10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Fringe renewed for full 4th season!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/24/fr...fourth-season/

Awesome news. One of the best shows on TV, IMO. Now someone get John Noble an Emmy.

YES!,
    I just started watching this show on monday and currently finished all the episodes in the first and second season. I pulled 2 all nighters watching Fringe and now sadly i'm hooked on it Fringe and I want more!. I will admit the first season wasn't the best, But it got better in Season 2 and its at its best in Season 3. !!!. Now I hope they pick up Chuck for a 5th season. I'm not ready to let it end in its 4th.

I'm actually a little surprised Fringe has been renewed, the viewing stats for s3 have been quite terrible in comparison to S1 & 2.
    Anyway, good stuff. Wouldn't have wanted the Fringe Multi-verse sotry to end incomplete

Deleted
    great news! watched 1,2 and most of 3 (missed a few so need to buy the box set or something, hate watching stuff online) so if there is a season 4 to be made, happy days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This show is amazing and this is definitely great news.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    i loved S 1 and 2 but i only watched 2 eps of S3, dunno why but didn't like it as much, does it get better again?

THANK GOD! Usually shows that get pushed to Friday are Fox's dumping ground to be canceled. I am so happy to see that it's picked back up!

Sweet, would have sucked if it didnt go on.

Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    i loved S 1 and 2 but i only watched 2 eps of S3, dunno why but didn't like it as much, does it get better again?
    I know what you mean, I probably would have bailed on S3 if it hadn't coincided with a mass hiatus of most of the main shows I watch. S3 is rather weak to start off with, but it does get a bit better. It's still very much the melodrama love story between Peter and 'Liv but the Multiverse storyline is opening up now and hey

***Spoiler***

***Spoiler***

***Spoiler***

***Spoiler***

Belly is back!
    Sort of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it is :/

15+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't have any competition on Friday, only Supernatural and CSI:NY are the only other scripted shows in its time slot. Everything else is reality based.

I'm actually very surprised. It's really a lackluster show and it's lost a lot of it's viewers.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 11:11 AM ----------

It doesn't have a lot of competition on Fridays because Friday is kind of the deadslot. Alot of shows that get moved to the Friday timeslots are on it's last leg and is just riding out the rest of its contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one question... I'm a little more than halfway through the first season and I did enjoy the first couple of episodes quite a bit, but now it is starting to get stale. John Noble is great, but each episode has him craving a different type of junk food which was funny at first and now annoying. Also, it seems somewhat formulaic at this point:

1. Episode begins with someone dying in a horrible and usually graphic way.
    2. Olivia and friends investigate
    3. Broyles knows much more than he lets on and he and Olivia have a back and forth about it at some point.

Its starting to bore me actually... does it get any better towards the end of S1 or start of S2?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
    Just one question... I'm a little more than halfway through the first season and I did enjoy the first couple of episodes quite a bit, but now it is starting to get stale. John Noble is great, but each episode has him craving a different type of junk food which was funny at first and now annoying. Also, it seems somewhat formulaic at this point:

3. Broyles knows much more than he lets on and he and Olivia have a back and forth about it at some point.

Its starting to bore me actually... does it get any better towards the end of S1 or start of S2?
    The story line begins to develop near the end of season one.

15+ Year Old Account

That's the way it is with a lot of shows - they develop a rather strict formula (Freak of the Week being a common one). However, Fringe (and many other shows) begin to diverge away from that in favour of a larger story arc. I could barely watch Season 1, but having made it through it, I found Season 2 and 3 much more enjoyable.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice. was planning to start season 2 this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    That's the way it is with a lot of shows - they develop a rather strict formula (Freak of the Week being a common one). However, Fringe (and many other shows) begin to diverge away from that in favour of a larger story arc. I could barely watch Season 1, but having made it through it, I found Season 2 and 3 much more enjoyable.
    Yeah. I actually gave up on the show midway through the first season. A friend urged me to watch it again near the end of the 1st season, but I figured it was as good as dead anyway. Watched the last few episodes on rerun right before the 2nd season started, and I'm very glad I did. Like some other shows, they took a while to find their footing. But they're off and running now. Season 2 was excellent, and the 3rd season has been very good so far.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    I'm actually very surprised. It's really a lackluster show and it's lost a lot of it's viewers.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 11:11 AM ----------

It doesn't have a lot of competition on Fridays because Friday is kind of the deadslot. Alot of shows that get moved to the Friday timeslots are on it's last leg and is just riding out the rest of its contract.
    Lackluster?!?!?! Maybe to someone who only watched the first 2/3 of the first season. Anyone watching from season 2 on intently would never use that word.

They "lost their audience" in the first season. I was one of them. Shame. The show got really good. Just a little too late for some I guess.

Either way, they (FOX) said they moved it to Friday because they wanted to shake Fridays up. The fact that they're bringing it back says they meant that.

And when did Fridays become the death slot exactly? In the early 80s, it was the one of if not the best night on TV. Weird.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

I really like the show. Season 3 is taking up a ton of space on my DVR I just need to start watching

It helps that Olivia (Anna Torv) is hawt as hell

10+ Year Old Account

Keep going until season 3, you won't regret it!
    There's still the monster of the week episodes, but along with them, there will monsters and the series mythology involved. And a mind blowing [insert the spoiler here] revelation in the end of season 1, then by season 2, we get a another mind blowing by it's end.

Season 3 ending is approaching and I don't have a mind to blow up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Yeah. I actually gave up on the show midway through the first season. A friend urged me to watch it again near the end of the 1st season, but I figured it was as good as dead anyway. Watched the last few episodes on rerun right before the 2nd season started, and I'm very glad I did. Like some other shows, they took a while to find their footing. But they're off and running now. Season 2 was excellent, and the 3rd season has been very good so far.

Lackluster?!?!?! Maybe to someone who only watched the first 2/3 of the first season. Anyone watching from season 2 on intently would never use that word.

They "lost their audience" in the first season. I was one of them. Shame. The show got really good. Just a little too late for some I guess.

Either way, they (FOX) said they moved it to Friday because they wanted to shake Fridays up. The fact that they're bringing it back says they meant that.

And when did Fridays become the death slot exactly? In the early 80s, it was the one of if not the best night on TV. Weird.
    Fridays had The X-Files, which was the only successful show. Firefly, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which were all fans cult, but couldn't handle a good ratings for fridays. It's the worst day for television overall.

But Fringe is mantaining a higher audience on Fridays since The X Files, and I believe (not sure now) it has the highest DVR ratings from all shows.

The only problem with Fringe for casual viewers is that if you miss some episodes, you'll get very lost on what's going on, hence why they try to keep the monster-of-the-week feature, so casuals can still have something to watch.

Like I said before, Season 1 is very different, and the 3rd season now is really really interesting, the mithology of the show, I can't really go on without spoiling.