Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 Content Preview: Rise of the Zandalari

Patch 4.1 Content Preview: Rise of the Zandalari
    Blizzard finally posted a small preview of the Patch 4.1 content, confirming the updated skin of the Amani War Bear in the process.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In years past, the Zandalar tribe, encompassing the wise and scholarly progenitors of the trolls, heroically assisted the Horde and the Alliance with thwarting the nefarious activities of their brethren in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Yet the chaos unleashed by the recent Cataclysm has reshaped the Zandalari's philosophy about the world and the dwindling remnants of their race. Led by a mysterious prophet known only as Zul, the Zandalari have issued a call to Azeroth's embattled troll populations: unite into a single mighty empire and save their race from extinction.

Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari, allowing them to rebuild their respective capitals in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. Not all trolls, however, have so eagerly adopted the Zandalari's grandiose vision of a new troll empire. Vol'jin and his Darkspear tribe are opposed to the warmongering espoused by Zul. To prevent the burgeoning Gurubashi and Amani troll forces from wreaking havoc on Azeroth, Vol'jin has reached out to his Horde comrades and members of the Alliance for assistance. Should the Darkspears' campaign fail, a new troll empire shall rise and bring war to a world already beset by suffering and conflict.

A Threat Fought in Secret

Using a great deal of discretion, Vol’jin has dispatched Darkspear delegates to the capital cities of Stormwind and Orgrimmar calling for all able-bodied adventurers to investigate recent threats that have risen in the jungles of Stranglethorn.

The outlook isn't good. The Gurubashi tribe, their strength renewed, is running rampant throughout Stranglethorn. Players will have a chance to embark on all-new level-85 solo quests in Stranglethorn and will discover exactly what tribulations lie ahead -- Gurubashi leadership is still largely intact and rehabilitated through the new union with the Zandalari. Along the way, players will assist a sassy, headstrong Darkspear spirit-talker named Bwemba, they'll track down the elusive Hemet Nesingwary, and they'll encounter many of the new Zul'Gurub bosses throughout the steaming jungles of Stranglethorn.

Rewards for addressing the issues in Stranglethorn include an adorable panther pet of your own to care for. Players should seek out Vol'jin's representatives in Orgrimmar or Stormwind Harbor to begin their adventure.

Return to Zul'Gurub

This ancient city has once again become the staging grounds for an empowered Gurubashi people to strike against those who they perceive to be invading their ancestral lands. Now backed by the Zandalari, the Gurubashi present all-new challenges for players in this level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. While players may see some familiar faces in this dungeon, the encounters and fight mechanics have been considerably updated. For allying yourself with the Darkspears, High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, Zanzil, and Jin'do the Godbreaker would like to make one thing clear -- your intrusion will cost you. Take their heads and you’ll be presented with a treasure map. You’ll want to seek out its precious booty, including an account-bound ring with a gem so big it’s visible when worn!

Also, for those with a high enough Archaeology skill, an additional boss can be unlocked in Zul’Gurub. Gri'lek, Renataki, Hazza'rah, and Wushoolay will be randomly selected to put an end to those who dig too deep for greater riches. Should your group survive the challenge, you'll unearth a selection of rewards available from any of the four bosses, as well as loot unique to each boss.

The Amani Regrouped

With the aid of the Zandalari, the remaining Amani have reassembled under new, sturdy leadership in Daakara. Zul'Aman has been converted into a challenging level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. For those who fought Zul'jin back during The Burning Crusade, much of the dungeon will feel similar, but the mechanics have been updated to suit a 5-player group. Akil'zon, Nalorakk, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass, and Daakara look to bring their tribe out of hiding and into the spotlight as a force to be reckoned with. Challengers beware.

Both Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will require players to have a minimum average item level of 346 before they can enter. These two Heroic dungeons will exist in a separate Heroic difficulty tier in the Dungeon Finder, above the current Cataclysm Heroic dungeons. In return, they will offer players item level 353 epic-quality loot. Players can expect to find items for nearly every gear slot available in these two dungeons, though much focus has been placed on offering players itemization for hard-to-fill slots or specializations, such as bracers, helms, shoulders, guns, and wands.

Rare Mounts and More

As with the original iterations of Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, players will have a chance to obtain updated rare mounts. The Swift Zulian Panther and Armored Razzashi Raptor are obtained in Zul'Gurub, while the Amani Battle Bear can be earned by killing the first four bosses of Zul'Aman in a limited amount of time.

The interests of the Zandalari no longer align with your own. Vol'jin needs your help to stop this play for power. Will you rise to the challenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, hope patch will hit our realms soon :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, all those people who were complaining about that image from the PTRs of what the bear looked like... Perhaps they'll finally learn that you need to wait to see finished products?

... probably not.

Also: In before any Ghostbuster jokes at the name Zul.

The Battle Bear is a recolored War Bar? Awesome! My alts are very, very excited now.

Love the mount :3

I like the bear. but what's that zangalarmarsh-thingie is doing in the pets screenshot?

Deleted
    the one im really looking forward is the ZG panther. the simplistic look (plain black) looks awesome.

Loved ZA in TBC, cant wait to revist it again! ^^
    Last edited by Crims; 2011-03-25 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo

I'm kind of pleased about the new War bear looking EXACTLY like the old one besides a few recolored parts =/

Yay for the new bronze drake I guess...

They should have just made the old one BoA for anyone that changed mains and made it more original.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the new skin on the war bear. Definitely looking forward to snagging that one.

anyone know when patch 4.1 is supposed to launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    big like ..ZA-ZG-Bear <3

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, is anyone else confused by the fact that the Zaldalari have recruited both the Amani and the Gurubashi, but not the Sandfury tribe of Zul'farrak? At least having three new heroics on this "tier" would feel like there's some variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Also: In before any Ghostbuster jokes at the name Zul.

Damn you, I was so gonna go there.

15+ Year Old Account
    You’ll want to seek out its precious booty, including an account-bound ring with a gem so big it’s visible when worn!

WHOA!

Quote Originally Posted by Magezsoul View Post
    I'm kind of pleased about the new War bear looking EXACTLY like the old one besides a few recolored parts =/

Yay for the new bronze drake I guess...

They should have just made the old one BoA for anyone that changed mains and made it more original.
    I haven't read any reports from the PTR, but is the battle bear a guaranteed drop if you meet certain metrics in the dungeon? I suspect it is like all the other dungeon mounts with 1% drop rate. We'll see some, but not a lot of them. I don't see that many Vortex or Stonecore drakes out in the wild.

Edit: "can be earned by killing the first four bosses of Zul'Aman in a limited amount of time."

Ok, I stand corrected. It is officially the new bronze drake.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2011-03-25 at 04:37 PM.

They should change the bear model so it look different. Instead of changing the color only. I want my old ZA to be special!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool. I really hope this leads to a new troll raid.

"can be earned by killing the first four bosses of Zul'Aman in a limited amount of time."

Say hello to our new bronze drake!

10+ Year Old Account
    I died little inside when i saw how little the new bear differs from the old one.