Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    White people are becoming the target of racism in my opinion. With special rights being made for "ethnic minorities" (i hate that term), whites are being put at a disadvantage. we do not have a lot affirmative action in New Zealand afaik but there are a few instances of maoris getting mad because they foolishly believe that the white man owes them something for "stealing their land" with the treaty of waitangi, every year on waitangi day they always stage some protest or kick up a big fuss.

They also have maori scholarships but i do not see any white scholarships, why can't they just have scholarships with no racial difference and the students who have the best grades will get them. There was also a big thing a couple of years ago where a political group were trying to get university places for maori without having met the requirements in high school because there were not a lot of maori university graduates. Utterly ridiculous.

No because black students are far worse off and have significantly lower chances to get into college. Do i think it's exceedingly lame that black kids go to college for free even though i have higher grades? Sure, but i also realize that as a majority they are statistically at a huge disadvantage.
    How are they disadvantaged in any way shape or form for getting into college, if they applied themselves in school to get better grades than you did then it would be right to deny you entrance in favor of a black student not because of skin color, but academic performance. if they can't get the good grades then they don't deserve to go to college in favor of someone who worked hard to get the grades.

race should be completely irrelevant in law, politics etc.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

legalise weed and prescribe it to the majority of the people who think they are victims.

The real victims are those in the country's getting invaded and jobs taken, giving money to other country's that are better off while they stil have kids in poverty in there own. We have the right to be pissed and say a few bad words don't ya think? common we give im jobs and money and health care for gods sake getting the pissed take out of and resciving money a bad thing?

I think not if someone would like to pay me a little money i will sit and listen to your insults all day long doesn't bother me in the slightest grow a thicker skin and grow up with it. if not try weed you wont care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    No because black students are far worse off and have significantly lower chances to get into college. Do i think it's exceedingly lame that black kids go to college for free even though i have higher grades? Sure, but i also realize that as a majority they are statistically at a huge disadvantage.
    Explain to me how a black kid that is equal in skill as the white kid, and in a identical economic situation - has a harder time getting into college than the white kid?

You can look at statistics all day, but that won't solve anything until you can actually pinpoint the problem.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2011-03-29 at 08:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's a take a chill with the current trend on discussion. Getting very close to the line...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    here in ireland its not racism thats the problem, sectarenism is still a huge problem :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swekaka View Post
    No, they're not racists. They just want to limit the number of immigrants so we can help those we already have problems with. You see, Rosengård is a ghetto. Do we want ghettos in Sweden? No, maybe you want. But I don't. Too many immigrants doesn't have jobs. They are living on our hard earned money. DO NOT. I repeat: DO NOT let ANYONE who can be seen as a threat to our country. I don't want any people who just scream "svennejävlar" all day long. I want respect from everyone. I believe Finland has a rule that every immigrant got aroudn 6 mounths to get a job. IOr else they're kicked out of the country. That's a good rule.
    Just want to correct thats not true. We have pretty much even more crazy welfare system in Finland that allows immigrants easely exploit it and have a lifetime vacation as unemployed leechers. Even if an immigrant commits a crime (rape, robbery) they'll get the usual Finn joke sentence (some rapists don't even get jail, I'm not joking). Deportation is rare and happens only to those immigrants who constantly commit serious crimes.

Unemployed immigrants can "earn" (thanks to the crazy taxes on Finns) MORE money than average employed Finn worker. Immigrants get these special "cultural" welfare support. An unemployed immigrant family with 3 kids, husband and wife gets +2200€ per month from welfare. Plus they don't have to pay some taxes and goverment can pay their apartment and car, yes, CAR (max value 15 000€)! An unemployed/studying Finn can only dream on these benefits.

Thanks to some crazy politicians (mostly old and young treehugger women) who made this welfare system and made immigration on here so easy that our goverment PAYS, yes, PAYS the immigration travelling. That means those poor somalis from Africa can come to Finland for totally FREE. What? No proper ID? lol np! You still can come DD. And if you miss your country and want to visit there at some point our dear goverment can PAY AGAIN your travelling. This means immigrants can have free trips to their home country. Again, not joking.

And whats the result from this madness? Ghettos, increasing rapes and crime, high unemployment rate (duh) and increasing racism which now I'll get to the topic: Finland has always been bit racist towards blacks. Hell, we even had a candy officially named "a nigger kiss" and word "nigger" (neekeri) was a neutral word. BUT at least in neighborhood I lived (in capital city) we didn't think negatively on blacks at all back in the 90's. We think that some cultural enrichment is nice for our country and to our "hillbilly" heads. Most immigrants even got employed back then and they HAD to settle to our country since immigration wasn't so high and their own culture wasn't so present (and welfare system for them wasn't so freaking crazy).

But now that mostly muslim, African low-educated immigrants are leeching and causing troubles (muslim are constantly demanding more ridiculous "rights"). More people are getting more critic towards "outsiders". Some political party which is against immigration is getting a lot support, it's possible that that party will be most voted on next election which is next month.

I myself don't have any problems on immigrants who come for honest, working life. These somali and low-educated muslims leechers just honestly piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like people who are completely agaisnt racism, yet go around making fun of their own religion/race. Doing something yourself gives others the idea it's acceptable, then complaining once they follow what you are saying is ridiculous.

I don't mind immigrants, but when they come here for the benefits or try to enforce their religion into our country then it is time for them to GTFO. If you are going to live over here, don't try to change it. Having your own religion is fine, but do not publicly display it. Like people who hold hands/kiss and touch in public, it really pisses me off. You can do that shit, fine, but do it in your own privacy.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfoxx View Post
    I really don't like people who are completely agaisnt racism, yet go around making fun of their own religion/race. Doing something yourself gives others the idea it's acceptable, then complaining once they follow what you are saying is ridiculous.
    This is a common argument I see regarding the abundant use of the N-word by black people. It is kind of ridiculous that we inundate an entire generation (the generation that listens to rap) with a word and then tell them if they EVER use it, they are racist, unfit for normal society, etc.

Personally, I didn't realize Europe, ESPECIALLY the Scandinavian countries, were having so many problems with immigration! Finland, Norway, and Sweden are always among the top countries for overall quality of life, and I had always thought the reasoning behind that was low immigration rates, high taxes, and lots of government support (healthcare, education, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun View Post
    And whats the result from this madness? Ghettos, increasing rapes and crime, high unemployment rate (duh) and increasing racism which now I'll get to the topic: Finland has always been bit racist towards blacks. Hell, we even had a candy officially named "a nigger kiss" and word "nigger" (neekeri) was a neutral word.
    That's a fine example of blowing an issue out of proportion and making it sound like a HUGE problem. Ghettos? Really? Go to real ghettos and then compare the Finnish environments. The problem is that people are ready to blame another nationality for their problems. Immigrants commit crimes but the vast majority of crimes are done by 100% Finnish people, not immigrants, even if the number of crimes committed by immigrants is %-wise larger. And the image the "True Finns" party is trying to convey is that all rapes are committed by somali refugees. They're not, and one of the biggest issues in terms of these social criminal issues is domestic violence that's really typical to Finns.

High unemployment rate also has nothing to do with our immigration policy but is a bigger and larger scale problem. It's just nice to have someone else to blame, isn't it?

It's also been researched that in times of economical hardship, nationalism and conservatism gain popularity because people think everything was better "back in the old days". And it seems that's exactly where Finland's headed. So probably racism here will only get worse in the near future.

Deleted
    Im persian. I gotta say that here in Sweden there is alot racism against swedish people from muslims.

Looks like only white people can be racists. I hate all kind of racism but this have went to far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    High unemployment rate also has nothing to do with our immigration policy but is a bigger and larger scale problem. It's just nice to have someone else to blame, isn't it?
    High unemployment in Finland does have to do with immigration - but not in the way you think. Alot of immigrants do not participate in the work force for various reasons (instead enjoy social security income), which increases the amount of unemployed.
    However, cheap immigrant labour should really be seen as a great enteprenourial opportunity, too bad Finland is such a hostile environment to start and run a company (the biggest reason for unemployment).