Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Trinket Advice

Hello there fellow shamans

Last night I won Fall of Mortality and also had enough valor to buy my Tier Chest. Unfortunately I now have a bit of a dilemma and wondered if anyone could help.

I usually raid with 2200 spirit but having swapped these two items I now only have 1775. I was using Mandala of the Stirring Patterns and am wondering if I should keep using it or if the spirit proc on Fall of Mortality will be sufficient. I have bad memories of having real mana issues when I started raiding in the middle of February, but since improving my gear I have recently had no mana problems, except on Cho'gall who we finally defeated last night.

I cannot post links but you can find my character on the armory, Kyrassa on Scarlet Crusade (US)

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Deleted
    You should be fine, especially since the T11-Bonus stacks with Mana-Tide.

The Fall of Mortality will translate to roughly 300 MP5. And with the 4-Piece-Bonus you can have the 540 extra Spirit up all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 set is helpful, but with sub 2k spirit from gear you might start seeing mana problems again. Look to reforge some of your extra stats over to spirit if it becomes a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stick with the Fall of Mortality. Int is a primary stat and is much better than spirit. Like Tom said, look to reforge your secondary stats such as your haste or crit.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

which second trinket do you use? you only mentioned mandala and the cho gal thing, but is the other one?

Sorry my other trinket is vibrant alchemist stone

DMC: T and Vibrant Alchemist Stone ftw.

Forget where I saw the chart but it basically comes down to this. If you are a Resto Shaman and you don't have DMC: T, get DMC: T! If you are a Resto Shaman and still don't have DMC: T, wtf are you doing go get DMC: T!
    A glimpse inside the meaning, leaves me wanting for the stare.

Really? I was told that pre raid vibrant stone and mandala was best. Dont really wanna have to buy a trinket when I have decent ones already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglerocker View Post
    Really? I was told that pre raid vibrant stone and mandala was best. Dont really wanna have to buy a trinket when I have decent ones already
    Pre-raid, Vibrant and DMC: Tsunami is better than Vib+Mandala.

You don't "have" to buy a new trinket, but Tsunami is "better".

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a reliable source. Check the trinkets on Vixsin's spreadsheet:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CKXZ89ML#gid=0
    Here is a link to the trinket math and full write up:
    http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1886

Your FoM is an upgrade from Mandala. Keep in mind that the proc is worth a constant 482 spirit + the 1775 you have in paper doll.

The benefit of DMC:Tsu is that the 400 constant gain spirit works for MTT.

Spirit procs are generally never wasted whereas Int procs can be. So that's why static INT is prefered. If you get another epic weapon you can try heartsong enchant and then use the one you have currently for your elemental spec.

I'm guessing that you mostly raid 10's. Either way, your haste is really high and between breakpoints. I would reforge a lot of that to get more mastery or to adjust your spirit to a comfortable level.

If however you want to go haste heavy, at least drop some crit for haste and get to the next break point.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

Thanks so much for your helpful replies

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Pre-raid, Vibrant and DMC: Tsunami is better than Vib+Mandala.

You don't "have" to buy a new trinket, but Tsunami is "better".
    So I should not use fall of mortality and buy Tsunami (assuming money is not an issue) or did you just mean tsunami is better than mandala?

Edit: sorry just seen Tron's post, I will check out the helpful links when I finish work. I raid 10 man only and hadn't really thought about being above the 916 haste break point. Plenty for me to think about this weekend.
    Last edited by fragglerocker; 2011-03-25 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    That comparison is the inaccurate one I believe, since it ignores stacking with Tide (which Tsunami and Jar both get). I think Vixsyn added an addendum that included the bonus from Tide a little later on.

Fall of Mortality is fine, but if you've got money to spare then Tsunami is better.

Also, on another note, you mentioned you got the Tier chest; unless you're going for a lot of haste (2k+) you're better off getting the Omnotron chest and using tier on the other 4 slots.
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-03-25 at 07:17 PM.

As stated previously, the best option is really DMC + [something]. But the [something] depends on what you need ...

If you find yourself going OOM (ie: you need more longevity) - Run with DMC: Tsunami + JoAR / Mandala
    If you find that you have plenty of mana (ie: you need more throughput) - Run with DMC: Tsunami + FoM / Vibrant
    If you're a lucky archeologist who makes me bitter (ie: you have too much time on your hands) - Run with DMC: Tsunami + TFD

The tricky part is that while FoM's Spirit gain is in line with the straight gain of JoAR and Mandala, the latter two trinkets are included in MT's calculation, whereas FoM is not (as Dakoth stated). So FoM's proc winds up being less valuable. TFD, on the other hand, has a very good mana gain for its ilvl, making it a very powerful trinket if you only consider your personal gain (your raid team would likely prefer that you run with something that factors into MT). So, at the end of it all, your second trinket becomes another slot you can use to balance your gear appropriately.

I for one will be lobbying for tier 12 to have just two unique healing trinkets, so I can spend more time on flowcharts and less on spreadsheets!

Thank you all so much for your help, I will be looking into everything you have advised this weekend and will try some things out next raid week.

Deleted
    Tsunami isnt just the best pre-raid trinket, its our bis on heroic gear at moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to get DMC: T myself, but its so damn expensive on my server (and I haven't really had the time to farm gold), so I use Mandala and core of ripeness. I'm surprised noone here has mentioned core. Why not use core and fall of mortality?

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Why not use core and fall of mortality?
    I assumed that since they changed mana tide, core was just another meh trinket and there are plenty better things to buy with valor?

Yeah core pretty much sucks now.

I use DMC:T and FoM right now. I passed on the only heroic JoAR we've seen so far so our other shaman could get it, but I'll probably nab it the next time it drops. For most fights I think I'd stick with my current setup for the extra INT and then switch FoM with JoAR on fights where we really need the MTT boost.

As it is, even without me having the JoAR when we both tide at the same time it's pretty much a full mana bar with him using jar. So meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    As it is, even without me having the JoAR when we both tide at the same time it's pretty much a full mana bar with him using jar. So meh.
    We often have 2 shaman heal together, would you always recommend stacking tide, or is that specifically because he has that trinket? On fights with regen phases eg Magmaw, does it make more sense for one shammy to tide the first and the other shammy tide the second (which is what we do now) or should we both tide the second and just stand about in the first?

We always tide at the same time.