Cool Casting Macro Help Needed

I play a Boomkin and am trying to get a macro that will attempt to cast starsurge after I cast Wrath or Starfire. I copied 2 macro's from different Boomer guides and neither would work. I get a msg saying starsurge is not ready, even though it's not on CD. The current macro I am using is as follows;
    /showtooltip wrath
    /castsequence wrath
    /cast starsurge

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TY in advance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    like Wrath, Wrath, wrath, starsurge

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 03:03 AM ----------

Damn it deleted the first half
    #showtooltip Wrath
    /castsequence Wrath, Starsurge

and if you want more use the above sequence or some variation thereof, also you have to keep pushing the button over and over again, the reason it says Starsurge is not ready is because youre trying to push two buttons in one GCD with that macro, doing sequence separates them so you just have to push the button again for it to move to the second half of that macro

The above macro won't work as if Starsurge fails it will not return to Wrath.

Best you could do would be to work out how many Wrath you can fit inbetween Starsurge's and make a cast sequence with that many casts in.
    Problem there is when you switch from Wrath to Starfire it messes up.

Other than spamming a /castrandom macro and losing out those vital milliseconds when it fails theres no real way to macro this.

TY for the responses. I wonder why 2 different Boomer Guides had Starsurge macro's. Odd. Thx again for the help.

That macro was somewhat of an exploit usable because of a bug, which has since been fixed.