Thread: I miss...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heroes of Might & Magic 3
    I still play it once or twice a year
    Sup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Not just that. Games that are actually longer usually are because they padded out gameplay by making you repeat stupid shit.
    That's the worst. "Now that you've completed this long and painful set of inane things, go do it again but this time faster!"

I might be in the minority here, but I really hate FF10's intro. I played 4 hours into that game and probably got 30 minutes of actual gameplay. The sequence goes like this: video, wall of text, walk over here, video, wall of text, video, wall of text, walk some more, wall of text, walk, text, walk, video, text... And it does this for what seems like an eternity. It made me so mad that I never bothered to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    That's the worst. "Now that you've completed this long and painful set of inane things, go do it again but this time faster!"

I might be in the minority here, but I really hate FF10's intro. I played 4 hours into that game and probably got 30 minutes of actual gameplay. The sequence goes like this: video, wall of text, walk over here, video, wall of text, video, wall of text, walk some more, wall of text, walk, text, walk, video, text... And it does this for what seems like an eternity. It made me so mad that I never bothered to finish it.
    I felt FFX was great BECAUSE of all the videos :P
    Sup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Good games such as Earthbound and Ocarina of Time.

Also I foresee a huge wave of WoW before it catered to casuals, gear being hard to get, etc...
    Mr, Fukken Saturn.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss spending all day during summer playing Shining Force while sucking on a Warhead lollipop with the window to my room up, letting in the warm summer air.

Ah, simpler times. Now I have to do adult stuff. Screw growing up. :|
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

There are so many games this thread is making me miss. I'll try and list a bunch I can think of now.

Gauntlet Legends
    Ocarina of Time
    Rock and Roll Racing
    Doom
    Super Mario Brothers
    Mario Brothers 3 (idk why, but I loved turning into that damn raccoon)
    Diablo 1 and 2
    Perfect Dark
    The first few Mortal Kombat games
    Pokemon Red/Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmenz View Post
    I felt FFX was great BECAUSE of all the videos :P
    Actually, the videos didn't really bother me that much (in fact, I really love FF videos), it was the combination of videos with extremely long sets of dialog and lack of any substantial gameplay in the first several hours that really put me off. Then again, I do think I'm in the minority on this one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velossa View Post
    I miss when Final Fantasy was more than just Pretty Graphics > Storyline. :|
    So true.. I've played FF7 many times just for the story. It's one of the games I wish they would remake for PS3/Xbox

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 01:57 PM ----------

Zombies ate my neighbors. I have it downloaded for the Wii

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss playing The Lost Word: Jurassic Park for PS1. I typed in the damned code for any level select so many freaking times that, even 13 years later, I still remember it from heart:
    Square, X, O, Triangle, Triangle, X, Square, O, Triangle, O, X, Square.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2011-03-24 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Year correction; was released in 4th QTR '97.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Fun Stuff Forums due to it changing into a forum game.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Actually, the videos didn't really bother me that much (in fact, I really love FF videos), it was the combination of videos with extremely long sets of dialog and lack of any substantial gameplay in the first several hours that really put me off. Then again, I do think I'm in the minority on this one.
    I didn't like it for its annoying and stupid characters plus its giant plot holes. Plus the sphere grid was garbage.

Loved its combat system though.

TMNT: Turtles in time, Arcade.
    Blackout Kick now causes the victim to wake up the next day and question their life choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari View Post
    ^ ^ v v < > < > (B) (A) (Start)
    Probotector

I miss not having to work so I could play games more. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Mr, Fukken Saturn.
    We are all Mr. Saturn...

Old style GTA's that really hurted my eyes. But i kept playing because it was so fun.

the 3d games, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Super Nintendo is still my most favoured video-game machine ever. Metroid, Super Mario, Donkey Kong... I feel sad for the children who grow up without those awesome, classic games
    This times 1000! SNES released the best games ever made, whether it was rpg's or action. Shadowrun, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 2 and 3, Chronotrigger....I can't imagine my childhood without these games.

iddqd + idkfa + spiked ring = Doom 1/2

the 2D Legend of Zelda games. Honestly... all I want to do is to be able to move Link or USE Link without using the fucking touchscreen. That's all I want. I can't stand DS Zelda games because of it and I really really miss playing the old Zelda games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to MAIM 32 all my old school memories are accessible on a whim. Anyone for Battletoads?