Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    working as intended, you first get the normal energy doubled, then the extra from 4set added. and "still takes 4 sf's", it was normally 5.

But the point of the talent imo is to reduce the cast by (1) to reach elipse, (aside from the mana regen part). And with the 4 set doing that 100% of the time, what is the point of it? Basically if you didnt need the mana regen and had the 4set it would be a wasted talent. I think this was possibly over looked. And with only a 24% proc rate I don't think it would be OP.
    Last edited by Tig; 2011-08-22 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    You have to take into account that most people don't leave lunar on 0 energy, a large majority will use 1-2 starsurges during lunar leading them into pre-solar with 10-15 energy. Therefore, when you get a Euphoria proc from 10 or 15 you end up at 55 or 60, both of which are over the next 25 break point, meaning one less cast. For example, say you cast 1 starsurge during lunar, the final starfire leaves you at 15 energy pre-solar. With the 4-set, the next starfire would take you to 40 energy and you still require 3 more casts (65/90/solar). If instead Euphoria procs, this next starfire will take you to 60 energy, leaving you with 2 more casts (85/solar). So essentially, euphoria is working as intended.

I don't deny that you are right, and sometimes the euphoria proc is wasted, but such occurances are very rare in normal play, unless you make a habit of not using starsurge during eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Hi, i created a thread in the druid forum but havent gotten any response yet. So im hoping this will be a better place for the question.

I have noticed that Euphoria doesnt truely double solar/Lunar energy gained if you have your 4 set. It doesnt take into account the the extra energy you recieve from the 4 set. So for example when moving towards Solar eclipse you gain 20 energy without the 4 set and 25 with the 4 set (while not in eclipse). When euphoria procs it only gives you 20 like it normally would without the 4 set bonus. So it doesn't actually double the energy gained anymore and it still takes 4 SF's to reach Solar when if it truely doubled it would take 3. I was just wondering if this is a glitch or is everybody seeing the same thing?
    Euphoria proc 50 energy with 4p now

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    Euphoria proc 50 energy with 4p now
    Can any one confirm it? Going for dummies right away!
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    Can any one confirm it? Going for dummies right away!
    It definitely works, looks like we got a lovely little stealth fix

i recently got my 384 ruthless gladiator's band of accuracy and was wondering if it was worth giving up 63 haste and 127 mastery from my ring of the boy emperor for a 50 int gain, this would be after i reforged the hit from the accuracy band for 64 haste.

Dont think so, but you should propbably check wrathcalc or some other nerd math thing to be sure :P

Hello, I'm a feral druid but I plan to try out some boomking on fights that only require one tank. I was thinking of going boomking on Rhyo 10HC next week so I've been checking around a little on world of logs and it seems that Solar cleaving is extremely powerful there. The thing I wonder is if those people with high rankings as boomking on that fight skip the "Lunar Shower" talent? I see them being in Solar from start of the fight until a bit in to p2, and since Sunfire is their second damage source after mushroom explosion, I don't see how they only use Sunfire once every 3d sec to not have the Lunar Shower make them get out of Lunar Eclipse eventually.

I haven't actually played any boomking at all in Cataclysm so if anyone experienced with this kind of heavy Solar cleaving it would be nice with some explanations as how to stay in Solar for that long or if there's a benefit to skipping Lunar Shower on for example Lord Rhyo where there will always be adds up to Sunfire.

Thanks

Genaraly you dont take lunar shower on any fight. The initial nuke isnt that hard without it and you spend way more mana, but most of the dmg comes from the dot any way, and since 4.2 you innervate yourself so you can spec dreamstate and you wont have any mana problems. Personaly i dont spend whole p1 in solar because i do my normal single target rotation on the sparks. Yes it makes my dps drop but in my raid setup and strategy downing them has prio over dps the litle adds. So it kinda depends on your asignment if you are on the small adds sollar all the way shrooms + sunfire, if on the big one or the legs do normal rotation and do whatever you can on the small ones depending on what eclispe are you in.

Ah okey, interesting. I was just checking both recommended specs in this guide and both of them had 3/3 Lunar Shower, but I guess I'll do some testing with skipping it them. Yeah ofc it matters what kind of setup you have, but I was thinking that if a boomkin stay full time on multidotting and shrooming the others shouldn't really have to worry much about the slimes etc. I''ll give it a go next week and see how it works out for our group, have to be easier than playing with a feral on that fight anyway since ranged > all =)

Because this guide is out of date, the dude that was moderating it doesn't do it any more, thats why I asked to delete it a few pages ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysunia View Post
    I miss Qieth... This thread seems kinda dead now, can we get somone new to moderate it or just close this sticky?
    All the info in the first post was accurate to 4.1 some of it is still true but some isn't.

Isn't there any active and skilled moonkin who can take over this thread, if the author isn't active anymore? It sure would be nice to have an up-to-date guide for as many specs as possible on MMO!

I have 3-set t12 (gloves, shoulders, chest), and the 391 offset legs from majordomo. What gives more DPS, upgrading my 359 ring to 378 and keeping the 391 legs or only downgrading to 378 legs and have 359 ring but get the 4set bonus?

Rings are always minor upggrades, idealy you should use the 391 legs from majordomo you already have and get the head from ragnaros to get the 4p bonus. But for now the tier 378 legs with 4p bonus will give you more dps than 391 without.

Can someone tell me what addon is being used in the videos that shows dot timer icons above the enemy healthbars?

didn't look, but mostly likely threatplates? it's what I'm using anyways.

Wrath has a new spell effect.
    Realy thats all we are going to get?! A gold starsurge? Are we holy now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maaJcrcBvnk

Deleted
    Wrathcalcs has been updated for the new set bonuses and the items that have been released so far. You can find it over at EJ:

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114017-...3/#post2014099

Deleted
    Please continue discussion in the new Boomkin sticky: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-4.3-Edition