[Priest] Lightwell

Dear Priest users on MMO-Champion. I wanna hear your opinion about this:

Lightwell is as to date, kinda fucked up. You hafe to click it yourself, and if you're a DPS/Tank/Healer this will make you loose consetration, dps loss etc etc.

How about if the priest pops the Lightwell, and it automaticly cast a bolt of holy-energy to all targets below 60%, Healing them for a total of 10% of their HP. (Thus, this cannot happend to YOU more than every 8th second). The lightwell also has 25 Charges.

What do you think?

It's about making it easier for people, K0tY. I personally don't like to click the lightwell. It's not hard, it's just really annoying. So i thought that my idea could help.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post

Lightwell is as to date, kinda fucked up. You hafe to click it yourself, and if you're a DPS/Tank/Healer this will make you loose consetration, dps loss etc etc.

How about if the priest pops the Lightwell, and it automaticly cast a bolt of holy-energy to all targets below 60%, Healing them for a total of 10% of their HP. (Thus, this cannot happend to YOU more than every 8th second). The lightwell also has 25 Charges.

What do you think?
    This has been suggested a trillion times, and Blizzard have stated they are happy how it is now.

Tbh, I was on your side up until Cataclysm, but when the expansion hit and I taught my guildies to use Lightwell I learned how amazing it is. Everybody I raid with love it, and if you can't handle pressing the lightwell without losing your concentration, perhaps raiding is a bit too complicated for you?

Deleted
    Judging from your spelling I'm sure the advanced concept of clicking the lightwell is far above your mental capabilities.

The user has been infracted for this post. - Elyaan.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-03-26 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Judging from your spelling I'm sure the advanced concept of clicking the lightwell is far above your mental capabilities.
    Really, Roest. Im just making a suggestion here. I manage to click it very well. Im just asking about opinions. People like you are just sad, bashing on others to make yourself feel good. All i did was make a suggestion :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I use to put Lightwell down alot expecting ppl to use it, but hardly anyone used it; rocking disc now. I've played tank, melee dps, and caster dps, I personally hardly use it b/c i like for my camera to be zoomed in so I can see my toon better and if i'm standing in void zones(etc.) I hardly noticed the lightwell. Would be nice if we could make a macro to /tar /use it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i click the lightwell then how will i click rend?

OT: Clicking the lightwell doesnt interupt your casting or you melee swings and only takes 1 second to do, it really isn't as clunky as you make it out to be.

Deleted
    Lightwell is one of the few completely unique skills left in the game, sure it's irritating as hell trying to get people to click it but it's a very intesting and extremely potent if used properly.

For all the DPS that complain "it takes concentration" I think they should be forced to tank, and then heal some heroics/raids for a week or so to see what it's like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    English is not everyone's main langauge.

I try and place mine in areas where people will be stacking or traveling through, it seems to be getting used.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ Roest - Please don't dedicate an entire post to nothing but making fun of another person. It's not constructive and it's rude.

@ OP: While I respect your opinion, I must disagree.
    The lightwell, in addition to being unique to holy priests, which I like, is AWESOME.
    In raids, it's extremely nice to be in one place, say, with the other ranged, and have a lightwell in with the melee, which they can click if they get in trouble. In a heroic, it is nice for fights like temple guardian in HoO: I drop it at the top of the steps, so people can get healed while they run up, since most will be out of LoS for a few seconds while we all run up from the pit and regroup.
    Also, it is one of the most mana-efficient heals in a holy priest's inventory, great for a healer who is generally less mana-efficient than others.
    Finally, as previously stated, the lightwell can be clicked while moving, does not interrupt melee swings (or reset swing timer) or casts. Think of it as a stationary, instant bandage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.

What do you think?
    The part where you say lose concentration is the part which makes hardcores hardcores and casuals casuals (yes there are many exceptions in both and not everyone can be classified like that, just needed an example.)
    I prefer the old design over your new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a dps loss at all. Unless your a clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    The part where you say lose concentration is the part which makes hardcores hardcores and casuals casuals (yes there are many exceptions in both and not everyone can be classified like that, just needed an example.)
    I prefer the old design over your new one.
    Hardcore =/= good player.
    Casual =/= bad player.

Hardcore = Big time investment in the game. Can be a good, but also be a bad player.
    Casual = medium/low time investment in the game. Some people play 2 raids a week for 3 hours and have 9/13H+ progress.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-03-26 at 12:07 PM.

Moved to the Priest Forums.

Deleted
    It's about making it easier for people, K0tY. I personally don't like to click the lightwell. It's not hard, it's just really annoying. So i thought that my idea could help.
    get used to it, it´s the best heal/mana spell in the game, you really(i mean REALLY) notice the difference in using and not using it during feud/halfus roar/cho p2.....

How about if the priest pops the Lightwell, and it automaticly cast a bolt of holy-energy to all targets below 60%, Healing them for a total of 10% of their HP. (Thus, this cannot happend to YOU more than every 8th second)
    honestly, i think we have enough smart heals already
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2011-03-26 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Moved to the Priest Forums.
    And closed. --Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~