Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    no, u make me click da lightwell

Deleted
    People who does not use it should die, Example: "Ohey guys, if you just put your mouse cursor over this fountain and right click, you wont die! - uhm, no i cba cuz im a lazy slob."

bleh, i quit too, tired of reminding ppl in vent and seeing it sit there. disc now anyways. too many years of dps trained to not worry bout their health and let healers solve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    I don't click on it, I'm not gonna lie lol. Tried at the start of Cata when they changed it but I still don't, it's the most retarded spell in the game. I don't even spec into it on my priest, damn thing is a waste of talent points.

Edit: Well, in all fairness, my main and raiding alt are both tanks, so i'm usually not even in range of it to begin with. But I still think it's lame and don't use it on my priest.
    Even if you didn't manage to convince even one person and all 24/9 people in your raid ignore the Lightwell, it's still worth taking just so you can click on it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'm not sure if its a macro or a script but whichever it is it exists and it will click the lightwell for you if you're in range of it and retarget your last target. I could probably search and find it but I'm way to lazy =/.
    would
    /tar lightwell
    /target interact
    /(what ever it would be to retarget)

work?

even if it did i personally wouldnt use that as you can click it yourself with out changing your target or inturrupting your dps rotation.

ALSO it should be noted that YOU CAN USE LIGHTWELL WHEN STUNNED!! (amazing for halfus...even though by the stun phase its pretty much cake anyway)
    Last edited by Desminn; 2011-03-25 at 03:30 PM.

As a melee, I would like to use them more, but often times they're placed behind us, since rarely do any priests stand in melee range.

On top of that, I have procs/abilities to watch so I don't have any more attention span left to watch for a glowing object amidst a field of OTHER glowing effects :P That or it's hidden under other players.

Unless the priest has a /say macro to inform me it's out, generally I'm not looking for it, I'm trying to DPS and not die to whatever mechanics.

I don't click on it, I'm not gonna lie lol. Tried at the start of Cata when they changed it but I still don't, it's the most retarded spell in the game. I don't even spec into it on my priest, damn thing is a waste of talent points.

Edit: Well, in all fairness, my main and raiding alt are both tanks, so i'm usually not even in range of it to begin with. But I still think it's lame and don't use it on my priest.
    I find it incredibly useful as a melee deeps. I wish it were macro'able to click, but it still eases enough healer mana strain to make it worth the 1 second delay in my dps rotation to click it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    would
    /tar lightwell
    /target interact
    /(what ever it would be to retarget)

work?

even if it did i personally wouldnt use that as you can click it yourself with out changing yourtarget or inturrupting your dps rotation.
    They changed it when they buffed it, the only way (legally) to click it is to physically click it.

One of the few unique abilities left in the game.
    I think it's cool to have a heal that depends more on the healed than the healer.

Hope it doesn't change, it's already been super nerfed (difficulty of use) for the dumb players lol.

Deleted
    People not using the lightwell is bad players, bad bad bad.. and clearly dont comprehend the usefullness and abilities of the classes and specs brought in a raid.
    So many people think the class they are playing, is the only class they should know.. well perhaps the wrathbabies will grow up to be young children one day, able to think about more than just their own action bars.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dman32 View Post
    People will never use it, just deal with it.

That being said, I noticed if you pop it before the encounter starts in front of the entire group you will get a better success rate
    Bad players dont use it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    They changed it when they buffed it, the only way (legally) to click it is to physically click it.
    You don't have to physically click with the macro/script people I raid with have it and use it so they can fully utilize lightwells w/o taking a dps loss because it retargets your last target instantly when you do. The reason I never looked more into doing this myself is because I don't wish to have anymore than the 70 keybinds I already have.
    Plus I'm a warlock if I needed an additional heal that badly I'd death coil or life drain(o yeah healthstones to)

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted

Imagine having 10 guys on ventrilo, and 9 of them are laughing at you.. untill they realise you are lame, and a waste of their time and bring another priest, with a clear knowledge of how to play.

Except you don't have to target the Lightwell any more. It doesn't change your target, so there's no need for a macro that goes back to your previous target.

If they don't click on it, let them die. My girlfriend is a priest and we raid together, she would yell at me and punch me in the crotch if i didn't use the lightwell when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    i do, but they for some reason dont care Q_Q and i want my dungeon complete!!! and then they complain that i dont got mana and have to have an MB....... it even got a long range where you can click it fir christs sake!
    Yeah, that's the world of a Holy Priest for ya... It ain't pretty, and requires intelligence from the WHOLE group to see how effective of a healer this Spec. is...

Personally, I would say find a tank buddy to just run with... Holy has, imo, the best overall healing in the game, but the spec has no perks to cover the mistakes of others, and that's why it receives so much hate among the other players...

Deleted
    well most people see it as a hassle to run around looking for the thing now ranged being somewhat grouped could use it but for a melee its mostly a no go

i'd propose that instead of it being stationary it could be bound to someone in your party and it would follow them around so if you would use it on a melee it will be around the melees normally

raid night all charges get used up before the cooldown (i even throw it down a minute before the pull so i can use it again faster) but heroics it's usually just the tank and maybe one savvy dps who'll click it
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I love the lightwell! Here's a newb question, is it up for x amount of time or x amount of clicks?
    I'm pretty sure its both. Like its up for 15 click or 10 minutes (I dunno the actual time limit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    You are expecting too much from DPS.
    Corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Also you should let them know that they dont need to stop casting or w/e to click it because many ppl dont know about that and they think they have to stop dpsing/healing to get those heals.
    Seriously though, this.... plus... make sure people know the damn thing has a range of 20 yards IIRC, no need to be right next to it

To all the people saying " Bad players ", or " in a raid ", or "Let they die to learn" this is about heroics, LFD kind off people... come on...

10+ Year Old Account

wellu must be a pretty shitty priest. HOLY is RAID healing it has nothing to do with you being in range as a TANKS...plz explain how 300k worth of HEALING that is the most cost-effective in mana preservation healing is a waste of a talent point. But hey its ok I bet u sit @ the bottom of the healing charts oom.

its ok u'll learn one day...maybe not