Index
    1. Introduction
    2. Screenshots
    3. Videos
    4. Websites
    5. Sites/Sources
    6. Useful Tools

1. Introduction
    Crysis 2 is a First Person Shooter by CryTek, a German video game developer partnered with Electronic Arts. Technically classified as a "Sci-Fi First Person Shooter", Crysis 2 is a sequel to it's 2007 predecessor Crysis, and it's expansion, Crysis: Warhead. Crysis 2 takes place in New York City, in the Year 2023, three years after the first Crysis. The player plays as a character named "Alcatraz", a marine sent into New York to assist a man named Prophet. Alcatraz is injured when his infiltrating squad is ambushed by the Alien Faction, the Cephaloids. Prophet takes the main player back to his hideout and bestows upon Alcatraz a magnificent NanoSuit 2.0, giving him superhuman powers such as Stealth (Invisibility), Armor (Increased Damage Resistance and Decreased Fall Damage), and Power (Increased Jumping Height, Lifting, Sprinting, and the ability to maintain a steady sniper scope for long periods of time.) The Suit runs off of an energy bar. Stealth consumes energy the faster you move, Armor consumes energy parallel to the damage you take, and power drains energy as long as the power is active. (Mind you, all powers consume Energy while they're active.)

Crysis 2 features immerive online multiplayer. Features include Voice Chat, Custom Classes, Custom "Perks" (Think: Call of Duty on steroids), and attachments on guns. Online Multiplayer is currently running on a limited functionality. Some servers are malfunctioning, and it takes long periods of time to find a match. This is an error on CryTek's part, and they're doing their best to resolve the solution in a timely manner. A patch/hotfix has already been released to help restore some functionality to the multiplayer.

The game also features an In-Campaign collectible system, as well as statistics panes for both Single and Multiplayer.

Crysis 2 is the first video game to introduce fully functional stereoscopic 3-D (Supporting Monitor and Graphics Processing Unit required.)

System Requirements
    Windows
    Windows XP or later
    2 GHz Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 Processor or higher
    2 GB of RAM
    GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3850 or higher
    Sound card with speakers or headphones
    Internet Connection
    Input – Keyboard & mouse

Mac
    ??? (I'd love it if someone would provide me with some system requirements for Mac. I'd assume it's the same as above, but I know they can be finicky.)

2. Screenshots

FOR MORE SCREENSHOTS, VISIT MY STEAM PROFILE HERE.

3. Videos

4. Websites
    EA Crysis 2
    Crysis 2 Wikipedia
    IGN Crysis 2
    MyCrisis Official Crysis Community
    Gamespot Crysis 2

5. Sites/Sources
    EA Crysis 2
    Crysis 2 Wikipedia

6. Useful Tools
    Advanced Graphics Options
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-27 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    I would just like to say that i highly recommend all that have a good computer to play this game on PC, i kid you not it is extremely realistic and looks absolutely amazing on my PC.. just might be my favorite game of the year for now .. smooth gameplay also and feels like it can run on slower computers more then the first game which required a high end rig and to this day still makes my computer lag some places while Crysis 2 runs alot smoother ^^

The game looks beautiful on Extreme setting Though cant' say anything about the game itself, not very far in it :P

For anyone that doesn't like the limited customisation options, there's an amazing thread on the Steam Forum you should check out.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1807934

Haven't had a achance to play much of the game yet, just been tweaking it to try and get it to look it's best and still run well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    For anyone that doesn't like the limited customisation options, there's an amazing thread on the Steam Forum you should check out.

Haven't had a achance to play much of the game yet, just been tweaking it to try and get it to look it's best and still run well.
    Adding to OP. Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post

The only problem with that is there's no reference for what "Hardcore/Extreme" is for the settings... if I had something like that, I'd love to tweak it >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    The only problem with that is there's no reference for what "Hardcore/Extreme" is for the settings... if I had something like that, I'd love to tweak it >.<
    My GTS 450 seems to handle it just fine at "Very High" without overheating, so I think I'll stay where I'm at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game fine to jump into without playing the previous Crysis Games? If not, can you please tell me the order I should play them? I hate jumping into Sequels without playing through the story of the first game lol

Deleted
    Yes, the game is totally fine to jump straight into. Am I the only one getting Halo: ODST vibes from this game? I mean, how many times HAVEN'T we seen aliens attack earth?

My only gripe with this game is the terrible servers, wish they'd fix their crap already
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Yes, the game is totally fine to jump straight into. Am I the only one getting Halo: ODST vibes from this game? I mean, how many times HAVEN'T we seen aliens attack earth?
    Meh, at some points I do, but this game seems a lot more realistic, with a lot more thrill. It creates moments where I grip my mouse so tight that it completely fails to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Is this game fine to jump into without playing the previous Crysis Games? If not, can you please tell me the order I should play them? I hate jumping into Sequels without playing through the story of the first game lol
    I played very little Crysis 1 as my computer was unable to "take the heat". I love Crysis 2 with a passion and at no point do I feel like I've missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    My only gripe with this game is the terrible servers, wish they'd fix their crap already
    Agreed ):

While wearing a powered-up battle suit.

The game does not appear to support 7.1 sound, though. Also, the biggest problem I've had with it so far, is that it's a very dumbed-down version of the first game. Clearly more designed as a console game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Meh, at some points I do, but this game seems a lot more realistic, with a lot more thrill. It creates moments where I grip my mouse so tight that it completely fails to work.
    Hehe, I know that feel. I am just beside myself that my three year old computer can run this at Hardcore. I really wasn't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    My GTS 450 seems to handle it just fine at "Very High" without overheating, so I think I'll stay where I'm at.
    I'm running it on Extreme with my 6870 perfectly fine... however, I'm just wondering exactly what those settings are so I can use them as a reference for the config software... I feel I can get more eye candy out of it :P

Personally i wouldn't recommend spending money on Crysis 2 unless your an avid fps multiplayer.
    The singleplayer campaign is shallow and downright repetitive at the end. The AI is often missing in action with the enemies not responding to your presence.
    The multiplayer is fun, that is ofc if your into the CoD experience. Personally id recommend Bad Company 2 over this title anyday.

As others have mentioned the game runs great even on a "smaller" system, I tested it on one of my old rigs a E8400 with a 260 GTX and it runs smooth at 1920x1080p with second highest settings, can't recall the name for the setting and i don't feel like booting up the game right now =)
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-03-26 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    I'm running it on Extreme with my 6870 perfectly fine... however, I'm just wondering exactly what those settings are so I can use them as a reference for the config software... I feel I can get more eye candy out of it :P
    If you're an eyecandy man, these are what Crysis has to offer afaik:

Gamer = Low
    Advanced = Medium
    Hardcore = High

Dx11 will be patches eventually, but the game itself wasn't shipped along with it. So you'll have to wait until your screen starts pooping rainbows.

and to make this post even more related, I got a Geforce GTX 460 1gb OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Personally i wouldn't recommend spending money on Crysis 2 unless your an avid fps multiplayer.
    The singleplayer campaign is shallow and downright repetitive at the end. The AI is often missing in action with the enemies not responding to your presence.
    The multiplayer is fun, that is ofc if your into the CoD experience. Personally id recommend Bad Company 2 over this title anyday.

As others have mentioned the game runs great even on a "smaller" system, I tested it on one of my old rigs a E8400 with a 260 GTX and it runs smooth at 1920x1080p with second highest settings, can't recall the name for the setting and i don't feel like booting up the game right now =)
    The Multiplayer is amazing, and I adore the single player campaign. It seems so non-linear.

If you're an eyecandy man, these are what Crysis has to offer afaik:

Gamer = Low
    Advanced = Medium
    Hardcore = High

Dx11 will be patches eventually, but the game itself wasn't shipped along with it. So you'll have to wait until your screen starts pooping rainbows.

and to make this post even more related, I got a Geforce GTX 460 1gb OC.
    It's actually High, Very High, Extreme in the retail version. There is no Low or Medium setting

As I said, I play on Extreme and it's butter smooth, so I'm really hoping they get that DX11 patch out soon... I wants it.

However, it's still Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore on the extended demo edition.

Deleted
    It's actually High, Very High, Extreme in the retail version. There is no Low or Medium setting
    Was trying to make you guys catch my drift. Tho I must say I can barely see much difference between i.e. Gamer & Hardcore.

Gameplay-wise it's lovely. I haven't played a PC shooter since god knows how long (Team Fortress 2 release I believe), and to start it all again with this game was pure joy.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had my pre-ordered since the 24th, Play the game on max graphics, no frame rate issues. (ATi 5870 1G)
    Completed the game on normal to start off with, took about 6 hours.
    Went to jump on multiplayer and i cannot get past the log-in screen, Id recommend the game for the single player but don't get your hopes up for multiplayer just yet.. when no-one can do shit on it.