Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    when running the headsets on a pc you need either a sound card with a built in amplifier or an external amplifier. Makes a huge difference. What sound card do you have?

or plug the phones into an av receiver to hear them the way they were meant to be heard.

http://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=...d=0#msg1906482

That discussion should help give a little insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shi....

I think you found some really nice ones in those Psychos!!

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post

Nearly swallowed my gum....1K for headphones...you must be high on something if you bought those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Holy shi....

Nearly swallowed my gum....1K for headphones...you must be high on something if you bought those.
    Because those headphones are like totally aimed for home use.

Psykos used to be 400$, they're available at my local store for 195$ CAD.
    when running the headsets on a pc you need either a sound card with a built in amplifier or an external amplifier. Makes a huge difference. What sound card do you have?

or plug the phones into an av receiver to hear them the way they were meant to be heard.

So I should get some kind of amplifier? I currently used a Steelseries (I know, not the best, does the job for now) USB soundcard that amps my bass with every headphones I use. Kind of works the same way?

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Even thought some people hate Bose, they do make really high-end stuff.

Well...price comes with it.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-x...-stx-review/18

Using this one myself, absolutely amazing for it's price!

Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm versions.

Closed circumaurals. Lots of studio engineers use them. I'm a former multimedia engineer and I can wear these things for 12 hours straight. I listen to everything from the Von Karajan Beethoven Masterwork Symphonies to 80s funk like Zapp. These cans have more bass then you'll ever need. Seriously.

Short of that, the Sennheiser PC 350s are sweet and have a very nice boom mic.

The razer Megalodon

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    when running the headsets on a pc you need either a sound card with a built in amplifier or an external amplifier. Makes a huge difference. What sound card do you have? Edit: sorry just noticed you mentioned it.

Last edited by dicertification; 2011-03-25 at 08:46 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Currently have a Razer Megalodon, been through a few headsets, by far, id recommend the megalodon though, amazing sound quality, Microphone is just amazing, clear as all hell.

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/eink..._headsets.html

Check this, they're one of the most established PC gaming magazines in the EU and I tend to trust them when it comes to their tests&reviews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Razer Megalodon.
    Why?

Very comfy
    7.1 Surround
    range from 20 to 20,000 kHz
    automatic noise filtering from the mic
    Nifty little block to control all volume levels for mic as well as output
    and its extremely robust, it can take a good beating since Razer knows that gamers will throw their gear around from time to time. :P
    This.

I got 1 myself and im loving it! I've had LOTS of diffrent headset and this one is awesome, I wish I had gotten it way back

Deleted
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...roduction.html
    Corsair HS1 USB gaming headset.. Got em myself

Corsair HS1 is decent for a budget headset, but I highly doubt OP wants to settle with a budget headset if he actually has money.

Just get Steelseries 7h already. End of story

10+ Year Old Account
    I purchased the gamecom 777 headset about a week ago and the 7.1 surround sounds amazing and the mic quality is superb. Its both a usb and analog headset. $55 from buy.com with free shipping and here is the link.
    http://www.buy.com/prod/plantronics-...216059354.html

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Dulkinis View Post
    Just get Steelseries 7h already. End of story
    Heard REALLY good things about those.
    Since atm I use Steelseries headphones and they're absolutely amazing, I'd go for them. Apparently they're even better!

NOTE: Siberia headsets used to be (are they still, or that's Astro?) used by MLG for their tournaments and LANs. Heck, it's even featued in Basshunter's nerd DotA LAN party!

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I purchased the gamecom 777 headset about a week ago and the 7.1 surround sounds amazing and the mic quality is superb. Its both a usb and analog headset. $55 from buy.com with free shipping and here is the link.
    http://www.buy.com/prod/plantronics-...216059354.html
    For the price, I have no doubt that they're as good as advertised, only thing is that I'm open to something a little bit more expensive since I can afford it. Even if they're really good for what they are, I can still get better from, say, Sennheiser, Logitech (high-end series, that is), Steelseries, Astro Gaming or Sony (they do make some really nice and expensive headsets, thought they aren't for "gaming".

Also, I find it funny how in Europe, Razer Megalodons are more expensive than Sennheiser PC 360s. Here, Sennheisers are twice the price of Razers hehe.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm versions.
    Beyerdynamics are really nice for the price, apparently.

Should had asked that to the girlfriend for xmas instead of "some good headphones" (got Beats Pro. I mean, they're still really good, but I feel like i'd get a lil bit more outta Beyerdynamics for 450$)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but how many of the other shit listed in here can have all those useful accessories? Of course, they come at a price, but the OP doesn't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Holy shi....

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    ***I've had alot of replies/msgs about Sennheiser headsets.

I like them, but from all the pairs I tried, the bass is definitely lacking compared to other headsets/headphones. I know thought that the sound is AMAZING and clear, but still, lack of bass. It's more for acoustics.

I'm also an audiophile, and I want/need bass just as much as I need clear and loud sound.
    If you want bass, Sony MDR-XB700 is your friend (3-30000Hz)! VERY comfortable headphones also! Love 'em!
    Last edited by mmocd4b4abd9ea; 2011-03-28 at 09:55 AM.

I'm surprised noone has recommended the Roccat Kave headset. Real 5.1 (4 x 40mm speakers in each cup), the volume control on the wire can control front/rear/sub. 20-20.000 KHz sound range. Can't find them on newegg though, probably because Roccat is an European brand (Germany to be exact). I'm just waiting for the next payday so i can get my Roccat Kave and the Roccat Kone+ mouse.

You can find the headset on their site though: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...ave-5-1/#crb_1