Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Mages are balanced. Lol

I read the "Ask the Devs - Answers #2 "PvP" which is posted sometimes and i noticed this in the last question.

"Q: Frost Mage and Blood Death Knight are almost unbeatable in PvP situations. Do you have any plan to adjust balance issues regarding the two Classes? – ????? (Korea)

A: The kit of the Frost mage is to have a lot of control and emergency buttons. This gives them a high skill cap, both in that it can be hard to stop a good Frost mage and it can be hard for less skilled PvP players to handle even a decent Frost mage. At the high end of PvP, we think Frost mages are balanced"

This made my day.

Oh and yeah, i am whining and i think that Frost mages are way to buffed compared to some of the other classes. And yet, the still seems to buff the Frost spec in the upcomming patch 4.1

Deleted
    I don't get your point, he is completely right. At lower rating people have problems with Frost Mages, but at higher rating, they're really not that big a deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    I don't get your point, he is completely right. At lower rating people have problems with Frost Mages, but at higher rating, they're really not that big a deal.
    So the blizzard "Balancing" classes is all about high rating pvp? And not for the people only doing battlegrounds?

I myself play a warrior and i'm not having the big kind of problems with mages atm, at the rating i at am, because of the nerf the got in the earlier patches. But now i see the buff's coming back, and i dont get it.. Why is it that mages have to be so "overpowered" against people who are not skilled?

I do also have a mage, as my alt. And my opinion is that is takes really no-skill to play a frost mage...
    A low skilled mage agaisnt a low skilled any other class -> The mage would win everytime..

Deleted
    Dude, mages are not OP at higher rating, they're always the kill target, and they do have a huge skill cap.

And the buffs theyre getting in 4.1 is justified.

And no i dont play a mage.

Deleted
    They said they were taking step to normalize the difference between f mage vs noob player, and f mage vs skilled player, with later getting buffs and former getting nerfs.

also no one wants to remember the diminishing return nerf they got at the beginning of 4.1 patch notes.

but all and all please stop will all the f&#@ing qq threads about mages it is getting tiresome
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freayce View Post
    So the blizzard "Balancing" classes is all about high rating pvp? And not for the people only doing battlegrounds?

I myself play a warrior and i'm not having the big kind of problems with mages atm, at the rating i at am, because of the nerf the got in the earlier patches. But now i see the buff's coming back, and i dont get it.. Why is it that mages have to be so "overpowered" against people who are not skilled?

I do also have a mage, as my alt. And my opinion is that is takes really no-skill to play a frost mage...
    A low skilled mage agaisnt a low skilled any other class -> The mage would win everytime..
    Why is the Sun hot? Why is the world moving? Why do birds fly?
    BfA Beta Time

currently like others said at higher rating frost mages are not a big issue as long as you train them but with the upcoming patch buffs there will be some serious qq towards mages

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Why is the Sun hot? Why is the world moving? Why do birds fly?
    LOL thank you for that XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, they're not overpowered at all. Only a large majority are clueless as to how they're supposed to be countered. This is not a bad thing. It's one thing saying "X class/spec is too powerful, it can't be killed under fair circumstances", and another saying "X class/spec is too good for me, I'm not good enough to kill him under fair circumstances". The latter is a good thing, you shouldn't be able to beat someone when you're not skilled enough to do so. When the hotshots on AJ starts complaining, and actual esteemed PvP players start bringing it up as a problem, I will as well. Right now, it's not like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should play a class to its full potential...
    If you play a mage in "organized" pvp, then you should know you have a perma skull on your face and everyone wants you dead.

or just tell blizzard they are wrong at everything they do, even thought you give them 12 bucks a month.

The dmg a Frost Mage dishes out is not the problem. No doubt, if you're resilience is low, a Frost Mage will destroy you. At the high end of PVP, they're dmg is right in line with other classes. The problem is their high level of survival and control abilities and how each of them interact with each other to be even more overpowered. A Frost Mage possesses way too much utility all of which are on a rather low Cd I might add. And, they sacrifice "zero" in return. No other class has the following :
    - 3 shields (including Ice Block), no other class possesses more than 1.
    - 3 active ways to root a target, 1 passive way for a total of 4, no other class possesses more than 1.
    - 3 mechanisms for CC (counter spell, sheep (no cd I might add) and freeze).
    Add to the fact, a Frost Mage can hit you with 4 pts of attack at the same time (mirror image, flame orb, elemental and whatever the mage is casting at the time), no other class can you hit with more than 2 pts of attack, save one, a warlock.

If you subscribe to the thought PVP is imbalanced, you'll hate it even more after the next patch. Blizzards, for some unknown reason, wants Mages to be OP, that's the bottom line.

I read the "Ask the Devs - Answers #2 "PvP" which is posted sometimes and i noticed this in the last question.

"Q: Frost Mage and Blood Death Knight are almost unbeatable in PvP situations. Do you have any plan to adjust balance issues regarding the two Classes? – ????? (Korea)

A: The kit of the Frost mage is to have a lot of control and emergency buttons. This gives them a high skill cap, both in that it can be hard to stop a good Frost mage and it can be hard for less skilled PvP players to handle even a decent Frost mage. At the high end of PvP, we think Frost mages are balanced"

This made my day.

Oh and yeah, i am whining and i think that Frost mages are way to buffed compared to some of the other classes. And yet, the still seems to buff the Frost spec in the upcomming patch 4.1
    u need to link ur 1750 rating achievement.......
    don't you hate blizzard when they only listen to pro players not a piece of crap like you.
    and yes i look down at you because you spent 50% of your life on wow and still sucking.
    Last edited by prowessjen; 2011-03-26 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    SoWhy is it that mages have to be so "overpowered" against people who are not skilled?

When paladins got buffed in the Wrath pre-patch, they just destroyed less skilled and geared people, "dominating" BGs and lower level arenas, while still having trouble against skilled/geared players at higher ratings. Blizzard's solution? Nerf paladins in an attempt to make them suck against bad players too.

But when it's about mages... well, you all see their philosophy there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    You should play a class to its full potential...
    If you play a mage in "organized" pvp, then you should know you have a perma skull on your face and everyone wants you dead.

or just tell blizzard they are wrong at everything they do, even thought you give them 12 bucks a month.
    The fact that you pay for a product makes it all the more reasonable to complain when you feel the product is not satisfactory.

This made my day.

guess you're bad at PvP. only people who are bad complain about frost mages.

I dont fear frost mages in the occational BG I do.

//A cat druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Koridian View Post
    The dmg a Frost Mage dishes out is not the problem. No doubt, if you're resilience is low, a Frost Mage will destroy you. At the high end of PVP, they're dmg is right in line with other classes. The problem is their high level of survival and control abilities and how each of them interact with each other to be even more overpowered. A Frost Mage possesses way too much utility all of which are on a rather low Cd I might add. And, they sacrifice "zero" in return. No other class has the following :
    - 3 active ways to root a target, 1 passive way for a total of 4, no other class possesses more than 1.
    Add to the fact, a Frost Mage can hit you with 4 pts of attack at the same time (mirror image, flame orb, elemental and whatever the mage is casting at the time), no other class can you hit with more than 2 pts of attack, save one, a warlock.

If you subscribe to the thought PVP is imbalanced, you'll hate it even more after the next patch. Blizzards, for some unknown reason, wants Mages to be OP, that's the bottom line.
    You also forget to mention the fact that at anything above 1650 rating, every person in the game is smart enough to dispel their shields, dispell their CC, and train the mage to hell. At even mid ratings in PvP mages get trained to hell and any smart person takes them down in a few seconds. If you're not tunneling the mage and you're getting caught in the "HOLY SHIT THERES A HUGE RING OF FOG THAT IM NOT GOING TO AVOID" you damn well deserve to lose.

Mages aren't OP, you're just bad. Thats the bottom line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koridian View Post

Here's a counter argument: Dispel Magic, Devour Magic, Tranquilizing Shot, Purge, and Spellsteal.
    BfA Beta Time

the reason mages "have to be overpowered" to people who don't pvp well, is because... those people suck? if you suck at something don't complain about it. get better at it.