10+ Year Old Account

[Other] Mortal Kombat Rebirth get a mini series

i just read online that mortal kombat rebirth will be getting a 10 episode mini series. for those of u who don't know what rebirth is it was a independent short film that was made as a movie pitch to Warner brothers as a reboot to the movies. http://www.fearnet.com/news/b22100_j...t_rebirth.html there is the link about the mini series.

here is the short film it does contain graphic content u have been warned.

i wish they made it into an actual movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    i wish they made it into an actual movie
    im just glad they are doing anything with it

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't neuter the violence and brutality that's associated with MK, I'll be happy. If they dumb down the kombat and turn it into a live-action cartoon, then there is no redemption ever coming to this franchise. The preview video shows it wants to be taken seriously and intends to play by hardcore rules, so here's hoping for the best! BTW, I like all the actors they have for the roles shown so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    As long as they don't neuter the violence and brutality that's associated with MK, I'll be happy. If they dumb down the kombat and turn it into a live-action cartoon, then there is no redemption ever coming to this franchise. The preview video shows it wants to be taken seriously and intends to play by hardcore rules, so here's hoping for the best! BTW, I like all the actors they have for the roles shown so far.
    Here is the actual trailer, this is FAR from neutered

Deleted
    Michael Jai White seems to play in it, so u dont need to worry about the martial arts skills.
    This guy is great.

If u want to see him in action watch Blood and Bone.

10+ Year Old Account
    sucks my volume isn't working , idk who the guy with the spikes is , but i do know the guy there interviewing is scorpion * white eyes no pupils*

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    sucks my volume isn't working , idk who the guy with the spikes is , but i do know the guy there interviewing is scorpion * white eyes no pupils*
    Baraka - spikes in arms
    Reptile - Nasty looking guy munching on flesh from the fridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    there we go ty Andunae havn't played MK since 01

Edit: volume works and i must say this looks like it will be really good. least my two favorites are in there , scorpion and sub zero
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2011-03-28 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    This was done ages ago in an attempt to sell a "real" Mortal Kombat movie to the Execs at various companies. Looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    This was done ages ago in an attempt to sell a "real" Mortal Kombat movie to the Execs at various companies. Looks awesome.
    If you imply that 2010 is "ages ago", then sure, it was ages ago. Other than that you are correct about it being an attempt to get some buy-in for a remake/reboot, which seems to have worked as there are 10 episodes ordered and being filmed currently.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm disappointed that Ian Anthony Dale is not involved in the series (Scorpion). Hopefully it's due to character reasons and he will be included in future episodes.
    Last edited by Gecko; 2011-03-28 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Awesome, this is great to hear. I'm so excited for this series.
    as i am to so for they have sonya,jax,reptile,baraka,scorpion,subzero and that chinease guy ( soo many lui's and kang's idk who he is), lets hope theres goro,kabal, and thank god jhonny cage is dead (hated his charecter)

The Scorpion guy likely not involved because he's on the Event.