15+ Year Old Account

Atonement spec and Smite : Macro Help

I've recently been using an AA disc spec for our entry into heroic modes (we have only done and downed two thusfar, with Maloriak and Atramedes waiting in the wings). I decided to use a Smite macro so that I can Smite to stack Evangelism and heal with Atonement. While my macro knowledge is rather simplistic, it's usually been enough to get the effect I'm looking for. On Halfus, my macros work fine. However, I've come across an issue on Chimaeron.

Of the four different macros I've tried with Smite, none of them have worked. Target of target, focus, straight targeting with a switchback involved, nothing. Which is very unusual, because my Shadowfiend macro works fine.

So, to the discipline community, do you have an idea of an effective macro for Smite that would allow me to Smite without switching or losing my current healing target? Any help would be most appreciated.

Note : I will update this thread next week when we go to Chim again and let it be known which macro I use and if it is working properly. I'll try any and all suggestions that I have no used already.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    I use this for all fights.

#show Smite
    /cast [target=focustarget, harm] Smite

Basically set focus to a tank first. I have the above macro on my action bar and bound to a mouse button. Using this macro you will only ever smite the target of your tank. It wont switch your current target - you wont even need to target the boss/add etc.

Hope that helps

p.s: If your tanks have to switch when tanking - have some pre-set Focus target macros setup so you can switch your focus mid-fight as and when needed without too much hassle.
    Last edited by mmoc6e3ed00ec5; 2011-03-25 at 05:20 PM.

/cast [@target, harm, exists] [@focus, exists] [@targettarget, harm, exists] [] Smite

That's what I use.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Honestly, the best way I've found is just to use click casting on mouseover. That way you can just keep the boss targetted at all times and smite whenever you need too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    /cast [@target, harm, exists] [@focus, exists] [@targettarget, harm, exists] [] Smite

That's what I use.
    'harm' implies 'exists', so there's no need to have both in the same macro.

Code:
    /cast [@target, harm][@focus, harm][@targettarget, harm][] Smite

Quote Originally Posted by Avalastia View Post
    Honestly, the best way I've found is just to use click casting on mouseover. That way you can just keep the boss targetted at all times and smite whenever you need too.
    Aye, use mouseover macros for all heals so you can keep the boss targeted and smite when needed. It also makes it slightly easier to ID targets for certain boss abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxian View Post
    'harm' implies 'exists', so there's no need to have both in the same macro.

Code:
    /cast [@target, harm][@focus, harm][@targettarget, harm][] Smite
    This macro makes you smite your Focus if you have one,
    if you dont, your target's target
    and if you got a hostile target, that target? Right?
    Thanks

Your Hostile Target > Your Focus Target > Your Target's Target, then just a blank normal smite, for the sake of closing the macro out.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I'd like to change to mouseover but my freaking macro list is full.. ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, update. I tried both of these out today in a duel (to have a harmful target), and it didn't work on the focus or tot portions. I will try this in a raid setting to see if I get a different desired result from bosses.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 10:35 PM ----------

Well, tried both of those on Halfus this evening and neither worked. Now none of my other macros for Smite are working on him or any other boss.

Can mods affect macros? Because it makes no sense whatsoever that my Shadowfiend and DoT macros both work and nothing does with Smite since last week.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present