Thread: Ret AOE.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ret AOE.

The title itself is a joke, ret AOE lmao. Seriously though, struggling with DPS on maloriak HC, short of passing my spot for someone else, is there anything else I can do to up my AOE DPS? I'm perfectly happy to respec/reglyph specifically for this fight, does anyone have some sort of marvelous build that I've not read about?

Any help would be great

(also is there any graphics options that'll approve visabilty beneath demo locks hellfire and other AOE effects?)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I actually don't think you can do more than have Inquisition running with Consencration and Tons of Mastery perhaps so that your Divine Storm will Hit with more Holy dmg at the end. Holy Wrath is the next thing but that is only buffed though Inquisition.

But if your Raid is really thinking of not taking you for that fight just because you AoE isn't as Great as a Mage or something well that really sucks.

Nothing you can do. Use DS, keep Inq up, cons and HW, and run your single target on an add. All that we have.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    The title itself is a joke, ret AOE lmao. Seriously though, struggling with DPS on maloriak HC, short of passing my spot for someone else, is there anything else I can do to up my AOE DPS? I'm perfectly happy to respec/reglyph specifically for this fight, does anyone have some sort of marvelous build that I've not read about?

Any help would be great

(also is there any graphics options that'll approve visabilty beneath demo locks hellfire and other AOE effects?)
    Sit on the boss screw AE it's not part of our DPS arsenal, Half the time I figure it would be better to remove the DS talent in exchange for 1 point in AoS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

stay on the boss, maloriak is a joke of a fight anyway.

or...switch to seal of righteousness for adds and then switch back to SoT for boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveng330 View Post
    or...switch to seal of righteousness for adds and then switch back to SoT for boss
    SoR is a joke.Also you are going to get parried if you arent exp capped without SoT glyph.

SotR is also a dps loss with the swap. SotR shouldn't be on your bars, and frankly, I would remove it from you spellbook. And yes, as they said, if you can stay on the boss, do it.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

interesting. how long it will take from Blizzard to remove SotR from the game? if not entire seal mechanic...
    on Maloriak i'm staying at the boss, interrupting cast. but i'm using DS instead of CS, dropping consecration and popping up wings. it helps.
    in 4.1 i think our AoE will fine with DS generating HP charges
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Deleted
    Yep, if you can go Divine Storm on the adds staying on the boss (and when 4.1 comes, u also get HoPo) switch in your rotation CS with DS.
    But in any other situation stay on the boss, let's do the aoe thing to bladestorm warriors, mage or any other class with a good aoe abilty.

Divine Storm, SoR, Sanctity of Battle and maybe also other 2-3 talents must be revisited at the moment they are pretty useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still think as a Paladin you are more of a liability to unnecessary damage while running around doing shit for damage to the adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Speccing prot is also fine, I'm usually 3rd on damage done to add, behind our moonkin and firemage.
    But on topic, the other ret and me (when I didn't need to tank) were doing pretty fine, not tops, but a decent midfield I'd say.

@marinos: even with SoT you're going to get parried as those suckers are 88, makes them a pain to gather with triggerhappy dps..

10+ Year Old Account
    I just drop a consecrate, DS, then go to boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah all the stuff I'm doing already, with no sign of it getting better.. I guess when DS gives HP in 4.1 and we dont have to switch to CS or hope for HOL procs to refresh Inq it'll be better
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Yeah all the stuff I'm doing already, with no sign of it getting better.. I guess when DS gives HP in 4.1 and we dont have to switch to CS or hope for HOL procs to refresh Inq it'll be better
    It will only help in doing TVs and keeping Inq up but still the AOE part of ret is going to be bad.

How much dps do you get during the AoE'ness?

Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    interesting. how long it will take from Blizzard to remove SotR from the game? if not entire seal mechanic...
    IMO, Seal of Righteousness is a leveling seal and nothing more. Once you get Seal of Truth it should be used always unless you find yourself in that rare situation where Seal of Insight would be more beneficial. As for the Seal mechanic, I agree that its not the best system, but can you even imagine paladins without a Seal/Judgement system?? I can't either.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2011-03-25 at 03:23 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Considering they dumbed down the seal/judge mechanic to almost nothing but extra damage, it may as well not exist anymore.

if you feel AoE is necessary, pop Guardian and DS a little bit, wait till 15-20 stacks, pop Avenging Wrath, drop a Conc and DS/HW your heart out, dont forget to Templar and Exorcism when they proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

i sit on the boss and beat the piss outta him, but then i'm the guy that blocks arcane storm sooooo maybe volunteer for that duty?