Issues with running in DX11 (WoW)

Hai,

Done the DX11 tweak to increase performance with my 580 - it works, I noticed a massive increase in FPS. Only issue is, minimizing the game seems buggy, and I'm getting windows 7 popups saying 'Your computer is running slowly' after a while, and then windows feels sluggish, even out of wow.

It doesnt do this in normal non-dx11 mode, so obviously this is the cause. How can I fix it, while keeping the benefits of dx11?

Surely I'm not alone on this?

Deleted
    Try deleting cache and disabling all addons sounds like ram Issue

Deleted
    HOw can i do this aswell?i got an ATI5770

Fullscreen - windowed

Another thing worth mentioning is, when I mimimise, I get like a ghost image sometimes, which will flash up for a sec or two, showing what I did up to a minute ago.

Eg, I'll fly past stormwind to BwD, minimise while outside the raid, and I'll see myself in stormwind for a second, then it will go to the desktop.

It's like the game is recording a video with delay or something.

Probably related but thought I'd mention it.

I will give fullscreen windowed a try today if I remember. Never tried it.

Does indeed sound like a RAM issue...

...adding another vote for Windowed Fullscreen (not that it will completely resolve your issues but if you're going to be doing any amount of alt-tabbing, it's really the best way to go.)

RAM issue as in, faulty or not enough?

I have 6Gb right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    To be fair, WoW's implementation of windowed mode is the best i've seen in any game i've played. SC2's is awful on the other hand (you either start to scroll as you would in fullscreen, or you manage to escape the window, it's 50/50 on which it'll do).
    Amen. Windowed Fullscreen is the best thing since sliced bread.