10+ Year Old Account

Al'akir 10n issues?

I can't make heads and tails of this.
    First night of tries stats
    Second night of tries stats
    Is it a numbers issue or tactics? Best we got him was at 26%, try number 8.
    Thanks for any help.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's tactics. No reason why with your numbers he shouldn't go down. I may say that perhaps you're not dealing adds/Feedback properly prolonging Phase 2 too much, but obviously I don't know for sure.

Deleted
    Somewhat hard to tell if dps is an issue at all considering how long the tries are lasting.
    In p1 have the raid spread out so that you have 1, maximum of 2 on each of the crown looking things on the floor (where the chains leave the platform) to minimise the damage by lightning strike. Move into melee range of the boss when wind burst is incoming, if there is a line of tornadoes coming your way think ahead, do you need to move towards them to be safe for the wind burst? or maybe move away till after the wind burst has hit then move through? Players should avoid the ice storms at all costs, but a neat trick is that hand of freedoms and similar spells will allow you to take no damage when moving over them.

In p2 my guild has found it easiest to wait for 3 stormlings to spawn, then nuke 1 and just kill 1 new one each time the debuff has 2-5secs left. Use bloodlust and other 'long' cooldowns when the boss has around 9 stacks. Another thing to remember is that immunity effects such as iceblock should be used when the stacks of acid raid are getting high to help the healers.

P3 is easy, you just need to survive. If you get the lightning rod, move away from the raid by strafing left or right (Do NOT go up or down). Handle the clouds by going up to the top first, get 3 clouds there, then move to the bottom, get 3 more clouds, then back to the top and repeat. (This is not the only way to handle them I know but this is how I have been doing it)

Edit: Electrocute seems to be an issue in your logs, does your tank know how to handle it? When you get the debuff you need to move into melee range to cause alakir to stop casting and melee hit instead
    Last edited by mmoceb4e92c58a; 2011-03-25 at 08:37 AM.

on your best try your DK went down and you didnt Bres him even though you have 2 druids.

also save lust/hero for p3, you can get through p2 with proper add kills ad decent DPS before acid rain gets too high(12-13 is where healers begin to have problems generally) for adds my group has a hunter assigned to them, he waits till the 4th one spawns then starts taking them out one at a time, when he get to 25% he has 8 stacks and we usually have a spare add up going into p3.

for p3 tell your healers to not be bad, thats pretty much just how it has to be, if you use the feet-waist-head-chest strat you can prolong p3 until hard enrage so long as the lightning rod targets get away from people.

just looking at your prot warrior(class i play), i see he is using almost completely the wrong abilities. only 3 shield blocks in a 5 minute fight, 8 shield slams, 2 revenges, 4 shockwaves, no demo shouts cast, etc.

i could find more but its late and i dont want to go through each person's spell casts and see where they can improve, if they wanted to get better they would be on here instead of you doing it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

It looks like a little bit of everything.

Wipe one is chain lightning hitting too many people. You need to work on spreading people out around the platform in order to avoid that, and tell people to shift away from anyone moving in their direction to dodge through squall lines.

Wipe two is chain lightning again, then the shaman gets picked up by a squall line, and the mage stands in the ice storm for 7 seconds. The squall line is usually not fatal, but the other two are. The ice storm, in fact, hurts.

Wipe three your priest gets aggro at the beginning. We've had him bug so that he starts casting electrocute on someone at range even after the tank has threat and is getting melee'd, which I assume is what happened here, and if you catch it happening you can have that person run into melee range and it'll dissipate. Later your tank gets caught in a squall line, which can never happen and is the real cause of the wipe.

Wipe Four is lightning killing a healer which eventually kills the tank. Here the shaman is getting the initial trigger and the lightning chained from 3 other people, which is healable sometimes, but his quadrant happens to get targeted twice in a row and it's just too much for him.

Wipe Five is you just taking way too long in p2. You need to get six or seven stacks of the debuff, bloodlust, and get through that phase faster.

Wipe Six your rogue dies because of lightning strike chaining four times again, and because he doesn't get any direct heals for ~17s. Presumably your healers were squall-lined/otherwise trying to deal with that much lightning damage. Your mage and feral druid also die to insufficient heals vs. the amount of damage taken, again, I'd guess because your healers were overwhelmed or had range issues. Your tank then dies to getting hit by a squall line, which, as far as I'm aware, is always going to be a wipe.

Wipe Seven, EVERYONE gets lightning strike'd. Kills half your raid. Delicious.

Wipe Eight is the exact same situation as wipe 5. You just take too long in p2. Part of that is your feedback stacks only reach four -- twice that would be more reasonable.

Wipe Nine is lightning strike chaining four times.

Wipe Ten your hunter doesn't get a direct heal for... as long as the death log goes back. Almost a minute. Then your tank dies just because of insufficient healing.

Wipe Eleven, your tank stands in a squall line. Still always a wipe.

Wipe Twelve, the rogue gets three lightning strikes after getting hit by a squall line and Wind Burst. Probably salvageable with fast thinking, but it's mostly his fault. The Feral Druid just doesn't get heals, and without the DPS, p2 Acid Rain just wears you down.

Wipe Thirteen the tank and the squall line meet, then break up. By which I mean, he dies.

Wipe Fourteen, the Tank and the squall line have a tumultuous affair. The Squall line's Husband, Electrocute, finds out and kills the tank.

Wipe Fifteen, the tank and the squall line are reunited, declare their love for one another, and go off to live happily ever after. Except he's totally, totally dead.

So: you need to spread out more; you need more DPS for p2, primarily by stacking feedback higher; and your tank needs to not get hit by squall line. Generally speaking, nobody should ever get hit in p2, and there should be yelling if someone is. Ice Storm is also bad, and should be avoided as much as reasonably possible. He's one of those bosses that 'clicks' when you finally get him down, so don't despair too much -- just work on shoring up your positioning/movement and work on your timing with stormlings, and you'll get the kill.
    Last edited by Tartilus; 2011-03-25 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    also save lust/hero for p3, you can get through p2 with proper add kills ad decent DPS before acid rain gets too high(12-13 is where healers begin to have problems generally) for adds my group has a hunter assigned to them, he waits till the 4th one spawns then starts taking them out one at a time, when he get to 25% he has 8 stacks and we usually have a spare add up going into p3.

for p3 tell your healers to not be bad, thats pretty much just how it has to be, if you use the feet-waist-head-chest strat you can prolong p3 until hard enrage so long as the lightning rod targets get away from people.
    Bad advice. Considering you're able to drag P3 out forever and the fact that stacking acid rain is the only part of the fight that requires you to have high dps to get past the "soft enrage'ish" breakpoint you're much MUCH better off using BL in P2. The quicker it's over, the more mana healers will have for P3 aswell, making the dragging out no problem as there is close to no damage.

Deleted
    P3 is easy and you have tons of time to do it since you can just dive back down without taking that huge damage if it's absolutely required: and if you have everyone alive it shouldn't be.

P2 can be done without BL if you manage the debuff stacks well - I did it by accident as raid leader and we were at 8 stacks when phase changed, but why bother when it's the dps race phase? We pop BL at 4 or 5 stacks, sometimes lower if I've failed the stacking and we wouldn't reach high enough fast enough. I handle the adds until BL alone as fury warrior and sometimes shit happens, but usually it needs to be pretty bad to cause a wipe as my tactic of waiting until 3 adds are up and then starting to kill the adds at relatively liberal pace (I solo it and can't give timers as I don't time it - I kill them once I feel like it's time to kill an add) is relatively idiot proof. Once there's a moment when all adds are down I tell other dps to instantly pop adds as they spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your inputs fellas. Much appreciated.
    Basically it comes down to: much more stacks of Feedback, maybe groups of 2 instead of 1s placement and some personal player hicups. It's still an annoying fight, because you can't control RNG..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    You need to work out the best way of stacking up feedback for you, ovbiously, it should only be ranged on those.

The way we do it is with a tank picking it up, tanking the first 2, and as the third is about to spawn, the first is killed by me (Fire mage) I put LB on each when they spawn and dps the boss very little at this point. I personally then nuke each add with tank dps, barely doing any more than keeping LB and scorch on the boss. I also make sure to watch the dbm timer for the add, calling out at 5 seconds if i don't think i can get it, i get an instant or 2 of help from our hunters. in our last kill, i was basically alone on the first 6, and had a hunter helping on 7 and 8, when we went into P3, popped hero and nuked.

As a note, i did 1million damage to the adds, the tank did 600, the hunter did 200k on our last kill. The other 4 dps did 0 damage to adds. We also reset stacks at 10 and pop healy cooldowns on 12, ready to phase change on the 13th or so.