Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Any tips on how not to suck as a dk

I hear alot of people say oh dks are op this and that but i dont see it either its just not the class fo me or im doing something wrong my dps is always on the low end so any tips on rotation or anything that won't make me so noobish is appreciated
    My pew pew makes you qq

Elitist jerks brah

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I'm not your "BRAH"
    2. If i wanted to go to elitist jerks i wouldn't have asked for help here

Please refrain from being a jerk all i asked was for some help
    My pew pew makes you qq

Ok what exactly do you need help with? U cant just ask how not to suck, we need specifics

Deleted
    Wich way are you rolling your head? Right to left? Try left to right instead then, might work better.

Deleted
    1. Calm down
    2. do look at EJ
    3. practice pracitce practice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetriss View Post
    Ok what exactly do you need help with? U cant just ask how not to suck, we need specifics
    Like whats the best spec for me to do max damage any tips on rotation anything you can provide me with im sure would be of help i've made several attempts at playing a dk and it just seems like my damage is blah to say the least i see all these geared dks soloing stuff that i wouldnt normally even attempt unless i was on my paladin

ill make simple ive played a little on all three trees blood i know is tanking and unholy and frost is dps but whats the best between unholy and frost as far damage goes or are they about the same
    My pew pew makes you qq

Quote Originally Posted by gyoz View Post
    1. I'm not your "BRAH"
    2. If i wanted to go to elitist jerks i wouldn't have asked for help here

Please refrain from being a jerk all i asked was for some help
    And he's not you're buddy, guy. All he did was point out the website that was basically used to find information on any given wow class and has been used almost religiously by DK's through out WotLK. Of course you could also check the stickied threads that explain how DK's work too.

No sense making another "help me" thread to pile on top of the others at the back of the thread list imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone here so far but the OP and possibly moltor needs to lighten up a bit, and help the poor guy, he came to a wow website for help, sending him to a different website doesn't work, its just the easy way out, however - Tetriss is right, sucking can be minor or major, and with out any clues
    ( spec/gear/ maybe an armory link) No one will be able to help you, i'd be happy to if you could give me some more information

Unholy n frost damge is around the same, but first off, do u click your spells or keybind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetriss View Post
    Unholy n frost damge is around the same, but first off, do u click your spells or keybind?
    he almost obviously clicks, or didn't keybind comfortably, still i have friends that click and pull 10-11k dps

Firstly, read up on theory crafting sites to check your talents, gearing and reforging is correct.
    Secondly, learn your rotation from these sites. There is no exact rotation, merely a priority system.
    Thirdly, there are addons available which have a small ui that tells you the next 'spell' to use, I would recommend the use of such addons for beginners to a class, however, over time you will just memorise the rotation.

Step 1: Place face on keyboard.
    Step 2: Begin rolling face to the left, then to the right, make sure its to the left first for optimal performance.
    Step 3: Repeat Steps 1-2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Wich way are you rolling your head? Right to left? Try left to right instead then, might work better.
    +1 internetz for you, sir. made me lol irl

ok, look up my character beranabuzz US-Illidan, and copy my specs and stat weights for my frost pve, and my other spec is unholy pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    Firstly, read up on theory crafting sites to check your talents, gearing and reforging is correct.
    Secondly, learn your rotation from these sites. There is no exact rotation, merely a priority system.
    Thirdly, there are addons available which have a small ui that tells you the next 'spell' to use, I would recommend the use of such addons for beginners to a class, however, over time you will just memorise the rotation.
    what addon would you suggest good sir
    My pew pew makes you qq

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Everyone here so far but the OP and possibly moltor needs to lighten up a bit, and help the poor guy, he came to a wow website for help, sending him to a different website doesn't work, its just the easy way out, however - Tetriss is right, sucking can be minor or major, and with out any clues
    ( spec/gear/ maybe an armory link) No one will be able to help you, i'd be happy to if you could give me some more information
    They come to a WoW forum and didn't check out the stickies pertaining to the DK class that explain everything about DK's in their functioning roles?

That doesn't sound like they're interested in trying to find the answer, it looks more like they want the answer given to them on a platter. If such guides pertaining to the OP's question weren't present on this website's forums I'd prolly "lighten up"

This thread is out there. Way out there. First let's deal with spec. Do you like dual wielding r using a two hander? If you say dw, then go frost. Of you say two hander, ask yourself If u like pet classes or not. If yes go unholy. If no then two handed frost.

Make sure your hit and expertise capped first an foremost above all else.
    Make sure you have the right glyphs second and onebehind foremost
    learn the class. EJ has some great reads. I'm sure you don't even know exactly how deathrunes and runetap work.
    Fully enchant and gem and reforge your gear.
    You will not hit a training dummy or 5 man heroic boss like u would in a 25 man raid, so get over that

Anything else, need armory, logs, temperature, and humidity

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres a little help.. this is for 2h frost, but without much more info i can't help
    Dual Wield
    Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Agility
    Two Hand
    Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Agility
    http://wowtal.com/#k=ewAkeae5.ala.deathknight.-3sZH_ <- May not be optimal, but will definatly work well