Need help with npcscan

I downloaded NPCscan to find Mysterious camel figurins, I have found 1 figurine, npcscan also alerted me about Armadillo, another rare guy, what i just noticed, i fly though uldum and found him again, but this time i diden't alert me, that means it wont alert me for camel figurine either, how do i fix this?

Thanks

You need to delete your NPC Cache.

Open your World of Warcraft Folder > Cache > WDB > enGB > delete the 'creaturecache.wdb'.

Funnily enough, I did exactly as you did tonight, and got the Armadillo rare, except I didn't find any Figurines.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-03-26 at 04:22 AM.

Found it, thanks man, Appreciate It
    Last edited by Heady; 2011-03-26 at 04:21 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's easier and faster to just delete the "Cache" folder completely. It won't hurt anything.

It's even easier to make a batch file and toss it into your startup folder, open notepad and type in
    Code:
    DEL /s /q "D:\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb"
    DEL /s /q "D:\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\npccache.wdb"
    (Replacing my paths with where you installed your wow to ofcourse)

Save the file as "Whatever.bat" wherever you want, then drag and drop the saved file into your Start Menu --> All Programs -- Startup, creating a shortcut there.

Now every time you start up your computer it cleans your cache and no need to worry about it anymore
    Last edited by Psykoticrage; 2011-03-26 at 02:19 PM. Reason: The spelling! It eludes me!

I do similar with a batch file, though deleting the creaturecache only instead of both.
    It will also open the launcher afterwards, being something that runs manually instead of when I start the computer.
    I have reason to clear it manually sometimes with logging back into the game immediately afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I do similar with a batch file, though deleting the creaturecache only instead of both.
    It will also open the launcher afterwards, being something that runs manually instead of when I start the computer.
    I have reason to clear it manually sometimes with logging back into the game immediately afterwards.
    I have windows 7 and tried to do the same thing thing, but it didn't work. What's the code you used to run launcher?

I installed the game outside of the default destination so I would avoid the farce with other locations to worry about, and rights issues etc.
    Assuming that everything is in the same folder.
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd cache\wdb\engb
    del creaturecache.wdb
    cd..
    cd..
    cd..
    start launcher.exe
    Has to be a better way I am sure of navigating back through the folders, but my limited experience with batch files left me with that.

Thanks, I had forgotten about echo off.
    I found my problem was a spelling mistake.
    I use psykoticrage's deletes, then
    cd c:\world of warcraft
    wow.exe
    I don't really need to run launcher as it already ran first time I was on. wow.exe takes you right to the logon.

I dont assume my folder is in any given location, so changing the current directory in that way is not what I want.
    Suppose its habit using the launcher instead of directly running the client, but it is personal choice.