Thread: PTR Build 13793

15+ Year Old Account

PTR Build 13793

So seems this newest build has buffs outside of the aforementioned FrB and IL buffs.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• Flame Orb: Launches a Flame Orb forward from the Mage's position, dealing 228 to 293 Fire damage every second to the closest enemy target for 15 secs.
    • Arcane Blast: 2.2 sec cast | Blasts the target with energy, dealing 1710 to 1988 Arcane damage. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage of Arcane Blast and Arcane Explosion is increased by 10%, Arcane Blast casting time is reduced by 0.1 sec and Arcane Blast mana cost is increased by 150%. Effect stacks up to 4 times and lasts 6 sec or until any Arcane damage spell except Arcane Blast or Arcane Explosion is cast.
    Seems like AB had its average damage reduced from 2,090 to 1,849. To counter that, it had its cast time reduced by 0.3 seconds. So now it would take 10 seconds, assuming 0 haste, to get a full 4 stack up, unlike the previous 11.5 seconds. So we save 1.5 seconds while dealing 241 less damage. Unless I'm mistaken, that should end up being a slight buff in damage.

The FO change is also nice.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2011-03-25 at 06:45 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

The damage reduction back to it`s original value is a nerf of 3464 DPS. I don`t think a cast time reduction of 0.3 can make up for this.

I don't think it's an equivalent exchange either unless they increase our mana regen rate slightly as well...

15+ Year Old Account
    My main concern was the increase in mana consumption. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    BfA Beta Time

From the home page:

•Arcane Blast now has a 2.2 sec cast time, down from 2.5 sec. Base damage reduced by 12%, from [ 1933 - 2247 ] to [ 1710 - 1988 ]
    So the 13% buff has been reduced to a 1% buff or this 12% reduction is from the existing live level?

Deleted
    existing live, so reduction in our current damage, buff in our cast speed.

Dps is not a problem for this spec, damage is - so pretty sad to see a 13% buff to base damage changing to a -12% and an increase in dps from cast time.

Hopefully it changes again before release you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually want to play Arcane 0.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirea View Post
    People like having options.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirea View Post
    Especially if they don't have the gear for fire yet.

I might end up looking like a huge idiot now but... what's changed on FO?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    I might end up looking like a huge idiot now but... what's changed on FO?
    They added the "...to 293" to it. Before, it simply read, "deals 228 Fire damage", so now the high end of the base damage is 293, which means the spell will have higher damage, but not by obscene amounts.
    BfA Beta Time

Oh well, I'll take what I can get.