Deleted

Disc and Surge of Light

Been looking at some diff Disc Specs and none of them have Surge of light in them. Tryed speccing for it and it seems to a good way of conserving mana so basicly my question is am i missing something or isnt it viable as disc?

I had it for a while, but it didn't seem to get as much use as my Holy spec...
    This could be because you're relying on Shields more and using Penance which isn't included in the tooltip

It's a matter of how you prefer to play, I got rid of it and went Desperate Prayer and 1/2 Inspiration for PvP.

Attonement spec works great with Surge of Light, proc's off of Smite and Heal

Was testing it on Heroics last night, and I got free Flash Heals all the time, good fun.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to run with it, but since much of my "rotation" in pvp is based on instant spells and not that much casting time heals i found it better to spec into something else.
    Thanks to Sioni for my signature picture

Specced in it to try it during Maloriak HC (dark fase) when i'm Shielding / Remove CD / Shield <- repeat on the Maloriak tank.
    And the instant FH counts as a normal heal so very happy with it atm. Stuck with it for now and seems to proc whenever i need it.

Imo spec for it when u are on tank duty, does wonders for the Weakend Soul cooldown.

I use it in my Atonement spec, but not my tankheal spec. When weaving Smites and GreaterHeals, it procs all the friggin time. Not that I'd mind having it in my tankheal spec, but I just can't find the points for it.

I agree with Dujith, it is very handy when healing tanks... And also is very great if your are just running dungeons... As a raid Disc-healer i woulden't go for it thou... But i also only play priest as my alt

Oh I agree, it's handy as can be and I'd LOVE to have it in my tankheal build. Can either of you link your talents so I can see how you managed to fit it in? Once I get the ones I see as "mandatory" for tankhealing, I just can't fit it in.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochr:qVc

Buts thats for specific fights. Since i dont go oom when shielding the tank constantly i dont need the reduced CD on my pet for example.

Thank you very much, Dujith. I personally am addicted to Desperate Prayer, so I may try to find a point to sneak out for it, but that's a solid build that keeps the important parts. I don't have a RestoShaman in my 10man so I had been keeping Veiled Shadows, but I'm honestly not using the little guy as much lately so I think I was just still taking it out of habit.

this is how i usually fit it in, in the holy tree it's a toss up between 2/2 inspiration and 1/2 inspiration and 1/1 desperate prayer.

http://wowtal.com/#k=vetAPR__s.ala.priest.-5YcUU

Ya, I don't take Inspiration for support or raidhealing roles, but always considered it very important to tankhealing (which was the main reason I couldn't find points for SoL.) I'll give it a try this weekend without DP and then again with DP and 1/2 Insp. Thanks a bunch guys (and I came here to help, lol...love this community).

Deleted
    Ty for all the good reply's so used to get flamed at on shaman forum so its nice to see some ppl still have a good behaviour