Deleted

Anyone got problem with Tidy Plates:Threat Plates?

As the title says im currently having an issue with this addon,3 days ago it was working normally,no problems at all i could see the threat bar of all NPC's above their heads but yesterday when i log it was like i didnt have the addon at all,although i have installed it.After that i tried to re-install it but no use...Anyone else having this issue ? if yes can anyone give me some tips on how to fix it ? Thanks.

Simple fix: Make sure name plates are enabled. Press V while logged in (as long as V is still the default key binding). Pressing V turns on and off enemy nameplates. CTRL-V enables friendly name plates (I think). If that doesn't work then you might need a hammer to get the job done.

Hammer Fix. Warning this fix will delete all customized settings for TidyPlates and will be reset to defaults once the addon is reloaded:
    1. Close WoW
    2. Delete the Tidy Plates and the Thread Plates addons.
    3. In the WoW folder goto the WTF\Account\(accountfolderid)\SavedVariables and delete all files with the name TidyPlates in it.
    4. In the WoW folder goto the WTF\Account\(accountfolderid)\(ServerName)\(Charactername)\SavedVariables and delete all the files with the name TidyPlates in it. Repeat this step for each character for that server.
    5. Reinstall the TidyPlates and ThreatPlates addon (latest ones from Curse).
    6. Start WoW and reenable TidyPlates.

If it still doesn't work after this then I'm betting you might have changed your nameplate toggle key binding by assigning V to another action. You will have to sift through your Interface Key Bindings to find out if V is still set to this function.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2011-03-25 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the infro,the problem it was with the v and CTRL-V button.

get Aloft instead.
    I know you don't like wearing the leash, and I know I don't like holding the leash. so lets make a pact that you stay with the group this time, okay?

The toggling issue seems to be with the client since it occurs periodically even if you don't update or adjust anything with tidyplates, so changing to another addon will do nothing.
    That is a default keybind anyway which operates the same even without the addon.

Who cares about threat from warriors anyway? Their dps will automatically freeze your computer anyway =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landwhale View Post
    get Aloft instead.
    is this an addon ? is it better than tidy plates ? cuz i never heard about it before :P

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    is this an addon ? is it better than tidy plates ? cuz i never heard about it before :P
    it is an addon, and it is MUCH better than tidy plates. having tried both i can say that hands down. aloft is cleaner and easy to understand.
    I know you don't like wearing the leash, and I know I don't like holding the leash. so lets make a pact that you stay with the group this time, okay?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tidy Plates is sorta like oUF - you can use premade setups, or you can make your own setups in lua.

Aloft is more like StUF (or Pitbull4) - no premades, but you can play with every single setting on your own, in-game.