Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Speeding up raids?

Hello, MMO-C! My guild raids for 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week(25 man normal). Last night we wiped twice on ascendant council, but killed them on 3rd attempt. We also 1-shot halfus, V&T, Magmaw, and omnitron defense system. It seemed that trash before halfus took roughly 30-40 minutes of our time, we start at 9:30 and got to him roughly at 10:10. Is there any way to speed things along? Is BoT just dumb like that? I would have liked to get in atra, maloriak, and chimaeron last night and have the other 2 nights for cho'gall and nef, respectively. :<

40 minutes for Halfus trash is a very, very, very long time. It should take you around 10 minutes. We just pull shit and keep moving, its very hard to wipe on that trash...especially with 25 people, you have more than enough CC to just announce over vent which guy you are going to cc without spending 5 minutes marking and discussing.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with PBitt. That's too long. Try pulling faster, maybe that 1 extra pack. Quit wasting time chatting.

Oh also: You don't have to clear the whole room. Just pick left or right side, and clear that+middle. The other side won't aggro as long as you run through kinda to the side-ish.

Get your guild to level 21, have a rogue sneak past trash and summon the entire raid.

BoT trash can take a while at first. Once your guild gets in the swing of things it goes faster

My guild skips half of the trash up to halfus. we kill the first pack. then run to the side where th eportal is. pull the group that all have 1.2million hp. then we just hug the wall and avoid the patrols. saves time:P but yeah shouldnt take 30-40 minutes to kill all the trash
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Deleted
    40 mins on trash maybe you need a new team?

Quote Originally Posted by cymoro View Post
    Get your guild to level 21, have a rogue sneak past trash and summon the entire raid.
    Holy shit. Can't wait. Guild is level 19 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joenanners View Post
    40 mins on trash maybe you need a new team?
    Bosses don't even take as long as trash for us, so finding a new team for just trash is sort of counter-productive. I am the raid leader, any constructive criticism?

Who needs BOE epics worth 20k Gold? psch!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocaster View Post
    Bosses don't even take as long as trash for us, so finding a new team for just trash is sort of counter-productive. I am the raid leader, any constructive criticism?
    Don't CC. Just have tanks run in and heal heal dps dps.

what if you wipe?

Do you have people randomly afk'ing or something? That can slow things down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Do you have people randomly afk'ing or something? That can slow things down a lot.
    Nope. Mark x 8, call out assignments, say "These assignments arent changing till we get to the elementals" CC go, tanks go, DPS go. I think the longest time waster is waiting for the patrols to be in a good position so they don't pull each other and raperate us. Last night we also had to reset it once because the other group pulled :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs BOE epics worth 20k Gold? psch!
    This, This, This!

This is what my team does, we basically have a drood go past all the trash and use the summon. We also do this a lot with BWD trash to save a few extra minutes on farm nights. Also, it works well if someone sets their hearth to the zone of the next raid instance you would be going to, in order to hearth there after you cleared your content and use the group summon. This saved my raid team about an extra 30-50 minutes.

focus fire on trash

have a non essential tank or dps mark the next pack

if someone dies during trash they should release and run back instantly, there is no reason to sit there dead

as soon as everyone gets in range ready check, it lasts long enough for buffs and drinks and they can hit yes when they are actually ready

the whole time in vent be reminding people of what to do and when to do it and after a few weeks hopefully they do it by themselves
    Sig Made by Mipeo

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely genius; don't think I ever would have thought of this..

With that said, I expect this to be nerfed or hotfixed shortly... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    Absolutely genius; don't think I ever would have thought of this..

With that said, I expect this to be nerfed or hotfixed shortly... >_>
    as said before what if you wipe then you will have to do trash cause the cd is 2 hours for teleport

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrsoul View Post
    as said before what if you wipe then you will have to do trash cause the cd is 2 hours for teleport
    Well then you better oneshot everything. You will have to do Council- and Cho'gall-Trash anyway.

My guild uses minimal to no CC on the trash before halfus, we just group it up and AoE. We are 8/13 hard mode but have been doing this since normal modes. Anyone that dies needs to release and run back. Tanks and healers need to use CDs liberally and people need to not go AFK. We skip the left side of adds in the first room and we skip the left and right side of adds after you go down the stairs. We get to halfus in a couple of minutes. The trash in front of Council is slower, but we chain pull 2 at a time with no break in-between kills unless needed. Again, anyone that dies needs to release and run back immediately.
    If your group has killed council you can probably knock out maloriak/atramedes/chimaeron quickly.