Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    my coutnerspell requires 2 talent points to be not only an interrupt, but also a silence. i could use that 2 points for 2% haste instead. so i hurt my dps.

stop QQing.
    er yeah I think you're missing the point he has to sacrifice DPS talents just to GET silence you on the other hand are an idiot and sacrificed DPS talents to turn a spell you already had into a spell you don't need.

let's remember that this thread isn't "do shadowpriests need a viable pvp silence?" it's "why don't they have a viable interrupt?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Warrior: Pummel (10sec, All specs)
    Death Knight: Mind Freeze (10sec, All specs)
    Paladin: Rebuke (10sec, All specs)
    Hunter: Silencing Shot (20sec, Marksman)
    Hunter: Nether Shock (40sec, All specs [Nether Ray])
    Hunter: Pummel (30sec, All specs [Gorilla])
    Shaman: Wind Shear (6sec, All specs)
    Rogue: Kick (10sec, All specs)
    Druid: Skull Bash (10 sec, Feral; 1min, Balance, Restoration)
    Mage: Counterspell (24sec, All specs)
    Warlock: Spell Lock (24sec, All specs [Felhunter])
    Priest: Silence (45sec, Shadow [Requires 3 Talent Points])

Some of these are harder to use than others (low range without talents, requires shapeshift, etc.), but that's still almost everybody. Do we really need more interrupts than that?
    Balance druids have the option of speccing into Solar Beam aswell

if something blizz should remove some of the interupts instead of adding them. You mention locks and felhunter, well no one uses felhunter in PVE (not even affliction) locks. But that might change in 4.1 then afflicitons locks might start using it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heriana View Post
    Anyone else getting annoyed that we don't have one? (Speaking in terms of PvE here)
    No not at all. If you really feel the need to interrupt, just spend those extra points in Silence and drop a point in improved SW:P.
    Also, imagine how it would work in PvP, we'd have an interrupt, a silence, an AoE fear, a 6 second 90% damage reduction and Psychic Horror.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-03-25 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Nope, I'm happy with spriests with the way they are currently in PVE. If I wanna do something else other than just dpsing all the way I'd go on my rogue/shaman for interrupt duties or hunter for misdirects.

silence does count, because it is an interrupt regardless of its cd.. talking this way neither warlocks have an interrupt, because it requires a pet you're never gonna use in pve.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    my coutnerspell requires 2 talent points to be not only an interrupt, but also a silence. i could use that 2 points for 2% haste instead. so i hurt my dps.

stop QQing.
    Perhaps you should learn to read spell descriptions, and you will figure out that Counterspell doesn't require any talent points to interrupt. It requires you to talk to a trainer. So you spend two talent points to get Silence and we spend three to get it. The difference is we have no baseline interrupt. And yours is on a shorter cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbo4 View Post
    Nope, Classes are meant to be unique. If you feel the need to interupt, reroll.
    I love this. You never see anyone actually use this excuse when they want something, but as soon as another class asks for a basic tool the homogenization QQ begins. I think it was happening when people were discussing the Mind Sear buff and people were saying "Lol u want AoE l2reroll 2 maeg, ur class being bad at this makes it unique". The best part is you can use it deny people literally anything, with the excuse "being bad at that makes you unique".

Hell, even if they gave us Silence but made it just an interrupt, and had the talent add the actual Silence part to it it would be nice.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-25 at 12:10 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    You can get interrupt that you dont have to spec into, if all classes will get someway of dispelling opponent from their buffs or immunities (yes i want Mass Dispell on rogue/dk/lock/drood), is that ok with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    You can get interrupt that you dont have to spec into, if all classes will get someway of dispelling opponent from their buffs or immunities (yes i want Mass Dispell on rogue/dk/lock/drood), is that ok with you?
    If every single class apart from yours has an offensive Dispel as a baseline skill, then yes. But they don't. Shouldn't you be complaining about getting Skull Bash on your Druid, by the way? You don't need an interrupt either. It made your class unique not having one. Wasn't that fun?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    If every single class apart from yours has an offensive Dispel as a baseline skill, then yes. But they don't. Shouldn't you be complaining about getting Skull Bash on your Druid, by the way? You don't need an interrupt either. It made your class unique not having one. Wasn't that fun?
    Oh damn... i might have broken drood, 'cause I HAVE skull bash on her... Damn!
    Droods are tanks and Melee dmg dealers, so yes We Do Need interrupt.

Deleted
    HAving an interrupt would mean i have to do something other than dps so no thanks

Oh damn... i might have broken drood, 'cause I HAVE skull bash on her... Damn!
    Droods are tanks and Melee dmg dealers, so yes We Do Need interrupt.
    You didn't need one for the first five years of the game. And let's have a look at Paladins who got a baseline interrupt after six years. It's nice that you are so open with your double-standards though. Clearly if it's for your class, it's needed, but for another class it isn't.

This whole "If they get an ice cream, I want two ice-creams" thing is silly, by the way. Another class asking for a basic tool every single other class in the game gets as a trainer skill doesn't mean you need to be compensated for it somehow.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-25 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm... I might be wrong, BUT Bash was Drood interrupt...
    Paladins? I'm not sure, but wasnt Avenger's Shield an interrupt?

Hmm... I might be wrong, BUT Bash was Drood interrupt...
    Paladins? I'm not sure, but wasnt Avenger's Shield an interrupt?
    Bash is a Stun, not an Interrupt.
    Avengers Shield could be talented to have an Silence, which was made baseline.

And both had a baseline interrupt added to their class. Thank you for proving my point though, both of those classes had another thing that they could talent in to to use instead of an Interrupt (A Silence or a Stun, like how we can talent into Silence) and yet still had a baseline Interrupt added.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-25 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heket View Post
    HAving an interrupt would mean i have to do something other than dps so no thanks
    wat

Or should I say beth...?

But seriously, I have to whip my Felhunter out as Destro on Halfus Heroic, so lower the CD but leave the talent point requirement for it the same, because if you've played a destro lock at current tier, you'll realise how much damage the imp does for us, and it's not as if I was even switching to my succubus, it was my Felhunter, which is almost as bad as the Voidwalker...

Aswell as the obvious of losing out on the 7 Talent points that I've used to Improve my imp.

Don't wanna seem I'm saying no to spriests getting a reliable interupt, but it's not just Spriests that have to endurenot actually having a reliable interupt.
    Last edited by Ironlight the Warlock; 2011-03-25 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Bash is a Stun, not an Interrupt.
    Avengers Shield could be talented to have an Silence, which was made baseline.
    Bash was interrupt on mobs immune to stuns. But they removed it and gave droods Skull bash. Avenger's Shield was talentable... So is Silence. Like it, talent it, dont like? Keep walking...

Bash was interrupt on mobs immune to stuns. But they removed it and gave droods Skull bash. Avenger's Shield was talentable... So is Silence. Like it, talent it, dont like? Keep walking...
    So you are saying they should remove Silence and give us a baseline interrupt on a much shorter cooldown like they did with both Paladins and Druids? Thanks for your support. Honestly I am a little confused as to what you are so upset over this suggestion for. Are you afraid that Priests will suddenly be interrupting you constantly in PVP like they are some sort of devout Kanye West? Or is it that you are so selfish you can't stand seeing a class you don't play gain something without you gaining something too? Or is the dreaded homogenization monster ruining your game, as long as you don't have to give up anything you have gotten on your characters like Skull Bash?
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-25 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    If you will be tanking mobs? Yes!
    If you will be still just mere ranged dps slash healer? No F' way!

Once again a debate where PVE needs conflict with PVP. I'm only worried about balancing PVE. From a PVE perspective priests either need an interrupt or a CC. We WOULD have mind control if half the mobs in the game weren't immune to it for no apparent reason. Even then it would be the shittiest CC in the entire game as it also CC's us the entire time and it breaks if we take any damage. Most mobs we CC only have 1 ability to cast and it does about 5-9k dps. So we have to give up 2/3 of our DPS in order to CC. But, its shittyness aside, its real problem is that it only works on humanoids and half of them are made specially immune to it even though they aren't immune to any other form of CC.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSpam View Post
    I'd prefer to keep at least some distinction between the classes. I really don't like that any ranged class/spec has an interrupt as it's almost always the melee's job. Melee do it easily without GCD restriction. But going back to topic, there's other classes/spec's without an interrupt. 2/3 hunter specs, all warlocks (unless they use a fel hunter).
    unless the hunter picks up nether ray pet for an interrupt on a 40 sec cd (28 with BM):
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50479