Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Remember the hot girl in highschool that never had to try, everyone liked her and wanted to be her friend?

That girl at 30, when life gets real, and your personality and skills matter, she's not doing as well.

Perhaps the reason that mages aren't doing as well now at the highest ranks is because life is just too easy for them against every other class and team that doesn't wtfpwn them the instant they see the baby blue bar.

They never reallly had to try that hard, and now, when it gets tough, they're ill equipped. Ironic, that it turns out their lack of skill is what is keeping them out of the highest ranks now, when all the mages claim it's our lack of skill at the lower level that stops us from beating them.

Keep buffing them blizz, as someone who's used the horrible balance dance as an inspiration to quit taking pvp seriously I couldn't care less about it anymore. The more you buff them, the more we'll just see mage on mage fights, and that may finally convince you to address the issues of balance.

I guess cup winning teams always have the best comp, but I can't help but think that blizz was hoping for a final headline that reads '2 mages 1 cup'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    Yeah mages are way too overpowered. No other class can match their survivability, definitely not Prot Paladins and Resto Druids.
    Mages die VERY fast, clearly you have never broken 1k rating. Training a mage is so easy if you have a competent healer who can dispel.

People like you in threads about mages make me laugh, and it will end up being you people who blizzard listen to and then a class gets brutally nerfed. So please - get good at 3v3 arena or hell just pvp in general, then come back with the "mages are op" QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    Remember the hot girl in highschool that never had to try, everyone liked her and wanted to be her friend?

That girl at 30, when life gets real, and your personality and skills matter, she's not doing as well.

Perhaps the reason that mages aren't doing as well now at the highest ranks is because life is just too easy for them against every other class and team that doesn't wtfpwn them the instant they see the baby blue bar.

They never reallly had to try that hard, and now, when it gets tough, they're ill equipped. Ironic, that it turns out their lack of skill is what is keeping them out of the highest ranks now, when all the mages claim it's our lack of skill at the lower level that stops us from beating them.

Keep buffing them blizz, as someone who's used the horrible balance dance as an inspiration to quit taking pvp seriously I couldn't care less about it anymore. The more you buff them, the more we'll just see mage on mage fights, and that may finally convince you to address the issues of balance.

I guess cup winning teams always have the best comp, but I can't help but think that blizz was hoping for a final headline that reads '2 mages 1 cup'.
    This is pretty ignorant. It's incredibly easy to lock down a mage right now; most their damage is hard casts, ice lance hits for so little.

You're one of the people who complain about everything, because if you can't beat them, obviously it's not your fault and their class is just too strong. If mages are too hard for you to beat, you're obviously doing something wrong; my fights with 2200+ mages are almost always a 50/50 win chance. Sometimes you need to buckle down and look at what you're doing wrong.

Mages needed a buff; even the good players are struggling in higher ratings, compared to say, almost all melee at the moment.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Mages die VERY fast, clearly you have never broken 1k rating. Training a mage is so easy if you have a competent healer who can dispel.

People like you in threads about mages make me laugh, and it will end up being you people who blizzard listen to and then a class gets brutally nerfed. So please - get good at 3v3 arena or hell just pvp in general, then come back with the "mages are op" QQ.
    This is exactly how I feel. ^

As in Life, There are many different kinds of ppl. For Example: I have found when driving a car and merging onto a Freeway, some drivers in their cars like to speed up to block you from entering and others will slow down for you to get in and merge. Regardless, of the Choice of the driver made, one of the two choices will upset me more than the the other, 100% of the time. As in reallife, Many WOW players can have that effect on others - regardless if they are arrogant or not. Ultimately, it comes down to bad choices imo.

Regarding one class being more OP than another, everything goes in a cycle. Give it time, Blizzard will eventually tweak stuff that needs to be tweaked.

damn, my girlfriend plays a mage. I had no idea she was a coward and a dick.

DON'T WORRY GUYS. I will break up with her as soon as I can, it is the only logical thing to do now that I have been blessed with this information!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyistheguy View Post
    damn, my girlfriend plays a mage. I had no idea she was a coward and a dick.

DON'T WORRY GUYS. I will break up with her as soon as I can, it is the only logical thing to do now that I have been blessed with this information!
    LOL. Another Relationship Destroyed but over information...

Didnt you know mage is an ancient Azarothian name for Chuck Norris.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

70% is the class not the player? Well golly how did you come with that percentage? Exactly this is your opinion and not a fact of any kind. This means people can say no you're wrong and you have no way of backing up what you originally said.

Deleted
    Overuse of comma's and almost unreadable... Although, Mages are a bit overtuned at the moment, I agree. But that all mages are arrogant is very false. I know a lot of mages on my server and even guild that are very nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    70% is the class not the player? Well golly how did you come with that percentage? Exactly this is your opinion and not a fact of any kind. This means people can say no you're wrong and you have no way of backing up what you originally said.
    Agreed. But here's another Statistic for you. 36% of all Statistics are made up on the spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big deal with mages is that they group up with 2 other classes and faceoll to 2k-2.2k to get theirself free T2 weps. Then they boast how they've reached 2.2k rating to their up friends that already told em 10000 times they r just getting carried by class and comp and not by skills.
    The next day u see that mage playing his alt and hear him complain about how he cant reach 1.5k rating bcs his class sucks and how mages r owning him. Yet, he still wont ask for a nerf even tho all his alts get pwnd by mages.

Mod should be closing this thread any minute now, OP's obviously trolling.
    New and shiny compppppp!

I created my mage in june 2005. Today I still have 0 alts. Go on, hate me.

This is just a situation where the OP should just roll a mage and figure it out on his own. My main was a mage for ages but due to guild healing needs i had to change over to a shaman for resto. My mage, even when they were weaker than most could and usually did top all raid dps meters, but I would lose quite often in pvp. On the other hand, Ill never do the damage on my shaman as I do on my mage, but as ele do far better in pvp on him than the mage. Its just play styles, and what works. Roll a mage and try to manage all of frost cooldowns and then let me know if its a faceroll class.