10+ Year Old Account

Theralion and Valiona Heroic

So working on this one right now and getting some serious problems with the blackout, since it isn't possible to dispell the blackout.
    Is there another way to have it go off without dipelling?

What? What do you mean "it isn't possible to dispell" ? My guild dispells it normally.

Heal it up.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What? What do you mean "it isn't possible to dispell" ? My guild dispells it normally.
    On heroic it isn't possible to dispell the blackout mate

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Heal it up.
    for how much do you need to heal?

Deleted
    its not possible to dispell it ten man but if u heal them for like 40k or so, it causes blackout effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you gonna see if it works, working on it right now always fun to post when raiding ><

Deleted
    blackout absorbs an amount of healing so instead of dispelling you just have to heal that target
    its about 75k absorb if im not mistaken
    Last edited by mmoc5a923fcb3b; 2011-03-26 at 08:16 PM.

Hi,
    We're working on this one as well, but can't find much information about how the "down" team is organized on 25 man. Is only one team ideal, or do guilds use 2 teams, and when do they go down and for how long ? Thanks in advance for any help!

On heroic 10man it's 50,000 damage you need to heal to make it explode, basically one heal from each of your three healers will probably be enough combined with the aoe healing that's going, what we do is we stack for blackout, 3 seconds after the blackout has been casted every healer tosses a heal to the target, it explodes + immediately spread out again. We are never stacked up for longer than 4-5 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read the tooltip. It must be healed for 40 or 50K total (can't remember it) in 10man before it explodes. It makes the collapse/spread timing of Blackouts much harder, forcing you to take more blast splash damage.

Deleted
    its a 40k heal required in 10m. Can be a pain when you're shooting a penance etc and it insta dispels but meh, doesnt happen too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozie-EU View Post
    Hi,
    We're working on this one as well, but can't find much information about how the "down" team is organized on 25 man. Is only one team ideal, or do guilds use 2 teams, and when do they go down and for how long ? Thanks in advance for any help!
    We use 3 teams, each with 1 healer and 2-3 dps. The healer yells when to leave, and the dps with healing / Survivabilty CD's stay until they need to leave.

My guild used to send like 2-3 sub rogues down there with a druid going in with them initially to hot them up. This was pre damage nerf. Now you can probaby have 1-2 rogue stay down indefinitely and get the job done. This week we had no rogues so we had zerg it.

We just got this last week in 10man without a rouge to make it easy.

Valiona phase we assign people who will soak the blackout. I play a resto shaman and unless I have blackout I do not run in. I'm assigned to heal off the blackout debuff when the person gets in range. Basically as people start collapsing i being my GHW on the blackout target so that it lands as soon as they're stacked, this is almost always enough with all the other heals to remove the debuff.

During the first dazzling phase we wait until the last 2 patches spawn and then myself an spriest and an elemental shaman go downstairs and kill all of the adds, we then get out. This is usually around 30-50 seconds before deep breath. Right before deep breath the tank will get 5 stacks and be sent downstairs. We found that sending a mage and a healer down with the tank worked best for us for dealing with the additional adds spawning in twlight realm. These 2 need to be careful because the deep breath hits the twilight realm as well. They mop up whatever they can and then get out when there debuff starts getting to high.

During the 2nd dazzling phase we send down the first team again, they mop up whats left and then from that point on everyone stays up top to finish off the boss. Do note that during that 2nd dazzling phase someone is going to get a blackout if its someone going downstairs hopefully they can iceblock etc through it. If not, hopefully you can power through the end of the fight.

You may also want to send someone with blackout off to die alone once your'e sub 20% it's not worth risking a wipe to dispel if people are low on health and healers are already stressed.

Good lock

Quote Originally Posted by Boozie-EU View Post
    Hi,
    We used 3 sub rogues rogues (25 man) basicly specced into all the possible damage reduction stuff that where in the twilight realm for the entire fight resetting their stacks with cloak and keeping themself alive with recuperate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    We just got this last week in 10man without a rouge to make it easy.

Valiona phase we assign people who will soak the blackout. I play a resto shaman and unless I have blackout I do not run in. I'm assigned to heal off the blackout debuff when the person gets in range. Basically as people start collapsing i being my GHW on the blackout target so that it lands as soon as they're stacked, this is almost always enough with all the other heals to remove the debuff.
    This is what we do as well. Our shaman is the only one bar the tank that doesn't soak. He heals the target up so it goes off as soon as everyone is gathered, minimizing splash damage. If he gets the blackout, he uses that ability which allows him to cast while moving.