When I'm bored, I sometimes do a little mind game in my own. I try to pick up spells, abilities and items and WoWify them. Those are things like Magic: The Gathering cards, glyphs from Desktop Dungeons, or anything else.
The basic idea is done a million times before. For example:

A Mario mushroom, remade for the card game Magic: The Gathering, while still holding the attributes of the mushroom: it makes you more powerful, and if you're damaged (not the same as killed, like Mario in lava or abyss), you lose the power-up.
Well, I do the same, but to WoW. Just a document Word, even without saving the document afterwards. But I keep myself busy for a while. Such things don't need to be balanced, just fun in general. Blizzard doesn't need to be implement these spells, it's just a bit brainstorming for the creative mind.

Mushroom -- 10% base mana
Increases the friendly target's attack power by 50% and makes him/her bigger. Lasts until cancelled or dealt damage. (Source: Mario)

Magic Armor -- Item (Plate/Chest)
Armor: 0
Equip: You don't lose health for being dealt damage.
Equip: Lose 1 copper for each point of damage you take.
Equip: Lose 2 silver each second.
When you have 0 copper left, the armor's durability becomes 0 and your movement speed is decreased by 60%.
(Source: Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Which things can you create for new WoW spells, abilties, items, glyphs, ...? Please post below.