.

Here is my WOL parse again any help would be great. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...ses&boss=43324
    I am not bipolar. I am bi-winning. I win here, I win there. I am always winning. Duh

Unless your AoE output is really weak the third lot of adds should be fairly simple but here is a few things that helped us.

We drop the adds on the stairs, try to keep the puddles as tight as you can so they aren't too spread at the start.
    The killing team need to be able to snare/aoe the adds as soon as they spawn so they will need to me a little distance from Cho but will need to move (if needed).
    The rest of the raid need to be as stacked as possible and right on cho's butt so the adds funnel into a central location.

If people are too spread out a lot of the adds will avoid the AoE damage. The adds are threat based and I know they usually go our DK tank or healers if there is limited dps on them so it is really important that they get close together.
    Also be prepared for a mind control on your AoE team, without a knock-back on your team you just have to break them out Asap
    Last edited by Barneebrown; 2011-03-27 at 02:05 AM.