Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who here should get Dark Intent

My issue right now in my 10mans the locks put DI both on my rdruid because of the dps increase for them both, we are worried it seems a waste since I dont need that much haste. But the only other choices are the holy priest, ele shaman, combat rogue atm the priest thinks he needs it the most so he can reforge around but is offering really no return for the locks they barely ever make a 3 stack on most fights and lose like 3k dps. We only count maybe 15-20 hot crits over a given fight example Ascendant Council last night. What I am looking at is we are not having a healing issue at all on fights, so I figure dps would work better for DI. At the moment looks best to keep both on my druid would be the biggest dps increase for the raid, I know from my rogue as combat its nice the haste but worthless to the lock it never really stays 3stacked. Last things, we do give it to the priest on Chimeraon for the haste for spells and Im looking for a solution cause tired of raid bickering cause I could care less about the extra haste. Please and thank you for any help.
    Basically Im looking to stop the bickering, so proof that either a waste the way we have it now is good/bad or maybe the priest is doing something wrong or maybe something else we arent seeing as an option?

From the Warlock Dark Intent Stickie
    Raid Dps Gain
    Combat Rogue 1952 dps
    Elemental Shaman 1938 dps

My Raid's Holy Priest Average -3000 dps (a bit more healing and reforging around)("Info from raiding logs")
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

In my opinion I'd put it on the combat rogue. Unless the fight is extremely melee hated meaning that they have long periods of time when they just cant dps the boss period, I'd put it on the ele shaman in that case

For healing I'd put it on either a resto druid or holy priest. Its hard to say really since I dont play a warlock or either one of the 2 healers. But they both seem equal. It'd just depend on how much crit they have

What is this... BOTH warlocks putting DI on the SAME druid? What? .... ¬_¬ Obviously put it on the rogue or ele, who cares about personal dps.

Deleted
    What other classes/speccs are in your composition?

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    What other classes/speccs are in your composition?
    Yeah we should have this info too if you wish for more assistance or the best that you are asking for

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    We normally roll with a combat rogue, a unholy DK(myself), a hunter, a fire mage and a warlock. Healing is rarely an issue with us so we just go for the quicker kill. We had the same argument but our raidleader decided to give dark intent to me, as I squeeze out the most damage. You should probably do this aswell. If there's no real gap in between ppl's damage, read the next post

Dark intent is always better on a restodruid than a holy priest, in any case.
    Just give it to whoever does most dps really - the more they do, the more they benefit I guess.

Dark Intent: the guide

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-%282010-12-24

tldr: give to the fire mage.

Give it to whoever has the most periodic healing or damage. The proc only works off periodic stuff, not direct stuff. IT works on diseases, dots, hots, things like that. It doesn't work off things like icelance, chaos bolt smite, or any other ability that is one off, direct damage.

Sure everyone can benefit from the 3% haste, but if they aren't critting with periodic damage or healing, you will not be getting an extra 3/6/9% increased damage, depending on how many times it stacks.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-03-26 at 11:38 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I only listed the viable classes before thus "the only choices" comment, we got a Prot pally, Blood/2hFrost DK, Ret pally, Combat Rogue, Ele shaman, resto druid, Holy pally, Holy priest, 2 desto/Afflict locks.

Normally both DIs on my resto druid,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    What is this... BOTH warlocks putting DI on the SAME druid? What? .... ¬_¬ Obviously put it on the rogue or ele, who cares about personal dps.
    Normally I agree personal dps is bad but in this case its better than the raid benefit it looks like the combat rogue/ele shaman barely get a 1k dps increase and the lock gets about the same that 2k to the 3k of having it on the druid.
    The holy priest idk what he does but the locks never even get a 3 stack hell a 2stack if they are lucky, his only argument is that he could then reforge more spirit instead of haste.
    We arent having healing issue we are usually having dps issues atm so I dont see the need to give to the holy priest.
    I also stated before that I also raid on a combat rogue and know that DI is pretty much useless on one for an overall raid benefit unless their is no better choice, the haste is nice but the damage increase to DP and Rupt is not that noticable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    For healing I'd put it on either a resto druid or holy priest. Its hard to say really since I dont play a warlock or either one of the 2 healers. But they both seem equal. It'd just depend on how much crit they have
    Not even close over most fights I average about 250 hot crits were as the priest was averaging 20 - 30 hot crits (thus why im assuming hes doing something wrong seems low)
    Last edited by Plexiforce; 2011-03-26 at 11:56 PM.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

The holy priest idk what he does but the locks never even get a 3 stack hell a 2stack
    If the holy priest is casting mostly spells that heal for a set amount, with no heal over time factor, your warlock will not get many stacks. It only procs off over time spells like Renew (heals for X amount of Y seconds), not Heal (heals for X amount).

That's why your DI's are going crazy when you have them on the resto druid. He has a hell of a lot of heals over time effects. Almost all of his healing spells are heal over time spells. He has very few single use one off heal spells.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-03-26 at 11:50 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I dno how it works but cant your locks use it on each other?

(Dont flame me I am about to go to bed so cba to read up how it works)

nn hope you find a solution.

Deleted
    If you're not having healing issues, I'd put 1 on the Rogue and 1 on the Ele Shammy as raid dps > personal dps.

That said, I'd just make the locks justify their choices, either they DI who they wish and put out excellent personal dps, or they don't and the DI's get used to produce the most raid dps.
    And / Or let the ppl that want DI prove why they should get it via improved dps.

they can but the other lock only gets the benefit of the haste you can only have one of the stacking Damage/healing increase, it would only work if they circle jerk it but then that would be a case of personal dps over raid benefit.

One DI is always gonna be on my druid the benefit to the raid is huge 9% healing to most of my heals and 3k+ dps to the lock.
    every keeps saying rogue or the shaman but no one is offering proof why here. I offered proof from a parse
    Raid Dps Gain as the the benefit from BOTH people Lock and the target
    Target Overall raid dps gain from Lock and target
    Combat Rogue 1952 dps
    Elemental Shaman 1938 dps

Resto druid 3000 dps for lock
    Last edited by Plexiforce; 2011-03-27 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    A shameless steal from EJ but here you go, just click the dark intent section on the contents.
    (section 6)
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...#Bane_of_Havoc
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc39dba8; 2011-03-27 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlevicar View Post
    A shameless steal from EJ but here you go, just click the dark intent section on the contents.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...#Bane_of_Havoc
    If you read he thanks Gherkin from mmo-champions for the list which has already been link and is what I have been referencing my numbers from.

this DI subject touches a nerve for me, specially when ppl talk about as if is general property. its one of the 3 new spells that lock got in cata, so it must be used by them to max dps. and this normally happens by making chains of it if more than 1 warlock is avalable in raid. simply cause haste buff stack.
    in my guild we have 3 warlocks in our 25 man 2 destro and 1 aff. we swap DI in chain i got about 30% haste and the buff is always at 3 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by beels78 View Post
    this DI subject touches a nerve for me, specially when ppl talk about as if is general property. its one of the 3 new spells that lock got in cata, so it must be used by them to max dps. and this normally happens by making chains of it if more than 1 warlock is avalable in raid. simply cause haste buff stack.
    in my guild we have 3 warlocks in our 25 man 2 destro and 1 aff. we swap DI in chain i got about 30% haste and the buff is always at 3 stacks.
    I don't really know where to start with how backwards this is...
    Try thinking of your raid's success over your own e-peen, for starters. Then check Gherkin's link and read the math and see how your raid is missing out on a good 10k or so extra raid dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Thats all fine in good if you want to circle jerk the buff but depends on the situation and if its the best choice Overall raid dps, in our 10 man it isnt so that isnt an option.
    Last edited by Plexiforce; 2011-03-27 at 12:53 AM.

The other night we had 2 locks also and we decided to DI each other we got 6% haste each and kept full stacks.