Deleted

New build ! Feedback needed

Hello i am building a new PC and im trying to make it as cheap as possible this is what im gonna get

CPU:i5 2500k
    mobo:asus p8p67
    GPU:Gigabyte 6850
    PSU:500W corsair builder series
    Case:Keeping my old http://www.futurelooks.com/uploads/189/elite_s.jpg
    HDD:Got em already
    Ram: 4 giga 1600 mhz ram
    Price:650 Euro

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good.
    Might wanna make sure it's all compatible but it looks great so me.

Deleted
    Any ideas what the price would be if i bought it from a wholesales vendor(if its called that) ? cus my uncle owns a store and he can sell em to me cheaper(whole sale price)

500 watt is cutting it close if you want future expandability but it should suffice if you get a decent 80+ PSU.

Deleted
    Well probably i wont upgrade because when i do it wont worth it :P (Ivy Bridge will be out ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    Well probably i wont upgrade because when i do it wont worth it :P (Ivy Bridge will be out ^^)
    Might as well wait for Haswell

Deleted
    What is haswell?

What is haswell?
    Intel has a Tick-Tock release cycle -

New Architechture - Die Shrink

Sandy Bridge -> Ivy Bridge
    Haswell -> Rockwell

Deleted
    Ah i see

I don't know which P8P67 you're looking at, but don't get the base model...if you're dead set on an ASUS board get the Pro or Evo model.

Deleted
    I can get the base one or ASUS P8P67-M PRO 3' SATA3 USB3 or GigaByte P67A-UD3 B3 SATA 3 UDB3 4DDR3

The "M" means Micro ATX so not sure how you feel about that...

But if those are your only three options I'd be leaning more towards the Gigabyte board...

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an SSD for at least your OS.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    The "M" means Micro ATX so not sure how you feel about that...

But if those are your only three options I'd be leaning more towards the Gigabyte board...
    Is there a diffrence between ATX and Micro Atx except size?

Just glancing over the specs of that particular board it looks like it has close to the same features as its big brother. The only thing that caught my eye was this one only has a single Realtek LAN port, and I think the full size has Intel LAN, and an extra PCI slot or two and two e-sata ports as opposed to one.
    Last edited by Sedative; 2011-03-25 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, as someone else said, 500w may be cutting it a bit close.

Some people believe that Micro ATX boards have the possibility to perform slightly faster due to the more compact design, thus shorter distance of information flow. However, that is nothing that is actually 'proven' per se, and would be so marginal if true that humans would not really notice. If you were considering between the base model and the Micro version, I would personally choose the base model for more more space. It also has EUFI, which is pretty cool and allows you to use a mouse in the BIOS.

That being said, the more compact design of a Micro ATX board often limits the availability of options and the more compact design can often feel "crowded." I personally do not like Micro ATX boards for the very reason of feeling extremely crowded. ATX generally offers more PCI slots as well, but is certainly not always the case.

Also, I have a Gigabyte P67A-UD3. I purchased it because it had good reviews and was priced right. It does not have EUFI, but it has plenty of space. It works pretty well, though from my experience isn't as good as it could be for overclocking. It has an amazing variety of BIOS options related to overclocking, but the vdroop can be annoying. It is difficult to get my 2600k to run consistently above 4.2 Ghz with this board. (It will run stable up to 4.5 with the right settings, but will often 'break' out of overclock upon restart or shut down and has to be reconfigured again.) It runs well at 4.2 though.

Anyway, I don't think you could truly go wrong with any of the motherboard options you mentioned. It simply depends on your needs and preferences. ASUS makes good products, Gigabyte generally does too from my experience. Just don't go get something like PC Chips or some other brand no one knows about :P

P.S. I have a 500w PSU with a 2600k and a GTX 460 1GB video card. It works fine, but I do not really have any expandability options unless I get a new power supply.

Deleted
    will p8p67 base OC well? im not intererested in SLI/Crossfire etc

will p8p67 base OC well? im not intererested in SLI/Crossfire etc
    Not from what I've read. You might wanna check over on overclock.net

There's a specific forum for Intel Motherboards so that'd be your best bet http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/
    Last edited by Sedative; 2011-03-25 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    Okay off to check now

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 06:48 PM ----------

Ok checked it says P8P67-M Pro OCs at 4.8 Ghz O_o