Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nature's Swiftness now increases the amount healed by 50%

Change for druids.

Personally, I think that's a good new change for the lack of emergency buttons BUT is it only available for druids or for resto-shamans, too?

If restodruids get buffed, but shamans are forgotten I think it's rather ... well ... unfair to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamans get a new totem cooldown don´t they?

shaman is the best pvp healer currently, and you're getting a 3 second god mode cool down. I'll trade you if you like. the natures swiftness change is only for druids, and the totem change is only for shaman.

EDIT: NS as a druid is also often used for cyclone or hybernate when dukeing people. so its really more of an "ok maybe ill use this for a heal now"

Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    shaman is the best pvp healer currently, and you're getting a 3 second god mode cool down. I'll trade you if you like. the natures swiftness change is only for druids, and the totem change is only for shaman.

EDIT: NS as a druid is also often used for cyclone or hybernate when dukeing people. so its really more of an "ok maybe ill use this for a heal now"
    spirit link is hardly a godmode cooldown in PVP.

It basically amounts to nothing more than an instant heal for about half your HP. The totem has 5hp. Even if it's not destroyed (which would be dumb on the other teams part) it's not godmode at all.

Deleted
    shaman's are already the best healers, PvP wise, no need to increase their healing tbh.

We already have Unleash Elements to increase our next heal by 20% and that's enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    spirit link is hardly a godmode cooldown in PVP.

It basically amounts to nothing more than an instant heal for about half your HP. The totem has 5hp. Even if it's not destroyed (which would be dumb on the other teams part) it's not godmode at all.
    ah yea i was thinking of an old build of slt where dmg distribution was real time. meaning no one could die for duration, still extremely strong totem imo, and it will negate switching. any heal to either target effectively hits both through distribution(which now ticks each second for 6 seconds). I have druid and shaman both at high rateing and i dont wana say one is easier than the other, but the shaman definately has some amazing perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexaddict View Post
    We already have Unleash Elements to increase our next heal by 20% and that's enough imo.
    The problem is that UE isn't an "oh shit" button. If your tank (or whoever) needs healing NOW, so much so that you are going to blow your NS cooldown, there really isn't time to waste a GCD on UE first.

At this point I really don't care if it would be imbalanced in PVP. PVP is not balanced and it never will be, who cares if a shaman's NS heal hits a bit harder? It's not going to suddenly break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    ah yea i was thinking of an old build of slt where dmg distribution was real time. meaning no one could die for duration, still extremely strong totem imo, and it will negate switching. any heal to either target effectively hits both through distribution(which now ticks each second for 6 seconds). I have druid and shaman both at high rateing and i dont wana say one is easier than the other, but the shaman definately has some amazing perks.
    The totem has 5hp though. Anyone playing at high rating is going to destroy it instantly. It announces itself with a giant flashing green circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    The problem is that UE isn't an "oh shit" button. If your tank (or whoever) needs healing NOW, so much so that you are going to blow your NS cooldown, there really isn't time to waste a GCD on UE first.

At this point I really don't care if it would be imbalanced in PVP. PVP is not balanced and it never will be, who cares if a shaman's NS heal hits a bit harder? It's not going to suddenly break the game.

The totem has 5hp though. Anyone playing at high rating is going to destroy it instantly. It announces itself with a giant flashing green circle.

During our BWD run the other day, when we were up against Nef, our resto shaman had a 70k greater healing wave, now you mix that with NS and you got a pretty nice oh shit button. resto shaman are in a good place, and will be even better in 4.1 . Just keep in mind if they buff us we will seem OP and they will nerf us to lower than what we are now, so Id rather stay here then go lower in the end.

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 01:12 PM ----------

Also, learn to watch timers. Most all of the big dmg ur tank should be taking isnt coming as a surprise if you are paying attention. Learn to "charge" your big heal with UE befor you know you are going to need to cast it.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexaddict View Post
    What?

If the tank needs to be saved THIS INSTANT, you can't waste a global cd on casting Unleash..........?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    During our BWD run the other day, when we were up against Nef, our resto shaman had a 70k greater healing wave, now you mix that with NS and you got a pretty nice oh shit button. resto shaman are in a good place, and will be even better in 4.1 . Just keep in mind if they buff us we will seem OP and they will nerf us to lower than what we are now, so Id rather stay here then go lower in the end.

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 01:12 PM ----------

Also, learn to watch timers. Most all of the big dmg ur tank should be taking isnt coming as a surprise if you are paying attention. Learn to "charge" your big heal with UE befor you know you are going to need to cast it.
    Nothing you posted has anything to do with NS.

In an ideal raid encounter you would NEVER need to use NS. I know how to heal, I know how to precast, I know how to use UE. None of that has anything to do with what I originally posted which was that using UE to charge an NS'd heal would be pointless since the whole reason you are using NS is because you don't have time to cast a heal before that person dies. If you had time to waste a GCD on UE then you had time to cast a heal and didn't need NS in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arynor View Post
    If x gets buffed, but y is forgotten I think it's rather ... well ... unfair to be honest.

Hah, I love these. It will come, we get new updates every three days or so Wait for it, it will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arynor View Post
    Change for druids.

Personally, I think that's a good new change for the lack of emergency buttons BUT is it only available for druids or for resto-shamans, too?

If restodruids get buffed, but shamans are forgotten I think it's rather ... well ... unfair to be honest.
    Like I said earlier, Resto Shaman are getting a lot of love already in both 4.1 and also got some in 4.0.6. You can't seriously pretend we're being "forgotten", or that because druids got A buff, that we need a similar buff in addition to all the other buffs we're getting.

Deleted
    Ok. Seems that plenty of people disagree that restoshamans need an emergency spell. I thought they wanted one (as stated in many many posts in this forum).

Personally, I don't picture the new totem to be such an emergency spell .. because of the range limitation and that it has to be dropped next to the emergency.

For me this new NS-design made sense and seemed comparable to lay on hands.

Druid NS has a 3 min cd also though, ours is 2 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Druid NS has a 3 min cd also though, ours is 2 mins.
    Was going to post this also - the 50% bonus comes at the cost of a 50% longer cooldown. To me this seems like more a balance change. That said, given my OWN PERSONAL playstyle (emphasised because I know people will disagree with me) I'd prefer to have the Druid version with a longer cooldown but the healing bonus, since I tend to save NS+GHW for emergencies rather than using it on cd for throughput, and I've found that we don't have an emergency that needs my NS every 2 minutes so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Want to buy back Tidal Force! o/
    +...incorporated into NS :>

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Want to buy back Tidal Force! o/
    Yea, why did they remove it in the first place?

A 50% bigger heal is still barely ground breaking. Only thing use full to use it on will be HT put it from what 27k norm 38k crits to like 40k norm 56k crits? Hardly an amazing healing cd. We need something like LoH
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!