Deleted

Finkle's Mixer Upper

So I've seen quite a few locks who have attained the heroic version of this wand. I assume this is because the only other epic wand (359) is so hard to come by. I was just wondering what other locks thought about this, because as far as I can see, it really isn't much of an upgrade from the 346 wands you can get (I currently have Corla's Baton), if it is even an upgrade at all. Are these other locks just trying to boost their ilvl? Or does anyone know if there's actually some sort of a benefit to taking it over the 346 items?

I'm not looking for anyone to simcraft it or anything (unless someone already has done so), I was just hoping that someone with decent napkin math could put my mind at ease.

Thanks.

int is worth about 3 times as much as secondary stats, there's your answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Well according to my latest simcraft results, hit is right up there with SP (with int being only double haste, not triple), and Corla's baton has more Hit on it than could be reforged to on Finkle's (around 20 more), so it's not quite as simple (at least for my simple mind) as you make out. But I do get your point.

I just see the straight out "dps" increase as so minimal, that I would feel dirty wearing the wand. Especially when it would be replaced with the 359 item as soon as possible. But then, that's why I posted here - to see if I had missed anything.

Cheers for the reply.
    Last edited by mmoc036d815dcb; 2011-03-25 at 11:39 AM.

For locks, haste can be as worth as int, at high gear levels. Generalizations are bad.
    And a 346 can be better then a 359 if you trade a good secondary stat for a bad secondary stat + a few int.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

he asked for napkin math, not simcraft, so thats what I gave him.

Deleted
    he asked for napkin math, not simcraft, so thats what I gave him.
    Yeah fair enough. I appreciate your reply.

Deleted
    If you go from Corla's Baton to the heroic version of finkle's mixer then youre in essence trading

24 of hit/haste(/or parry or dodge, but youre a lock, so hit and haste it is) for
    +26int
    +13 mastery.
    Seems like a no brainer to me.

If we're discussing the normal 359 the gain is still
    +12 int
    +4 mastery
    -27 hit.
    Still seems like a fair tradeoff if intellect in 2x better than any secondary stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    If you go from Corla's Baton to the heroic version of finkle's mixer then youre in essence trading

24 of hit/haste(/or parry or dodge, but youre a lock, so hit and haste it is) for
    +26int
    +13 mastery.
    Seems like a no brainer to me.

If we're discussing the normal 359 the gain is still
    +12 int
    +4 mastery
    -27 hit.
    Still seems like a fair tradeoff if intellect in 2x better than any secondary stat.
    Thanks. So it would definitely be a lot bettert than the 346 than I had estimated. Though, with hit currently at 2.1, and int at 2.8 on my simcraft, the 359 is pretty much even with, or slightly better than, the 372. Thanks mate

I just hate the idea of wearing dirty spirit gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aedum View Post
    I just hate the idea of wearing dirty spirit gear
    if it´s better than your current gear then there´s nothing wrong with that.
    but please, let your priests have it first =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Well it's funny you should mention that, as our priest was willing to pass on it for me a few weeks ago as everyone understands my frustration on the 359 wand, but I would have felt too dirty, so I passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Did that just last night funnily enough, shadow priest was well pleased when he got his "Cataclysmically Epic".
    Got to admit I was tempted though, I've seen ppl asking 80k for the trash wand on my server and even those are few and far between.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    Did that just last night funnily enough, shadow priest was well pleased when he got his "Cataclysmically Epic".
    Got to admit I was tempted though, I've seen ppl asking 80k for the trash wand on my server and even those are few and far between.
    Ask to borrow it for a second to unlock the achievement. Two hour trade time is win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take the heroic wand over a blue if absolutely nobody needed it. It is better without a doubt ...Luckily I have my boe epic wand and i got it on AH for 2k gold /flex

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'd take the heroic wand over a blue if absolutely nobody needed it. It is better without a doubt ...Luckily I have my boe epic wand and i got it on AH for 2k gold /flex
    I'd slap you if I could, sir.