10+ Year Old Account

demo vs destro - cho'gall

doing 10m cho'gall and my raid had me go demo which i think is the easiest of the 3 specs but the hard casts and rng of meta cd i really dislike.

i'm contemplating dropping demo altogether and respeccing my secondary to an alternative destro w/ -1 mana feed -1 shadowburn and putting 2 pts into aftermath.

perhaps its just me but the benefit of shadowfury far outweighs the benefit of lolstorm + immo aura on this fight. hellfire range being so gimped right now i just don't see it as useful on this encounter.

thoughts? suggestions?

seems easy on 25m, probably more aoe for slimes and extra slows. maybe our raid comp too, not really sure.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel comfortable being so closet to adds lol, destro is way better for the fight, even though the aoe fails.
    No Signature. Seriously. None.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably retitle this thread Affliction vs Destro because being demo on cho gall is just silly. No reason to be demo on this fight unless there is no ele shaman in the raid.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    we didn't have an ele sham.

our raid comp tonight was as follows

pally tank
    war tank
    feral druid
    mm hunter <-- derp
    fire mage
    myself (normally destro but demo tonight )
    ass rogue
    resto druid
    holy paly
    holy priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Aftermath isn't worth it, especially if you're dropping Shadowburn. That spell is pretty much amazing on any fight with adds and means unlimited soul shards for an entire fight. Destro is the best spec for the fight, with affliction a close second. You've got a hunter - drop traps!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    we didn't have an ele sham.

our raid comp tonight was as follows

pally tank
    war tank
    feral druid
    mm hunter <-- derp
    fire mage
    myself (normally destro but demo tonight )
    ass rogue
    resto druid
    holy paly
    holy priest

What's wrong with MM hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    he normally would be surv for chogall for entrapment? +trap mastery also.

i am thinking perhaps rather than dropping shadowburn i just drop mana feed.

there was a great deal of rng tonight, worship on hunter right after adherent dies = no traps to slow slimes. rogue trying to FoK and getting shit on w/ corrupted blood. 10m is more difficult than 25m w/ less aoe imo
    Last edited by helheim; 2011-03-25 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizeth View Post
    Aftermath isn't worth it, especially if you're dropping Shadowburn. That spell is pretty much amazing on any fight with adds and means unlimited soul shards for an entire fight. Destro is the best spec for the fight, with affliction a close second. You've got a hunter - drop traps!
    Affliction is definitely the better spec for cho gall bud.
    @ OP ..Not sure if you are doing it on heroic on 10 man but if its normal you should only use 2 healers 3 is kinda overkill.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Affliction is definitely the better spec for cho gall bud.
    @ OP ..Not sure if you are doing it on heroic on 10 man but if its normal you should only use 2 healers 3 is kinda overkill.
    got some reasoning for this? imp SoC + soul swap? imp howl? everything i've seen up to this point is leading me to the notion that shadowfury > *, so i'm having a hard time seeing why affliction or demo would be worth it in 10m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowfury seems very much uneeded since there is more than a handful of interupts other than just your shadowfury by looking at your raid comp.
    You should be able to get more dps as affliction aswell not a whole lot more than destro but a decent enough amount to warrant being affliction over destro. Also the healing through affliction is amazing...the soul swaps to adherents and the imp soc on the bloods.

I don't recommend going demo for this fight at all ... it just doesn't fit well due to fight mechanics.

If you really wanted to cheese it out you can get to 100% corrupted blood and have your firemage pyro spam until p2 or you could do it yourself with soulfire doesn't matter who just one of you.

And lastly idk if your warrior knows this but if he has spell reflect up when chogall has flame order it negates all the fire damage while the spell reflect buff is up. so if its glyphed he can pretty much negate all that damage.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-03-25 at 10:17 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    If you really wanted to cheese it out you can get to 100% corrupted blood and have your firemage pyro spam until p2 or you could do it yourself with soulfire doesn't matter who just one of you.
    Does iron boot flask or noggenfoger elixir remove the faceless form and make you healable again or was that a myth to begin with?

Deleted
    if you don't have anyone else to work the MC, go destro. Otherwise, affli is just OP. Keep your SE up on Chogall while you nuke the add(s) though. Don't turn around to nuke, you can cast SoC behind you. And pick up Soulburn: SoC for this. it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by zathoga View Post
    Does iron boot flask or noggenfoger elixir remove the faceless form and make you healable again or was that a myth to begin with?
    That used to work, but I'm pretty sure it's been hotfixed now.